Who are the Top 10 biggest artists in the game right now?

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
LIL Wayne was all over the Billboard awards a few days ago and 3 of his label mates are in the Top 55 on the Billboard charts for album sales and "C4" is double platinum....Nicki just did another 20K.

Is Wayne the biggest artist in the game right now based on his sales, popularity, and team and were do other artists like Emenim, JayZ, Kanye, and T.I, place on your list?

Discuss.

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C4 isn't even in the top 100, or 200 for that matter (correct me if I'm wrong). Don't know about his features, either way it's not HIS songs. He's prolly the biggest artist in hip hop popularity wise, but he's feeling the effects of a hip hop recession just like everyone else.

My list as of right now:

Wayne by default
    Meek (should be #1 if he had an album)
    Kanye (Don't Like remix is slappin right now)
    Chainz
    Nicki
    Ross
    Jay
    TI
    BOB
    French Montana
    Future

No one else is really on the radar right now... could all change in a month, or even weeks
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    there isn't 10 big artists.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    C4 isn't even in the top 100, or 200 for that matter (correct me if I'm wrong). Don't know about his features, either way it's not HIS songs. He's prolly the biggest artist in hip hop popularity wise, but he's feeling the effects of a hip hop recession just like everyone else.

My list as of right now:

Wayne by default
    Meek (should be #1 if he had an album)
    Kanye (Don't Like remix is slappin right now)
    Chainz
    Nicki
    Ross
    Jay
    TI
    BOB
    French Montana
    Future

No one else is really on the radar right now... could all change in a month, or even weeks

so Nas isnt even top 10?? Even though his features have been in demand as of late whether its albums or mixtapes, he was on ESPN doing the music for the draft, his behind the music on VH1, all his singles and videos which are on another level than what anyone is doing right now, and Life is good is easily the most anticapated album of the year, but Chainz, BOB, French Montana and Future are bigger than Nas?

• Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there isn't 10 big artists.
    i'm strugglin with trying to put 10 together myself...