Post 5 unpopular Hip Hop beliefs...

Options

Comments

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    Lil B saved Hip Hop becuz he turned everybody's nightmare into a reality. In doing that he made Rap fun again and took the pressure off of a lot of people's backs (including some of our favorites). He got everybody's attention and made people dance, laugh, and have fun.

I could probably never listen to a Lil B album but its not about that, it's about image (that's all he is tbh). Ever since The Based ? blew up Rappers could breathe again becuz the standard was set so low lol, even tho he did it pretty geniusly.

Everybody (bloggers and the media) were ? (too much) about Soulja Boy and Brick Squad and Lil B came thru and made some of the catchiest most horrible music ever and made every go like "? it, whatever, I give up" and put HIP HOP in retrospect for the culture.

Now it's cool to be a Pop star, now the poetry and lyriscm is back, now it's cool to be You even if you're on some different ? (OddFuture, Nicki Minaj, the rising awareness of Tech N9ne, and some other things too). Lil B ushered in the new generation of Hip Hop for the better. Now people are doing them instead of trying to be an immitation of 2pac or Nas or Project Pat (or insert cliche' rapper).

Lil B gave us (our generation) the freedom to be us and let us stand on our own without having to be co- signed by some icon from the 80's or early 90's. Even if u truthfully whole heartedly despise the guy he impacted you in some kind of way whether u know it or not. His buzz has died down obviously but nobody is going to forget Lil B anytime soon. In 5 years the youngins will still know who Lil B is even if they're not really familiar with him.

And if you've never Cooked before then you just haven't lived and you've stayed under a rock your whole life. Again, u don't like to like Lil B but he's done a lot more for this culture and our generation than people realize... amnesia runs fluent in our culture, word to Dan Rather. Where would Hip Hop be without Lil B, I don't think people really wanna know the answer to that. But I'll give u a hint, we'd still be talking about Soulja Boy and V.I.C like they're the greatest and biggest regime in Hip Hop and Hip Hop woulda never really crossed all of the way over and it woulda really woulda died.

What Lil B did, was open up a whole wide of wannabe rappers that's tryna make it through the internet... He just opened to the flood gates to a whole bunch of ? saying "I wanna be a rapper, this ? is easy.. Lil B made it and this ? wack as ? "

But for Lil B, i think that he's accomplished what he wanted to, but still does it for the people.

don't act like Lil B had some greater purpose, because all he did was get the internet, bloggers, myspace on his side and created a career out of it, and now everybody wants to do the same thing.
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    RD being wack, overrated and not a classic is an unpopular belief. If RD is such a classic why are none of its hits syndicated? you still hear how do u want it and california love and hail mary on the radio everyday. they still play if i ruled the world, they still play crossroads, they still play killing me softly you know the real ? that rocked 1996 why the ? is nothing off of RD gets radio play? I havent heard aint no ? on the radio since may 1996. RD aint no ? classic. no replay value. no classic bangers. nobody talked about this album in 96. nobody in my hood jammed this album in 96 and we jammed everything that glorious summer except this boring ? album.

WHY IS IT A CLASSIC?

shock post

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie knew what was going to happen when Pac came to the studio...

Something happend between Pac and Faith before or during the beef...

Lil Wayne copies his favorite artist like Game but doesn't act stannish about it...

The Boondocks Gangstalious episode was a shot at a lot of ?

Conscious rappers are all talk... I bet Gucci Mane and Wakka Flocka has done more for the community than them...

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Conscious rappers are all talk... I bet Gucci Mane and Wakka Flocka has done more for the community than them...

What did they do? Donate some turkeys during Thanksgiving? Make a donation to the local youth center? Still doesn't absolve them of the moral degradation their music promotes.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The Westcoast originated the sound of todays hip hop. No one was gangstas before NWA dropped
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Westcoast originated the sound of todays hip hop. No one was gangstas before NWA dropped

Ever heard of Schoolly D? Ice-T?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

What did they do? Donate some turkeys during Thanksgiving? Make a donation to the local youth center? Still doesn't absolve them of the moral degradation their music promotes.

I rather have a turkey to eat during Thanksgiving than hear a ? talk about how people dont have a turkey to eat during Thanksgiving
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The south ? up hip hop, and 90% of them ? is wack lyrically.

Tupac was really an east coast ? .

New York ain't comin back B.

Eminem is average if he's black.

Detox ain't comin
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. if pac and biggie didn't die jay-z would be just another rapper.
    2. the young money label is killing hip hop.
    3. rakim was a better rapper than biggie and pac.
    4. gangsta rap in the early 90's ending the "old school" generation of rap in NY.
    5. eminem is the best lyrical rapper of the last 15 years.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Ross running the Game right now
    Lyrics and Wordplay is not the be all end all of being a MC
    Hip Hop needs rappers like Gucci, Waka Future. If everyone sounded like Nasir then Hip Hop would be boring
    I cant see how anyone can like Joe Budden

and no one is saying they have to rap like nas and masta ace. but at least put some type of effort on the mic. it's like they say anything and the fans eat it up just because the beats are hot and they saying simple catchy rhymes.

• TheFix
    Options
    1. if pac and biggie didn't die jay-z would be just another rapper.
    2. the young money label is killing hip hop.
    3. rakim was a better rapper than biggie and pac.
    4. gangsta rap in the early 90's ending the "old school" generation of rap in NY.
    5. eminem is the best lyrical rapper of the last 15 years.

Nas, Lupe, Andre 3000, Immortal Tech, Half of the Wu. >>> Eminem

and that's without thinkin about it.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vslyke wrote: »

And uh where is Ice T from? I know he was born on the East but his gangsta experience came from the Westcoast. He only lived in the East until he got to like the 3rd grade or something.
  • TheFix
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Hip Hop needs rappers like Gucci, Waka Future. If everyone sounded like Nasir then Hip Hop would be boring

and no one is saying they have to rap like nas and masta ace. but at least put some type of effort on the mic. it's like they say anything and the fans eat it up just because the beats are hot and they saying simple catchy rhymes.

The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum

- Masta Killa
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

I rather have a turkey to eat during Thanksgiving than hear a ? talk about how people dont have a turkey to eat during Thanksgiving

What if that conscious rapper is donating turkeys too?

Cause as far as I know, it ain't that hard to donate turkeys, especially with a lot of these rappers incomes.

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hell on earth>>infamous

? love to say no limit ruined hip hop but in reality, if we are to identify the main culprit of hip hop's demise its p shiddy and the shiny suit era

kanye west is an overrated producer

pharoahe monch is underapreciated and even in 1991 was way ahead of his time

for better or worse, miami bass has been way more influential on southern rap than the west

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

But sometimes less is more my nigg...

when u dancin with a chick at the club you not tryin to decipher lyrics...

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Lil B is good if you listen to his real ?

2. Lil Wayne is hot trash

3. The UK has some good artists

4. Eminem is not the best and 99% of his fans that claim he is relatable and deep are the kids from the suburbs who also listen to whatever is trendy at the time

5: My top 10
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

co sizzle.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    vslyke wrote: »

And uh where is Ice T from? I know he was born on the East but his gangsta experience came from the Westcoast. He only lived in the East until he got to like the 3rd grade or something.

He said NWA was 1st. Ice-T was well before them.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Ice T was something different from NWA. Dre, Cube, Eazy, and Ren had that mentality of "I'm the hardest ? in the hood. Look at all the ? and money I got."

Ice T was more realistic in the ups and downs of being a gangsta and a ? .

The gangsta style of NWA caught on more with the mainstream and influenced these new generations of rappers.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie is not top 5 D.O.A
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That a Women cant get on without a "Alpha Male" to Guide her...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks will outrap anyone on any song.

50 has the best flow/delivery of all time.

Prodigy didnt fall off like people think.

Lil' Flip still puts out quality music.
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    Banks will outrap anyone on any song.

50 has the best flow/delivery of all time.

Prodigy didnt fall off like people think.

Lil' Flip still puts out quality music.

too much wackness to comprehend
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    Jay Z has 2 classic albums. Black album and Blueprint 1

B.I.G is not a top 5 rapper

Not a 50cent fan but GRODT was a classic

Common is a top 5 rapper

TM 101 is a classic

I always said the bolded, but sometimes I think The Black Album is a classic