Saigon speaks on negativity in rap music and it's effect on the Black community

Options
MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Saigon Takes Shots At Rick Ross & Big Sean - ThatHustle.com
saigon-1.jpg

Saigon is the latest rapper to take a few shots at Rick Ross regarding his lyrical content. Talking to SOHH, Sai clearly expresses his disappointment over Rozay and Big Sean’s music. Check it out below:
“Why ya’ll supportin’ a n*gga that promotes the destruction of our community? Why are you doin’ that? Why would you let this n*gga thrive and we don’t know where our next jobs are coming from? He’s rapping about selling kilos of ? and selling drugs. This is what he’s about, this whole lifestyle saying he’s so rich and he eats shrimp every night, and ya’ll support this sh*t?,” Sai told SOHH, referring to Ross. “Ya’ll broke and poor and your family’s about to get kicked out. That’s our hit son! That’s his hit. Nobody knows the words to this song, all they know is “ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass” [background noises]. We don’t care about “ass, ass, ass, ass,” but this is the society we livin’ in right now. So it’s like alright.”

Saigon Takes Shots At Rick Ross & Big Sean - ThatHustle.com

Comments

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's alot of Rick Ross stans on here......
  • MUDDYWATERZ
    MUDDYWATERZ Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    Giddy, tryna kick knowledge?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 the storm that's bout to hit.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 the storm that's bout to hit.

Co-sign beat me to it dude.

• Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is saigon?
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In before someone tries to discredit Saigon by citing the low sales of 'The Greatest Story Never Told'.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dunny: wrote: »
    Saigon bodied buddens and would destroy ross

Ross shouldn't respond or his career will get ended

Nothing but ross's health can end his career
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Rick Ross fan I see nothing wrong with what Sai sayin

b/c im a grown ass man, i can listen to 'Rich of ? ' and not actually want to go out and get rich off ? *shrug*

*Turns Rich Forever back on*
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inb4 saigon 2 fans get angry.
  • Kushington
    edited May 2012
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »

b/c im a grown ass man, i can listen to 'Rich of ? ' and not actually want to go out and get rich off ? *shrug*

Yeah but youre grown.

Im 100% sure that kids growing up nowadays are all like cheif keef and idolize ross and the other rappers like him

Watch The First 48 if you dont believe me, theres always some 16/17 year olds on that ?
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is saigon?
  • S2J
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sai my ngga but its a ignorant POV

I JUST had a discussion with bout 15 of my nggas on an email chain, discussin 2Chainz and BS rap

I hate 2 Chainz, but some of my homies, who are far from broke, listen to him daily.

Music is an escape..motivation...comedic relief (2 chainz). This is not 1990. We do not need Public Enemy to make songs to uplift us.
  • S2J
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

Yeah but youre grown.

Im 100% sure that kids growing up nowadays are all like cheif keef and idolize ross and the other rappers like him

Watch The First 48 if you dont believe me, theres always some 16/17 year olds on that ?

So do you think every artist should cater to/ have kids in mind when they make music?

Personally i think Ross is an example of an artist that has done ZERO to show he is 'for the kids'

Whereas Nicki Minaj, Big Sean, Lil Wayne etc. are the real poison b/c they specifcally cater to a young demographic. Imo Ross makes grown folk rap
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Why ya’ll supportin’ a n*gga that promotes the destruction of our community? Why are you doin’ that? Why would you let this n*gga thrive and we don’t know where our next jobs are coming from? He’s rapping about selling kilos of ? and selling drugs. This is what he’s about, this whole lifestyle saying he’s so rich and he eats shrimp every night, and ya’ll support this sh*t?

so this is what it's about????
    Saigon mad Rozay is a narcissistic, cuz he wakes up to a bowl of lobster bisc.

instead of hating on Rozay , what he should be doing is bigging up all the artists that he ? with , the ones that have the message he support .

Lupe was spitting some real ? , on his new single, but ? was crying because Butt Hurt Pete ,sampled the beat, yet he makes original music.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    9p659p

INB4 Ross stans claim that Saigon is going to apologize within 24 hours dude:
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's on twitter saying he wasn't dissing ross. must just be towards sean and other such rappers lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah but youre grown.

being a teenager I'ma have to no-sign the bolded while music has a HUGE impact on a lot of kids to say ALL of em believe nd follow thru on music being made is ridiculous u aint givin da kids in my generation enough credit as far as decision makin
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Saigon, however he also has negative themes in his music... of course his music is way more balanced than the folks he's attacking, but whatever...
  • Kushington
    Options

Yeah but youre grown.

So do you think every artist should cater to/ have kids in mind when they make music?

Personally i think Ross is an example of an artist that has done ZERO to show he is 'for the kids'

Whereas Nicki Minaj, Big Sean, Lil Wayne etc. are the real poison b/c they specifcally cater to a young demographic. Imo Ross makes grown folk rap

Nah i love ross's music and sean got some ? i ? with too

And i dont think artists owe anyone anything, its just music

Im just pointing out the fact that to an impressionable kid, music can be an influence to making bad decisions because it affirms a certain type of lifestyle
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    He is right, i mean Ross is selling glamorous lifestyles attained through poison but so are hundreds of other rappers, i think he sounds more frustrated than anything. He should offer a means to solve this not just complain about it.

Maybe he should find a medium so he can be more of a balanced artist himself. No one just wants to hear the pain, and at the same time its not good that they only hear the glory...

The shot at Big Sean was cheap though lol, obviously that song is not about the lyrics, its about Nicki Minaj shaking her ass
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I like Saigon but i must say this, NOT EVERY BLACK PERSON IS BROKE, FROM THE GHETTO, STRUGGLES,ETC. What the ? does he want, a music game of socially conscious music, the Rick Ross's are needed just as much as the Talib Kweli's are needed.

It's about balance to me, even in Reggae music which is the most socially aware music in the world, there is a counter balance of fun music about ? , drugs, money,etc.

Fun doesn't have to equal '? , drugs, and money'. And the only person the drug game is fun to are those who have never experienced it or only experienced it in a very limited amount.

And lastly if you are going to make 'fun' raps about those things, at least tell both sides of the story.

If you're going to rap about all the fast money to be made in the drug game you should also rap about all the cats who have lost their lives in that same drug game and all those doing time over drug related offenses.

If you're going to rap about all the ? you stay in, you should also rap about how African Americans lead America in STD rates and teenage pregnancy.

If you're going to rap about all the money you have, you should also rap about underfunded urban schools, lack of black businesses (in our own communities, mind you) and how 38% of welfare recipients are black despite black people only being 13% of the population.

Gave you a GOAT for that.