H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    In b4 the storm that's bout to hit.

Co-sign beat me to it dude.

lol are u assuming that im white?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I like Saigon but i must say this, NOT EVERY BLACK PERSON IS BROKE, FROM THE GHETTO, STRUGGLES,ETC. What the ? does he want, a music game of socially conscious music, the Rick Ross's are needed just as much as the Talib Kweli's are needed.

It's about balance to me, even in Reggae music which is the most socially aware music in the world, there is a counter balance of fun music about ? , drugs, money,etc.

Fun doesn't have to equal '? , drugs, and money'. And the only person the drug game is fun to are those who have never experienced it or only experienced it in a very limited amount.

And lastly if you are going to make 'fun' raps about those things, at least tell both sides of the story.

If you're going to rap about all the fast money to be made in the drug game you should also rap about all the cats who have lost their lives in that same drug game and all those doing time over drug related offenses.

If you're going to rap about all the ? you stay in, you should also rap about how African Americans lead America in STD rates and teenage pregnancy.

If you're going to rap about all the money you have, you should also rap about underfunded urban schools, lack of black businesses (in our own communities, mind you) and how 38% of welfare recipients are black despite black people only being 13% of the population.

You know what i meant by fun, anything counterbalancing this opinion that rap is only suppose to be on some struggle and ? whitey ? . There is room for every opinion and pov imo, the same neigborhoods that bred MLK/Malcom X bred Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes.

As far as making both sides, i agree there should be a 360 view of the drug game, not just the glorification of it. There should aslo be talk about how it tears apart families, paranoia,etc.

Then again, all Too Short talk about is ? , when has he ever talked about stds and he is still viewed as a legend. Also how many of these socially conscious rappers rap about what they live, ain't Mos Def ? and marrying strippers and have a ton a baby mommas while he preach that ''powerful black woman'' rhetoric. lmfao

Then again, why the ? should they rap about ? , maybe people need to take from Rick Ross story is ''ambition". Rick Ross is from one of the poorest neighborhoods in the country and didn't use his environment as an excuse.

Maybe people should look at the ambition of the ? who are successful, instead of being pandered to by the so call conscious ? who don't live in these poor neighborhoods.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehhh there's room in hip hop for what Saigon, Ross and Big Sean do and are about..not mad at what he said but he just kinda comes off as bitter imo..
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did saigon album ever drop
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    did saigon album ever drop

yeah, and fell right into the 99 cent bin.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel sai but people like music that they can try and emulate or relate too. A lot of people who fucc with Ross thinks there dope boys for the most part. He gives them hope to ball hard and push for more in that aspect( nothing wrong with that of that's your thing)
    Its like niccas who idolized Jordan growing up. We watched him do ? on the court and we tried that ? at practice or in the game.
    The problem I have is why is sai always having issues. Like find your space go hard and maybe u can have that same success.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Saigon but i must say this, NOT EVERY BLACK PERSON IS BROKE, FROM THE GHETTO, STRUGGLES,ETC. What the ? does he want, a music game of socially conscious music, the Rick Ross's are needed just as much as the Talib Kweli's are needed.

It's about balance to me, even in Reggae music which is the most socially aware music in the world, there is a counter balance of fun music about ? , drugs, money,etc.

Fun doesn't have to equal '? , drugs, and money'. And the only person the drug game is fun to are those who have never experienced it or only experienced it in a very limited amount.

And lastly if you are going to make 'fun' raps about those things, at least tell both sides of the story.

If you're going to rap about all the fast money to be made in the drug game you should also rap about all the cats who have lost their lives in that same drug game and all those doing time over drug related offenses.

If you're going to rap about all the ? you stay in, you should also rap about how African Americans lead America in STD rates and teenage pregnancy.

If you're going to rap about all the money you have, you should also rap about underfunded urban schools, lack of black businesses (in our own communities, mind you) and how 38% of welfare recipients are black despite black people only being 13% of the population.

You know what i meant by fun, anything counterbalancing this opinion that rap is only suppose to be on some struggle and ? whitey ? . There is room for every opinion and pov imo, the same neigborhoods that bred MLK/Malcom X bred Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes.

As far as making both sides, i agree there should be a 360 view of the drug game, not just the glorification of it. There should aslo be talk about how it tears apart families, paranoia,etc.

Then again, all Too Short talk about is ? , when has he ever talked about stds and he is still viewed as a legend. Also how many of these socially conscious rappers rap about what they live, ain't Mos Def ? and marrying strippers and have a ton a baby mommas while he preach that ''powerful black woman'' rhetoric. lmfao

Then again, why the ? should they rap about ? , maybe people need to take from Rick Ross story is ''ambition". Rick Ross is from one of the poorest neighborhoods in the country and didn't use his environment as an excuse.

Maybe people should look at the ambition of the ? who are successful, instead of being pandered to by the so call conscious ? who don't live in these poor neighborhoods.

The bold type is the only credible statement in your post. Everything else you typed is an attempt at deflection and justification.

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    smh@ sai y is he actin like ross is da 1st rapper 2 do this? like therr was 100 NY rapperz rappin that ? b4 ross werd 2 J & BIG
    He's on twitter saying he wasn't dissing ross. must just be towards sean and other such rappers lol

post that tweet...
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    smh@ sai y is he actin like ross is da 1st rapper 2 do this? like therr was 100 NY rapperz rappin that ? b4 ross werd 2 J & BIG
    He's on twitter saying he wasn't dissing ross. must just be towards sean and other such rappers lol

post that tweet...

9p659p

scaled.php?server=88&filename=ssswy.jpg&res=landing

SAIGON:

Haha never a dull moment with these Hip Hop sites. The ? ? do for a headline. Ross is my ? and I never singled him out abt the ? up state of Hip Hop... 99% of the artist make that ? so it wouldnt make sense to single out Rick Ross.....

@rickyrozay I thought ? was done using me to look like the the Disgruntled Postal Worker of rap.... Salute ya grind all day.

Regardless to what, Rozay is making some of the best music in Hip Hop and he came in with Hustling, would be stupid for me to speak on that

I'm an outspoken person, ALways gonna speak my mind but @rickyrozay is my ? . Would be stupid for me to take a shot a ? I rocks with..

Im used to this ? so it doesnt bother me anymore. i dont even pay attn to what other ? doing anymore.. I stay in my lane..

I just hate the negative energy. I dont care abt what the next man is doing. Im on the other side of the world right now doing what I do

Ross is one of the few ? who ever extended his hand to me before. Mad love for @rickyrozay so with that said. Its a dead issue. MRA

As I said the last time I seen @rickyrozay He said "if U need anything, just holla" I never did but he extended that to me. Thats Love

Its not a secret I dont agree in the direction Hip Hop has taken but I wouldnt single out one person.. Think ya'll... Think

I gotta be on stage in 30 minutes... Gotta jet but Ill holla..... shoutout to the homie Ross hahaha real ? see through the ?

That was pretty fast.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped reading after I seen sohh
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a ? don't owe nobody no counterbalance no more
    don't nobody say ? about saigon NOT makin songs about how rich he is
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I stopped reading after I seen sohh
    Word, i was like wut?
  • MUDDYWATERZ
    MUDDYWATERZ Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    @SuperstarCole Classic mixtapes, but da album was trashhh
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i guess alot of rappers rhyme about shrimp.....smh.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    @SuperstarCole Classic mixtapes, but da album was trashhh

0-10Troll.png
  • GeE-757
    Options
    SAIGON:

Haha never a dull moment with these Hip Hop sites. The ? ? do for a headline. Ross is my ? and I never singled him out abt the ? up state of Hip Hop... 99% of the artist make that ? so it wouldnt make sense to single out Rick Ross.....

@rickyrozay I thought ? was done using me to look like the the Disgruntled Postal Worker of rap.... Salute ya grind all day.

Regardless to what, Rozay is making some of the best music in Hip Hop and he came in with Hustling, would be stupid for me to speak on that

I'm an outspoken person, ALways gonna speak my mind but @rickyrozay is my ? . Would be stupid for me to take a shot a ? I rocks with..

Im used to this ? so it doesnt bother me anymore. i dont even pay attn to what other ? doing anymore.. I stay in my lane..

I just hate the negative energy. I dont care abt what the next man is doing. Im on the other side of the world right now doing what I do

Ross is one of the few ? who ever extended his hand to me before. Mad love for @rickyrozay so with that said. Its a dead issue. MRA

As I said the last time I seen @rickyrozay He said "if U need anything, just holla" I never did but he extended that to me. Thats Love

Its not a secret I dont agree in the direction Hip Hop has taken but I wouldnt single out one person.. Think ya'll... Think

I gotta be on stage in 30 minutes... Gotta jet but Ill holla..... shoutout to the homie Ross hahaha real ? see through the ?

That was pretty fast.

yeah that was fast lol@ sai backtrakin...plus i was about 2 say he is delusional cuz NY rapperz rap like that ALL DA TIME..
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    How is he backtrackin someone assumed he was talking about ross
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i think the assumed part is out the window .. when he said rapping about eating shrimp. (tho im sure ross aint the only one)
  • GeE-757
    edited May 2012
    Options

did u read wat he said n da interview? he was takin shotz @ ross but now sai is back trakin but wat eva im glad sai correct;d himself...cuz he cant sit therr & act like RICK ROSS is da only rapper that rapz like that when 90% of da rap game is rappin that ? ..
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Waking up in the morning to shrimp =/= going to bed with shrimp
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    SAIGON:

That was pretty fast.

yeah that was fast lol@ sai backtrakin...plus i was about 2 say he is delusional cuz NY rapperz rap like that ALL DA TIME..

Yeah he just Tweeted out some Pics they took and now he clowning the white ? from Ozone magazine for how she be twisting words to sell magazines and get attention: @TheRealSaigon

Ross aint even the best seafood rapper, Ghostface & Young Dro both got better Seafood Rhymes:

Cheese crackers, in the back there's sauteed shrimp
    (Nah, I never free lunch I'll be as big as a blimp

Ghostface Killah "Paragraphs of Love

"I eat so many Shrimp I got iodine poisoning"

? C "Big Pimpin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niTSAD8tXI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrnfXsOFTIQ

But JayZ is still the GOAT "Lobster & Shrimp"

• CJVisuals
    CJVisuals Members Posts: 350
    Options
    I forgot what I was gonna come in here to say -- all I know is I got a craving for shrimp right now.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    Options
    good for Sai for speaking his mind. i don't think he backtracking , he just wants the focus to stay on his message. Im looking forward to GFID, and still innerstand the bigger picture of his words.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    Yeah he just Tweeted out some Pics they took and now he clowning the white ? from Ozone magazine for how she be twisting words to sell magazines and get attention: @TheRealSaigon

Ross aint even the best seafood rapper, Ghostface & Young Dro both got better Seafood Rhymes:

Cheese crackers, in the back there's sauteed shrimp
    (Nah, I never free lunch I'll be as big as a blimp

Ghostface Killah "Paragraphs of Love

"I eat so many Shrimp I got iodine poisoning"

? C "Big Pimpin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1niTSAD8tXI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrnfXsOFTIQ

But JayZ is still the GOAT "Lobster & Shrimp"

lol