VIDEO: Producer Mike Dean Confirms ‘Watch The Throne 2′ In The Works

Options
MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
VIDEO: Mike Dean Confirms ‘Watch The Throne 2′ In The Works - ThatHustle.com
acpe85.jpg

Kanye West’s favorite producer and engineer Mike Dean recently sat down with Quiet Lunch for an interview. He spoke on is production work with Tupac on Scarface’s 1997 song ‘Smile’, state of Hip-Hop today, favorite people to work with, upcoming work and more.

At the 5:30 mark, Mike Dean reveals that he’s currently working on the G.O.O.D. Music album Cruel Summer and will be starting on Watch The Throne 2 shortly. Watch the chat below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wip7L_sjg&feature=player_embedded

VIDEO: Mike Dean Confirms ‘Watch The Throne 2′ In The Works - ThatHustle.com

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where I work, when we see 'shortly' in an email, its regarded as a way of saying: dont ask me again i'll get it to you when im ready.

WTT2 will be out 2014
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno... Jay/Kanye usually work quickly. When they announce something, expect it to be out in 6 months to a year.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Jay already say in an interview like a month ago he ain't making no more music for at least the rest of the year?
  • MorrisBX
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I dunno... Jay/Kanye usually work quickly. When they announce something, expect it to be out in 6 months to a year.

true, not sure if they gave the green light for this dude to go ahead and announce it though. We'll see what they have to say about it, im sure they'll comment on it
  • FromBillionsCameOne
    FromBillionsCameOne Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Good interview dude has an interesting career. The most interesting thing that he mentioned was that he got to hear the uncensored Makavelli album before they "took out all the references to Suge Knight". anybody know what he was talking about?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what ? don't know is that mike dean is a southern pioneer....

he's the ? that sequenced all the live music and sounds u hear in UGK's music and alot of music from the south/H-Town....

Kanye peeped the genius in him and scooped him up.....
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As great as it may sound I don't want to hear another WTT

One's enough
  • MorrisBX
    Options
    id like to hear this, but im sure it wont be as good as the first...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Jay already say in an interview like a month ago he ain't making no more music for at least the rest of the year?
    "releasing" so I imagine he'll finish his solo up and then maybe they'll start on this. depends on if kanye wants to do his solo, wtt2, or both at the same time.