"F*ck race...I want everyone in here to say it, 'we blessed my n***a'"--Schoolboy Q

Options
1235»

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it is "our music"
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Hip Hop wouldn't be where it is without Whites..... isn't that a good thing? White ppl always taking something and destroying it. U really can't blame them they are naturally uncivilized.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol touché...I consider Rick Rubin to be down for the cause though
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More coonery and buffoonery. Seams to the norm in mainstream hip hop to me. Sad as it is to say. My brother-in-law told me Kanye did the same ? .
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He probably thought it was getting annoying watching them sing along with the song, and the suddenly pausing when they got to the n word.

That ? would be mad awkward imo.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D-Jack wrote: »
    SMH, always gotta be about race.

Damn shame white-skinned people invented racism and white supremacy huh?

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been noticing lately that ? dont bother me

i only notice it because its been drilled in that they not supposed to say it

but if i sit in here and say it and say it dont mean ? , why get mad at a white dude using it the same way im using it

Now if we arguing or having a disagreement, his use of the word is temporarily banned
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GZus wrote: »
    If hip hop isn't Black music then Salsa and Bachata aint Latin music

Right here...everywhere around the world EXCEPT America people view Hip Hop as Black Music. Black Music that they can enjoy, be apart of (rap, produce, b-boy, etc), but still know that it's Black music. You ask anyone who actually works in the music industry and they will tell you that it's black music, 1000%. I'll put money on it. The struggle of the ghetto, the African medallions, 'FIGHT THE POWER', little lines directly to White People (Lil Wayne - 'hop in the lamborghini, hoping them crackers see me'. ? I could go on on and on, but to say that Hip Hop isn't Black music is ridiculous. Only people I hear making those statements are white people. YOU CAN'T COMPARE classical music & hip hop because they come from two completely different places. Classical music does not have a vocal narrative. Jazz does not have a vocal narrative. Hip Hop sure as ? does, do your homework and pay homage
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My parents would've whooped my ass if they heard me call another kid a ? . They was all with the black power ? too. That ? was like cursing.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited May 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Damn shame white-skinned people invented racism and white supremacy huh?

that ? b killin me 2 c a white person n WHITE EMERICA cry about racism when they r da 1z who created RACISM smh
    R.D. wrote: »
    i been noticing lately that ? dont bother me

i only notice it because its been drilled in that they not supposed to say it

but if i sit in here and say it and say it dont mean ? , why get mad at a white dude using it the same way im using it

Now if we arguing or having a disagreement, his use of the word is temporarily banned

lol smh@ BOW DOWN ?

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f4/white-boy-housing-projects-beats-up-kid-calls-his-b-tch-kids-brother-gets-revenge-392021/

^ wherr da ? r they @? da whole hood wouldve beat da ? outta that cracka fa sayin ? like that smh@ them blk folkz not gettin on that cracka im glad that yung blk kidz older brotha beat da ? outta that stupid cracka! i still cant believe how them blkz just let that cracka say ? so FREELY!

smh@ this housenigga wat has da world come 2 wherr we got houseniggaz out herr goin outta they way 2 get whitez 2 say ? ..
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap is too gangster yo

take his nuts out of your mouth
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moedays wrote: »
    My parents would've whooped my ass if they heard me call another kid a ? . They was all with the black power ? too. That ? was like cursing.

What I don't understand is how the older generation get upset about the word when it used a whole lot back in the 60s and 70s. They influenced the generations that came after them, the ones who created hip hop. I'm not saying all the old heads did, but a good number of them did tho..
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    So the word "? " is a racial slur?

would u let a white person call u ? infront of ya parentz or grandparentz?

Yes, because it's a ? word you ? . If said white person isn't saying it as a derogatory phrase i don't give a ? . I couldn't give a ? less if my parents or grandparents was there. It's like how women refers to each other as bad ? .
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    So the word "? " is a racial slur?

would u let a white person call u ? infront of ya parentz or grandparentz?

Yes, because it's a ? word you ? . If said white person isn't saying it as a derogatory phrase i don't give a ? . I couldn't give a ? less if my parents or grandparents was there. It's like how women refers to each other as bad ? .

time to change your Pro Pic my boy...

bogost_2.jpg

here's a suitable one
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    @edutained_by_hh Did you come to the Kendrick show out here at UW a couple weeks ago breh? The female I was with was in awe at how many white people used the word when Kendrick would pause at parts of his songs with that word (a lot of his songs actually).

? makes me cringe.

Naw I didn't go to that show unfortunately. I had to be up early the next day. But I know what you mean, somehow they feel entitled to be able to use that word. Kendrick should have a talk with Schoolboy then, lol.

A few people I know said the show was dope though, next time Kendrick is around, I'll definitely go.

Side note: @butth_b, you like KRIT or Stalley or Killer Mike? Both of them are coming here too. All at Neumos, I just hope that joint isn't as hot as it was last Sunday. Need some fans in there.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am sad I missed this show but glad I did not hear this crowd request...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cracka in da house!
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel what a lot of y'all are saying....I just think a lot of rappers (in this case Schoolboy Q) get caught up in the moment.

Artists constantly spaz out on stage and start saying crazy ? . I imagine that when your up there performing your music you start getting all emotional and zoned out in what you're trying to say that you start realizing how irrelevant in the grand scheme of things a lot of ? (in this case, race) is. Not to mention that things probably look a lot different when your looking in the crowd and your seeing people of all races and colors (PAYING CUSTOMERS AT THAT) recite the words to your song/vibing along with the music.

There's also the fact that a lot of artists actually get on stage high as a kite and/or ? as a fish, so there's that too.

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    I am sad I missed this show but glad I did not hear this crowd request...

lol@ ya avi..is that u wit 3 beckyz gone wild?
    I feel what a lot of y'all are saying....I just think a lot of rappers (in this case Schoolboy Q) get caught up in the moment.

Artists constantly spaz out on stage and start saying crazy ? . I imagine that when your up there performing your music you start getting all emotional and zoned out in what you're trying to say that you start realizing how irrelevant in the grand scheme of things a lot of ? (in this case, race) is. Not to mention that things probably look a lot different when your looking in the crowd and your seeing people of all races and colors (PAYING CUSTOMERS AT THAT) recite the words to your song/vibing along with the music.

There's also the fact that a lot of artists actually get on stage high as a kite and/or ? as a fish, so there's that too.

still high ? it dont matter therr is no xcuse fa a blk person 2 go outta they way 2 have whitez say ? that ? is just stupid if whitez dont wanna say ? u should give them PROPZ u should not sit therr & say no itz alrite 2 say ? ,..
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Wu-Tang, Nas and Jay-z wouldnt have successful careers if it werent for white people. If youve been to one of their concerts youd know why.

You give Whites to much credit. More importantly it's apparent you weren't there when these artists were playing the Tunnel, or hole in the wall venues that were packed with black audiences.

Alot of these hambones came out of white wombs so they give white folks credit for white-Jesus and the slavemasters who made it possible for us to buy "Whips" and "Chains"....HipHop too.

HipHop survived and thrived before whites became fascinated with it, and before whites learned how to exploit it.

If whites never bought a single CD or or a single concert ticket we would still be beat-boxing, B-boying, scratching, sampling, rapping, doing graffittii, and building with one another.

If HipHop was moving Gospel numbers with the demographics flipped it wouldnt be so polluted and dilluted, bet money on that.

Hip Hop could not be where it is without white fans because of the sheer numbers of them, but w/ that said I'm not racially evolved enough to let a room full of whites say ?

I could give less than a ? about a white fan, I'm not dependent on nan Peckawood.

HipHop culture was thriving before a white fan and HipHop culture will still be here if every white fan catches skin-cancer and dies tomorrow. believe that.

Hip Hop culture is black culture we ain't gotta buy it we live it.They buy the culture.

White ppl are more die hard fans than black ppl.