Why didn't Juelz Santana make it?

Options

Comments

• PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yu could tell he lazy bc he didnt capitalized and make a video for homerun when the audio version was poppin
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicca was tryin too hard to be a tuff guy followin his brah twin instead of makin music consistently . He could of filled that gap in age from last generations ny rappers to the new one. Cuhz blew it
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow I was gonna make this thread like 30 times but didn't even wanna waste my time... Juelz lost his drive harder than almost any rapper I've ever cared for... This guy salted his own formula, went from Human ? In The Flesh to I'm a rockstar splashy splash BS... Nomrapper has ever disappointed me more than Juelz especially over the last 5 years. He had the mistake game down to a science with The Back Like Cooked ? volumes he was that ? and then hen started smelling his self too much and all down hill. Stopped using punchlines and replacing them with predictable repetitive bars that a 6 year old could create... He even had a chance to take his ? to new heights after WTGBM, his 2nd album which I still bang til this day but he became a dependant... Dependent on Cam, Jim, and worst of all Lil Wayne... He stopped thinking bout his own ? and relied on Wayne to carry him to superstardom which was a crash and burn after Wayne went to jail.... This Reagan Era jawn is up there with Detox as one of the albums that will never see the light of day...

Lastly, the dude just lost it point blank... It must have been when he threw away the bandana cuz he ain't been the same ever since smfh.... I heard he was on the kirko bangs remix and I actually was excited to see what he talking bout now if he possibly came back with a new hunger and revival of the Tana I used to know but dude came off so damn elementary I just gave up on dude... Height haves lil bread left but he is no longer Santana the Great , dude is basic as hell now and it hurts for me to say bcuz I looked up to Santana heavy in the DipSet Era, the kid Jimmy is leaps and bounds better of a rapper than Juelz nowadays and that's just a shame... Juelz blew his shot at greatness....

I don't know how to post bids but Im a link 3 basement freestyles and just notice the hunger and originality he had.... Ddes flow was one of a kind ow he's weak AF
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is lazy as ? .
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    all the talent was in the bandana
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DRUGS And ? (A Drug)...Makes you lazy
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wack thread. He DID make it. He was apart of the one of the hottest groups to bless the mic. SMH @ y'all expecting everyone to have Nas, JayZ longevity.

Juelz had an average to above average career. Just because he didn't blow up like Nas and them doesn't mean he didn't make it.

? , for all we know, he might still be working on some ? . Everyone doesn't have to follow the Wayne, over-saturate the industry formula.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack thread. He DID make it. He was apart of the one of the hottest groups to bless the mic. SMH @ y'all expecting everyone to have Nas, JayZ longevity.

Juelz had an average to above average career. Just because he didn't blow up like Nas and them doesn't mean he didn't make it.

? , for all we know, he might still be working on some ? . Everyone doesn't have to follow the Wayne, over-saturate the industry formula.

Tahe ? has only dropped two albums.... TWO ? albums! Thats not reaching ur potential especially with his credibility as an MC at his peak.... He's already past his prime I would say, missed the bus
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    juelz had the talent to become a great rapper but he just went on some dumbshyt gettin caught up wit the feds . even wayne had to scrap the album cuz he was being lazy
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dude had so much potential in his verses on SDE and Come Home With Me. His early Dipset material was decent too.

Then, dude started settling for wack azz punchlines/bars and making some of the worst music known to man
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the gam been missing was dope then ? ......
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    normally i never give anyone one a pass...but i think it was cams fault santana missed tomany collabs because cam went "mia" and didnt wanna "ok" ? ....
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Juelz was always just okay.He wasn't no top 5, but Dipset breaking up is what happened.He was cam's artist and fell out w/ Cam

Jay Z wasn't pressed to drop him since he threw darts at him.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His lazy ass just wasn't working. He's the Jadakiss without the BIG cosign and only 2 solo albums/
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Lil Wayne kind of stole his style/swag and ran with it......
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it might be b/c he's wack as ?
  • c.b.b.
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Juelz was always just okay.He wasn't no top 5, but Dipset breaking up is what happened.He was cam's artist and fell out w/ Cam

Jay Z wasn't pressed to drop him since he threw darts at him.

Yeah Juelz and Jim Jones got brand new when they blew up and IMO it was grimy of them to go on stage with 50 when Cam was beefing with him.

Juelz also got cocky and felt he didn't need to give a damn about lyrics. It showed b/c his debut album was lyrically wack as hell.

Total opposite of how he was rapping in the early Dipset days (SDE, Come Home With Me, Diplomat mixtapes from '02, etc).
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil wayne stole his swagger and ran wit it rhymming all slow and ? .And talking about getting head.
  • c.b.b.
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    it might be b/c he's wack as ?

That too. beside a few verses dude was always garbage as hell to me
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ME Human ? in the flesh
    Im the last of the best
    One word to describe me "Spectacular" YES

Juelz was dope. hope he stays off the syrup. He had good mic presence
  • OceanState
    OceanState Members Posts: 203
    Options
    maybe because using the same last word in his sentences ? in verses got old

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Didn't make it ? Huh ?? Wasn't he part of one of the BIGGEST movements in Hiphop ? Dipset is the reason ? was rockin pink & purple, the reason why ? was wearing them big square earrings, rockin their bandana like Santana & why ? were even copying their production style. His album went platinum & his debut went gold, he had classic mixtapes, HUGE singles (dipset dipset) made millions and bar for bar is still one of the nicest ? in the game. He didn't need a Jay-Z co-sign on a song to blow up or influence his audience.

? gotta find a proper definition for "relevance" cuz with the exception of a very very small few there are not a lot of rappers that are still able to be in the game for 10 years + and still sell a lot of albums but that don't mean their irrelevant. Half of these guys just come into the game to make their money, enjoy themselves and then leave when they have enough. Not everybody needs the masses to kiss their ass - the same masses that will turn on them in a heart beat when a new ? comes on the scence.

While I respect this opinion, I can't ? with it too heavy for one simple reason: Santana's the very definition of "hiding weak-ass bars behind the work of producers." Every one of his joints that was hot was only hot because of production. Hell, that entire repetitive rhyming style he brought to the table was ass.

"I told her SHUT UP, but she didn't want to SHUT UP, so I told the ? to SHUT UP and then she SHUT UP"

Hell, it made me sick when Cam started using the ? because I forgot he was nice.
  • antdatruth89
    antdatruth89 Members Posts: 18
    Options
    Kinda crazy for juelz that he hasnt released an album in 7 years he had his chance to do more work but he didnt pursue. What the games been missing from 2005 is still a classic to this day. I just think the whole dipset movement just faded after '05-06 and when jim jones dropped ballin it was the only song keeping hopes alive for dipsets future.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options