J. Cole confirms joint album with Kendrick Lamar

Options

Comments

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care how commercially viable Kendrick is, he's the better rapper/better artist in comparison with Cole.
    I don't even see how this ? is a debate.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I don't care how commercially viable Kendrick is, he's the better rapper/better artist in comparison with Cole.
    I don't even see how this ? is a debate.

lol cause you're wrong
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    young ? coming together to collab and folks in here crying and ? and haven't heard one bit of the music yet. i'm not sure wtf wrong with yall
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    young ? coming together to collab and folks in here crying and ? and haven't heard one bit of the music yet. i'm not sure wtf wrong with yall

This what im sayin. There's no way to satisfy hip hop fans.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im gonna download this ? ....next time i have trouble sleepin i will throw it on.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    should be a good collabo, they will balance each other out imo. As superlyrical as some of you people might think Kendrick is over J Cole, J Cole is easilly the better artist and have more range beyond a underground sound. Ya'll acting like J Cole can't spit, like he wasn't getting off on The Come Up, The Warm Up and FNL. Sideline Story was just to make sure he didn't put up Joe Budden type sales, you can't hit the consumers over the head with nerd raps all the way on the album.

Section.80 is better than anything Cole has ever put out, so exactly how is Cole "easily" the better artist?

The Warm Up is right up there with Section 80 imo. The reason why J Cole is a better artist is because he can do the underground lyrical (as seen on his mixtapes) and he can do the commercial records. He is easily a better song writer than Kendrick imo, what has Kendrick done other than show he is a mixtape and underground rapper?

First of all, no @ bolded.

Second of all, what did J. Cole do to show that he wasn't just a mixtape and underground rapper prior to his major label debut? Kendrick is just now starting to make a commercial push so it's too early to say that.

I told you 2 years ago that Kendrick was nicer than Cole before anyone knew who he was. Now I doubt everyone in this thread is delusional. Kendrick is a better lyricist, technical rapper, has more different flows, better production, more creative, non-redundant topics (unlike Cole), better stage show (I've seen them both), and he got his buzz without a cosign. Cole is NOT a better songwriter than Kendrick.

You can put Kendrick Lamar EP OOORRR Overly Dedicated OOORRR Section.80 against ANY project that J. Cole released and they're all ? on his ? .

Yo marin3 you know how you always loved to bring up the college demographic, touring, and artist development ? when talking about Cole? That's exactly what Lamar is on right now. I'm in college and Kendrick did a packed show at my school 3 days ago.. I saw a crowd full of attractive girls that were singing along with all his lyrics. Just WAIT.

Kendrick Lamar will be commercially successful without making wack songs like Work Out.

What did J Cole do to show he wasn't just a mixtape rapper, lets see. He put out a mixtape that manage to cross over into the mainstream with FNL, IN THE MORNING happened to turn into a hit record on the radio, he developed a fanbase beyond underground hiphop fans all with his FNL mixtape. I mean seriously, who the ? is checking for Kendrick Lamar beyond back pack and underground fans, have you ever in your life heard a mainstream music fan checking for Kendrick Lamar?

I agree Kendrick is a better lyricist, but being a grear lyricist don't really mean ? when it comes to being a complete artist, word to Joe Budden, Ras Kas, Canibus, and all them other superlyrical rapping ass ? . If you can't construct songs and make music outside your comfort zone then you're just another mixtape rapper who can't make records.

When Kendrick puts out his debut album and it puts up ? poor numbers you will get this in your thick skull. ? ain't checking for that ? and the typical music lover ain't checking for none of that super rapping ? . Tell that ? to stop rapping on those Enya beats with his old man voice.

Since when do women dictate what quality music is? When do sales dictate what quality music is? Have you heard his projects or are you trolling?

I didn't say women dictate music, but women are the taste makers of what's hot typically and it's the average none die hard hiphop fans who buy music. You don't sell gold or platinum off die hard hiphop fans alone.

Sales is a direct result of quality, but it's a indicator of your impact. If you don't think sales matter then how do you explain Pac, Jay, Big, Nas, Outkast legacy compared to ? like Ras Kass, AZ,etc.

I have Section 80 and O.D. on my itunes, what i am saying is K Dot's music won't reach outside the niche audience of hiphop. Dude hasn't shown any indication that he is commercially viable at all.

Why would you give a ? ? When you listen to music do you wonder who else likes it? Who cares what other people like.Women listen to music with their ? for the most part. They'll find a guy attractive or his voice attractive and like the music no matter how bad it is. They'll listen to simple melodies as long as it gets drummed into their skull a dozen times at the club. You really believe they are indicators of good music? Sales matter to the labels who have them signed and for the artist to leverage bigger show and feature money. Does not have ? to do with how good the music is. Why are you making an argument with invalid points? You seem to just be typing just to type bro.

You mad ? !

The only people that says sales don't matter are people who don't sell. They're usually the first ones ? about how the label didn't promote them too, but why does promotion matter if sales don't matter.

All the great rappers have had a female fanbase too, you can't just dismiss womens contribution. Pac had the ? , so did Jay, so did Big,etc and it's not for none of those superficial reason's you name either.

I'm not mad, you're just dumb as ? .
  • OceanState
    OceanState Members Posts: 203
    Options
    All im gonna say is dont be surprised if Cole is SPITTIN on this, that being said obviously Kendrick is better on a lyrical standpoint.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    should be a good collabo, they will balance each other out imo. As superlyrical as some of you people might think Kendrick is over J Cole, J Cole is easilly the better artist and have more range beyond a underground sound. Ya'll acting like J Cole can't spit, like he wasn't getting off on The Come Up, The Warm Up and FNL. Sideline Story was just to make sure he didn't put up Joe Budden type sales, you can't hit the consumers over the head with nerd raps all the way on the album.

Section.80 is better than anything Cole has ever put out, so exactly how is Cole "easily" the better artist?

The Warm Up is right up there with Section 80 imo. The reason why J Cole is a better artist is because he can do the underground lyrical (as seen on his mixtapes) and he can do the commercial records. He is easily a better song writer than Kendrick imo, what has Kendrick done other than show he is a mixtape and underground rapper?

Second of all, what did J. Cole do to show that he wasn't just a mixtape and underground rapper prior to his major label debut? Kendrick is just now starting to make a commercial push so it's too early to say that.

I told you 2 years ago that Kendrick was nicer than Cole before anyone knew who he was. Now I doubt everyone in this thread is delusional. Kendrick is a better lyricist, technical rapper, has more different flows, better production, more creative, non-redundant topics (unlike Cole), better stage show (I've seen them both), and he got his buzz without a cosign. Cole is NOT a better songwriter than Kendrick.

You can put Kendrick Lamar EP OOORRR Overly Dedicated OOORRR Section.80 against ANY project that J. Cole released and they're all ? on his ? .

Yo marin3 you know how you always loved to bring up the college demographic, touring, and artist development ? when talking about Cole? That's exactly what Lamar is on right now. I'm in college and Kendrick did a packed show at my school 3 days ago.. I saw a crowd full of attractive girls that were singing along with all his lyrics. Just WAIT.

Kendrick Lamar will be commercially successful without making wack songs like Work Out.

What did J Cole do to show he wasn't just a mixtape rapper, lets see. He put out a mixtape that manage to cross over into the mainstream with FNL, IN THE MORNING happened to turn into a hit record on the radio, he developed a fanbase beyond underground hiphop fans all with his FNL mixtape. I mean seriously, who the ? is checking for Kendrick Lamar beyond back pack and underground fans, have you ever in your life heard a mainstream music fan checking for Kendrick Lamar?

I agree Kendrick is a better lyricist, but being a grear lyricist don't really mean ? when it comes to being a complete artist, word to Joe Budden, Ras Kas, Canibus, and all them other superlyrical rapping ass ? . If you can't construct songs and make music outside your comfort zone then you're just another mixtape rapper who can't make records.

When Kendrick puts out his debut album and it puts up ? poor numbers you will get this in your thick skull. ? ain't checking for that ? and the typical music lover ain't checking for none of that super rapping ? . Tell that ? to stop rapping on those Enya beats with his old man voice.

? are checking for him though. Not only backpackers. I told you he just did a packed show at a basketball arena full of sexy college hoes 4 days ago. You like 33 years old in community college so I wouldn't expect you to know what's going on with the younger generation. It may be hard to fathom but regular young people are checkin for him, the same people that are checkin for Cole are checkin for Kendrick. It's a new generation where most young people know about rappers that aren't on the radio (such as Krit, Currensy, Dom Kennedy, ASAP Rocky, etc..) We all have internet access. Just because they're not posting on a forum doesn't mean they're not hearing ? . Kendrick don't even make backpack music. Dude has screwed up ? C samples on his hooks and ? . What the ? are you talking about? Do you listen to music or do you just skim through it? You just making assumptions to support your argument. How you all over Jay Electronica ? yet Kendrick only has nerdy fanbase? Your obsession with Roc Nation is some real weirdo ? .

How you acting like Kendrick is super one dimensional when he has a way bigger variety of types of songs than Cole touching on all types of topics and he's not redundant? How the ? can you compare Kendrick to Canibus when he actually makes good songs with appealing beats, topics, hooks, breakdowns, structures? You seriously believe J. Cole constructs better songs than Kendrick just because he had a couple successful radio songs?? To me that's basing solely off popularity rather than music, which you ain't trying to hear when I bring up Wayne's numbers. Don't be such a ? hypocrite.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

This. Cole might get murdered every track but if Cole can get direction on the beats and get some smooth production like Bun B for President...could be amazing.
  • Dharmic X
    Dharmic X Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    LOL 14 year old Becky from the burbs ain't checking for no Kendrick Lamar

LOL at not hearing IN THE MORNING on the radio, what ? world were you living in.

I obviously do listen to K Dot, i was one of the first ? on this site talking about K Dot, Wale, and J Cole. Try again!

The average ignorant YMCMB fans ain't checking no K Dot, you think just because he got on a collabo they'll run out and buy his album. Tyga got a top 10 Billboard single right now and the ? can barely ? 200k in sales, what you think Kendrick gonna do with less popularity. lol

LOL at being on mtv meaning anything, Yo Gotti was all over MTV and the ? sold less than 10k copies his first week.

LOL at Cole not making street records, so what THE COME UP, THE WARM UP, AND FNL were nothing but pop songs? lmfao J Cole's verse on LOOKING FOR TROUBLE alone generated more buzz than anything K Dot has done to date and that wasn't a pop verse.

LOL at you listening to the music like some ? record executive... Just listen like a fan and stop worrying about what other people around you think about either artist. They makin the music for YOU! Not for Becky from the burbs.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/uNTpPNo3LBg
    Song of the Year Nothing was put out this creative
  • OceanState
    OceanState Members Posts: 203
    Options
    This. Cole might get murdered every track but if Cole can get direction on the beats and get some smooth production like Bun B for President...could be amazing.

we need cole to get on his dead presidents 2 ? and he'll be fine....if he still has that in him
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dharmic X wrote: »

LOL at not hearing IN THE MORNING on the radio, what ? world were you living in.

I obviously do listen to K Dot, i was one of the first ? on this site talking about K Dot, Wale, and J Cole. Try again!

The average ignorant YMCMB fans ain't checking no K Dot, you think just because he got on a collabo they'll run out and buy his album. Tyga got a top 10 Billboard single right now and the ? can barely ? 200k in sales, what you think Kendrick gonna do with less popularity. lol

LOL at being on mtv meaning anything, Yo Gotti was all over MTV and the ? sold less than 10k copies his first week.

LOL at Cole not making street records, so what THE COME UP, THE WARM UP, AND FNL were nothing but pop songs? lmfao J Cole's verse on LOOKING FOR TROUBLE alone generated more buzz than anything K Dot has done to date and that wasn't a pop verse.

LOL at you listening to the music like some ? record executive... Just listen like a fan and stop worrying about what other people around you think about either artist. They makin the music for YOU! Not for Becky from the burbs.

Rofl word I'm trying to understand why what 14 year old Becky from the burbs has to do with anything.. 14 year old Becky from the burbs ain't checking for J. Cole neither. More like 16-30 year old urban demographic.

Why would I want to listen to the same thing 14 year old Becky from the burbs does? Does 14 year old Becky from the burbs decide who is a better song writer??

GET THE ? OUTTA HERE!!!
  • Dharmic X
    Dharmic X Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    And I understand where he's comin from and the power of demographics... but c'mon son. If we stick to our guns and support what WE like, artists will cater to us too. Let's just worry about the music.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the kendrick lamar hate is hilarious. I remeber couples months back when everyone was rooting for him and now y'all talking ? .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the kendrick lamar hate is hilarious. I remeber couples months back when everyone was rooting for him and now y'all talking ? .

Some people are probably mad he signed with "? azz dre and EUROMATH" and went to a major. Some people are only fans when people are on the bottom, and then hate them when they're on top. nh
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ hip hop.

That ? is stupid.I don't care who he signs with or if he goes mainstrem as long as he is making good music.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The guy has always been an idiot

Rofl word I'm trying to understand why what 14 year old Becky from the burbs has to do with anything.. 14 year old Becky from the burbs ain't checking for J. Cole neither. More like 16-30 year old urban demographic.

Why would I want to listen to the same thing 14 year old Becky from the burbs does? Does 14 year old Becky from the burbs decide who is a better song writer??

GET THE ? OUTTA HERE!!!

The guy actually thinks about what other people like to listen to. It is a weak-minded tactic to justify the quality of music.

And I understand where he's comin from and the power of demographics... but c'mon son. If we stick to our guns and support what WE like, artists will cater to us too. Let's just worry about the music.

The industry already talks about needing 13 year old white girls to succeed, why we need to validate that is beyond reason

Some people are probably mad he signed with "? azz dre and EUROMATH" and went to a major. Some people are only fans when people are on the bottom, and then hate them when they're on top. nh

Man, some people are clowns

@ hip hop.

That ? is stupid.I don't care who he signs with or if he goes mainstrem as long as he is making good music.

Yes, nothing else matters outside of the actual music man.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? are checking for him though. Not only backpackers. I told you he just did a packed show at a basketball arena full of sexy college hoes 4 days ago. You like 33 years old in community college so I wouldn't expect you to know what's going on with the younger generation. It may be hard to fathom but regular young people are checkin for him, the same people that are checkin for Cole are checkin for Kendrick. It's a new generation where most young people know about rappers that aren't on the radio (such as Krit, Currensy, Dom Kennedy, ASAP Rocky, etc..) We all have internet access. Just because they're not posting on a forum doesn't mean they're not hearing ? . Kendrick don't even make backpack music. Dude has screwed up ? C samples on his hooks and ? . What the ? are you talking about? Do you listen to music or do you just skim through it? You just making assumptions to support your argument. How you all over Jay Electronica ? yet Kendrick only has nerdy fanbase? Your obsession with Roc Nation is some real weirdo ? .

How you acting like Kendrick is super one dimensional when he has a way bigger variety of types of songs than Cole touching on all types of topics and he's not redundant? How the ? can you compare Kendrick to Canibus when he actually makes good songs with appealing beats, topics, hooks, breakdowns, structures? You seriously believe J. Cole constructs better songs than Kendrick just because he had a couple successful radio songs?? To me that's basing solely off popularity rather than music, which you ain't trying to hear when I bring up Wayne's numbers. Don't be such a ? hypocrite.

real ? that dude marine frontin ...lol he was up in here calling kendricks tape elevator music when it first dropped ...along with some other posters ... now outta nowhere ? a fan? ..... to quote his goat "you need more people" .... but anyway this ? is a dope idea ..i like all this collaboration going on these days its a good look for the genre ..i hope they just drop the ? outta nowhere no promo just to do it ...but i doubt it'll even drop...sadly
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole can keep up w Kendrick....kendrick will bring the best out of him hopefully...at one point cole was dope but ppl forget
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

loch121 wrote: »
    This would be great.i would like to hear this, but they need to solidify themselves more solo.Cole needs that classic album,where he doesn't have to worry about radio songs as much, and Lamar needs to drop a debut

he already dropped section 80
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at "Euromath" tho
    I wonder who came up with that witty one
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how did I reply to myself?
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seriously some people here are pathetic. They are both talented artist. Quit hating on Cole. Before the album he was considered to be the second coming of christ in this forum until the album and this was just with the mixtaes. When the album didin't match the high expectations of everyone. You same people will do the same when kenrick's album dosen't live up to expectations
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick is gonna get the J. Cole post album treatment pretty soon.