The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    oh btw I allmost forgot

Can't believe Juve isn't offering him a one year contract, this bro deserves to retire with atleast one more CL appearance....

610x.jpg

after 19 years of Juve, he's gone

Seedorf is leaving AC Milan, same for Van Bommel(heading back to PSV), Inzaghi and Nesta retire..
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kompany doesn't rate his wife or his kid
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    Did anybody see that RVP tweet? "No matter what happens in this game today, I will always love this team."

Basically saying "I'm gone, peace!."

the Blue moon has risen son lolololol

nah, he staying at Arsenal unless Barca or Real get serious about him....can't phantom him going to any other team in the prem.....

50/50 @ this point. If they do sell him, no lower than 35 mil. Cash in! But Wenger might handcuff him..
  • northside7
    Options

Explain...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

Explain...

Not watchin' MOTD?...lol

Gary Lineker asked Kompany how it feels to have won the league...Kompany replies, "Its the best feeling ever...To be politicly correct I should say its the best next to my wedding day and birth of my daughter"

lol

Sounds like something I'd say...Nice Premier League winner banter

• northside7
    Options

Explain...

Not watchin' MOTD?...lol

Gary Lineker asked Kompany how it feels to have won the league...Kompany replies, "Its the best feeling ever...To be politicly correct I should say its the best next to my wedding day and birth of my daughter"

lol

Sounds like something I'd say...Nice Premier League winner banter

"politically correct" lol........
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, so nasri and cliche won more trophies than what arsenal had in the past 6 years..
  • northside7
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    damn, so nasri and cliche won more trophies than what arsenal had in the past 6 years..

Don't start that ? ..
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    Options
  • northside7
    Options
    Laugh now. You wont be for long...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Euro 2012 - Topless protester grabs Euro trophy

Sat, 12 May 18:31:00 2012

A Ukrainian women's rights activist stripped to the waist and seized the Euro 2012 trophy while it was on public display in Kiev in a protest against the forthcoming month-long championship.

1fec2e582aed03b8790eca1551616125.jpg

The young woman, 23-year-old Yulia Kovpachik, is a member of the Kiev-based Femen women's rights group which believes the Euro 2012 tournament being played in Ukraine next month will encourage sex tourism.

Kovpachik strode up to the silver, two-feet high trophy, which was on display as a tourist attraction in an open air exhibition in central Kiev, ostensibly to be photographed alongside it like hundreds of other sightseers.

But she then pulled down her red T-shirt to reveal the words "F*** Euro 2012" scrawled on her torso. As she grabbed hold of the cup with both hands, she was seized by security guards, who appeared to have had advanced warning of the protest.

They covered her with a sheet and took her off to a waiting police car.

The protest appeared to be the first action in a campaign against the championship by Femen which regularly stages bare-breast protests in Ukraine - and sometimes beyond - to highlight what it sees as political injustice, social abuse and the exploitation of women in Ukraine.

Femen says Euro 2012, which Ukraine is co-hosting with Poland next month with the final in Kiev on July 1, will be a magnet for sex tourists - one of the group's main targets - and will feed a booming sex industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWgw0LmTn4

About one million foreign tourists are expected in Ukraine for the Euros.

Organisers said the 17lbs Henri Delaunay cup was undamaged though Kovpachik appeared to topple back under its weight as security guards seized her. It was still on show in late evening.

Femen's spokeswoman, Anna Gutsol, said Kovpachik, who staged the protest on her 23rd birthday, was released after being told she would have to appear in court on Monday on a charge of hooliganism. The charge carries a maximum fine of 800 hryvnias (£60) and 15 days detention.

Conscious of Ukraine's growing reputation as a new destination for sex tourism, Euro 2012 organisers say they are taking steps to curb prostitution during the month-long tournament.

After Kovpachik's protest, Femen activist Olexandra Shevchenko told reporters: "We came here today to stop Euro fan low-life from making a bordello out of Ukraine."

City authorities have mounted the trophy in a temporary exhibition area on Kiev's Independence Square.
    Hundreds of sightseers were queuing up under the blazing sun for souvenir photographs alongside it when Kovpachik staged her demonstration.

Independence Square itself will be the centre of a huge 'fan-zone' during Euro 2012, capable of holding tens of thousands of football supporters.

Reuters

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13052012/58/euro-2012-topless-protester-grabs-euro-trophy.html
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    btw even if he doesnt resign they are willing to keep him for the year and lose him for free...it will take a huge bid for us to lose him this summer...btwn his wife talking and the teamates it seems like hes staying
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? u nike if this is true
    As1jr0UCAAAWtwi.jpg
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    ? u nike if this is true
    As1jr0UCAAAWtwi.jpg

lol no way...its identical to the away kit Utd have now
  • northside7
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    ? u nike if this is true
    As1jr0UCAAAWtwi.jpg

? horrendous..
  • MUDDYWATERZ
    MUDDYWATERZ Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    Swagger jacking Man U I see, smh
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Neville appointed to Hodgson's coaching staff... but it's Gary not Phil

Gary Neville has signed a four-year deal to become part of England boss Roy Hodgson's coaching team.

The former Manchester United defender has forged a career as a respected television pundit since hanging up his boots.

But the 37-year-old has made a surprise return to the game ahead of Euro 2012.

During a successful playing career he made 85 England appearances, while winning every domestic honour with Manchester United, and the UEFA Champions League.

He represented England at Euro 96, Euro 2000, Euro 2004, World Cup 98 and World Cup 2006.

Neville said: 'Roy asking me to be a part of his staff and to work with the national team is not only an honour but a very special moment for me.

'I had absolutely no hesitation in accepting this role and I am relishing the opportunity to work alongside Roy and the team at the Euros and through to the next two tournaments.'

Neville will join coach Ray Lewington and goalkeeper coaches Ray Clemence and Dave Watson in Hodgson's staff at the European Championship.

The England Manager said: 'Gary has achieved so much in the game as a player with Manchester United and England.

'He has obtained Uefa coaching qualifications and will be tremendously respected by the players because of his vast experience as a player.

'At my first meeting with The FA, I explained that Gary was someone I wanted as part of my staff. I think it is very important we have a younger coach who knows the dressing room and is very experienced at international level.

'That he has represented England as a player at five major finals tournaments will make him an invaluable member of staff.'

The Mail on Sunday columnist will continue his role with Sky Sports.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2144197/Gary-Neville-joins-England-coaching-staff.html#ixzz1uqmslQa6
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Nice...Let's see if he can put his words into practise...
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a great day yesterday- City won the Premier League and I scored a goal off a free kick in my indoor league.

I ordered this ball in the morning:

27200.jpg
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    It was a great day yesterday- City won the Premier League and I scored a goal off a free kick in my indoor league.

I ordered this ball in the morning:

27200.jpg

Congrats...I'm the deadball man in my team (except for corners, coz I'm a striker). Them ? are difficult as ? ...I've not missed a pen in a very long while, though
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fergie: City '100 years' behind us

By ESPN staff
    Despite congratulating Manchester City on claiming the Premier League title, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson warned the club they are still a century away from having the history of the Red Devils.

City pipped United to the trophy on the most thrilling final day in Premier League history, but Ferguson warned that it will take more than that to match the Old Trafford club's successes.

"They can go on as much as they like - that's what you would expect - but the history of our club stands us aside," Ferguson said. "We don't need to worry about that. I think we have a rich history, better than anyone and it'll take them a century to get to our level of history."

Ferguson's men won at Sunderland, but it was not enough to claim the title and the veteran manager insists that his side will bounce back.

"We accept challenges. We are good at that," said Ferguson. "At the start of the season, if I remember correctly, I said 82 points would probably win the league this season and we are seven points ahead of that. But look, it doesn't matter, we've lost the league.

"It is a cruel way to have the title ripped away, but I've had a lot of ups and downs in my 25 years here. There will be times when we can sit back and say we did this wrong, we did that wrong, but 89 points would have won the league most seasons.

"All we had to do was concentrate on our job and that's what we did, but you are going to get certain types of reaction from the crowd.

"We knew five minutes' extra time was being played at City. Our game had three minutes' stoppage time and you don't know what can happen in the extra two minutes, but they got that break and won the game.

"We should take credit because of the fact we had so many injuries and coped with them very well. We have some young players and they have now experienced what happened here today. Hopefully in seven or eight years they will be at Manchester United and the experience is good for them - even if it's a bad one.

"They're a good bunch of lads. The younger players will remember today because sometimes a bad experience is even better for you. When you've got a certain character and a good purpose about you, then you shouldn't fear the future and I don't think these lads will."
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swagger jacking Man U I see, smh

More like Nike got lazy and just decided to swap the Man Ure badge with an Arsenal one. It's like none of the the manufacturers could be bothered this year.
  • northside7
    Options
    Fergie: City '100 years' behind us

By ESPN staff
    Despite congratulating Manchester City on claiming the Premier League title, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson warned the club they are still a century away from having the history of the Red Devils.

City pipped United to the trophy on the most thrilling final day in Premier League history, but Ferguson warned that it will take more than that to match the Old Trafford club's successes.

"They can go on as much as they like - that's what you would expect - but the history of our club stands us aside," Ferguson said. "We don't need to worry about that. I think we have a rich history, better than anyone and it'll take them a century to get to our level of history."

Ferguson's men won at Sunderland, but it was not enough to claim the title and the veteran manager insists that his side will bounce back.

"We accept challenges. We are good at that," said Ferguson. "At the start of the season, if I remember correctly, I said 82 points would probably win the league this season and we are seven points ahead of that. But look, it doesn't matter, we've lost the league.

"It is a cruel way to have the title ripped away, but I've had a lot of ups and downs in my 25 years here. There will be times when we can sit back and say we did this wrong, we did that wrong, but 89 points would have won the league most seasons.

"All we had to do was concentrate on our job and that's what we did, but you are going to get certain types of reaction from the crowd.

"We knew five minutes' extra time was being played at City. Our game had three minutes' stoppage time and you don't know what can happen in the extra two minutes, but they got that break and won the game.

"We should take credit because of the fact we had so many injuries and coped with them very well. We have some young players and they have now experienced what happened here today. Hopefully in seven or eight years they will be at Manchester United and the experience is good for them - even if it's a bad one.

"They're a good bunch of lads. The younger players will remember today because sometimes a bad experience is even better for you. When you've got a certain character and a good purpose about you, then you shouldn't fear the future and I don't think these lads will."

You guys still have a long way to go..