TM 103: 5 MONTHS LATER.. WHAT ARE THE IC's THOUGHTS??

Options
buttuh_b
buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Young_Jeezy-TM103HA-Official_Cover.jpg

The highly anticipated Jeezy album that seemed like it took forever to drop and surprised people with nice sales figures. Everyone thought Jizzle was done for and then he dropped a gold album with a couple commercially successful singles in "I Do" and "Leave You Alone"..

Now that we've had time to let this project marinate, what do we think about it? How does it rank in comparison to his other albums?? Favorite tracks???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2fxcjCxX5c

I still ride to this joint.

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Yawwwwn. Forgettable
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He had that one hot song with jay-z and 3stack.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody thought Jeezy was done, everybody knew he'd go Gold just like his last album in '08.

Waiting, Just Like That, and I Do are my favorite songs off the CD.

TM101 was a classic, TM102 was Heat, The Recession was a lil commercial but had some nice songs.

TM103 will be viewed as his worst effort but he was under a lot of pressure and had health issues so the project isn't as strong as the others.

His next album should be a monster since it will be his fifth album.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The least re playable of all of his albums
  • Tru_Hitta
    Tru_Hitta Members Posts: 615
    Options
    i still bump it my favs are "I Do,Never Be The Same,Everythang....but as a whole it was a decent album but it wont go down as a classic
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    A good album but worst in his catalog
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    he should stop working with Lil Lody....his beats are generic as hell and sound unfinished....overall, ok album...not his best work....I still think TM 102 is his best album...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with this. I don't really play it all the way through but I ? with the whole middle portion of.

I'm a Jeezy fan and I was surprised at the numbers he did. People on twitter were clownin cuz his ? kept getting pushed back and he couln't really get a single to pop like that.
  • southernmade
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I agree with this. I don't really play it all the way through but I ? with the whole middle portion of.

I'm a Jeezy fan and I was surprised at the numbers he did. People on twitter were clownin cuz his ? kept getting pushed back and he couln't really get a single to pop like that.

Yeah this album is one of the reasons why people say Def Jam buy's their first week album sales...
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his worst album

but he got some hits on it tho

superfreak, smoke and ? , i do, way too gone, this ones for you, fame, everything

• southernmade
    Options
    Plap Sun wrote: »
    his worst album

superfreak, smoke and ? , i do, way too gone, this ones for you, fame, everything

I thought that song was going to be trash because Neyo was on it....I'm not a fan, But it's actually one of his best songs....

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    2chainz made it good.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    his worst album

I thought that song was going to be trash because Neyo was on it....I'm not a fan, But it's actually one of his best songs....

Way Too Gone is the one with Future, not Ne-Yo
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was a good album
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his worst album

lol it had future on it, and he not the best lyricist alive but in the club his verse fits the vibe of the song

and i just love the beat to that song
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah this album is one of the reasons why people say Def Jam buy's their first week album sales...

1st week = 232,000
    2nd week = 63,232

I don't know the percentage on that drop..........
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only listened to about 5 songs and never listened to it again.
  • Dharmic X
    Dharmic X Members Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Options
    I liked a lot of the leaks, but I'll be honest, I didn't get a chance to listen to the whole album. I was a fan of The Recession though.

3 Stacks bodied "I Do." Not saying Jay didn't do his thing... but 3K went IN.
  • southernmade
    edited May 2012
    Options
    his worst album

Way Too Gone is the one with Future, not Ne-Yo

haha mybad...Leave you Alone is the song I was talking about....

There so many songs that were on those last 3 or 4 mixtapes that should have been on the album....he wasted a lot of good songs...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

1st week = 232,000
    2nd week = 63,232

I don't know the percentage on that drop..........

over 70 i believe
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i liked da cd..
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of 103, but "Trapped" with Jill Scott, "Fame", "I Do", and a few more were all heat. Album overall was average IMO, but there was some fire sprinkled in between
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    Options
    It was solid. Jizzle did his thing & left a lil room for improvement on da next cd. FAME & Way Too Gone R my joints!! It would've been dope if he would've dropped a vid for I Do after FAME
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tm 101>>>>>>>>>
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol it irks me some one can listen to a whole jeezy album. Dude is straight garbage.