8. Last Words
9. Family
10. Come Get Me
11. Find Your Wealth
12. U Gotta Love It
13. Wanna Play Rough
14. The Rise And Fall
15. My Worst Enemy

I came across this lookin for some of his unreleased tracks. If Nas actually released this as an album what would it have done for his legacy and his catalogue? I mean most of these ended up on Lost Tapes and Nastradamus anyways but still

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He would have had 3 classics in a row
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe more since he wouldnt have had Nastradamus tarnishing his catalogue
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    thats not a real tracklist, a real tracklist never materialized because it leaked before it could.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this thread gets made now about every 5 months ..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He would have had 3 classics in a row

It's crazy to think of his career might have ended up a bit differently if he would've dropped this and if it would've been considered a classic. would takeover still have been as effective if Nas didn't have any weak albums? Would he have not made or cut out the ? on Street's Disciple to make it a single disc? He might've had an impeccable discography that was near-flawless.

of course none of that changes the fact that he's still top 5. so its whatever at the end of the day
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    no doubt hes still one of the greatest and i am was still a dope album with the exception of dr. knockboot i hate that ? . but i never thought about the impact it wouldve had on takeover thats a good point. he really needa drop lost tapes 2 ? def jam for not pushin that ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

It's crazy to think of his career might have ended up a bit differently if he would've dropped this and if it would've been considered a classic. would takeover still have been as effective if Nas didn't have any weak albums? Would he have not made or cut out the ? on Street's Disciple to make it a single disc? He might've had an impeccable discography that was near-flawless.

of course none of that changes the fact that he's still top 5. so its whatever at the end of the day
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    no doubt hes still one of the greatest and i am was still a dope album with the exception of dr. knockboot i hate that ? . but i never thought about the impact it wouldve had on takeover thats a good point. he really needa drop lost tapes 2 ? def jam for not pushin that ?

more than likely Takeover would been awhole lot different, since fans would prob have not felt Nas feel off...lyrics wouldve been switched
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could've been a classic album, but now its just a list of classic of songs.
  • deakino
    deakino Members Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bootleg game killed Nasir on this one.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's what I wrote for the last I Am double album topic... And I'm still right LoL...

If the original I am... Nastradamus double album dropped, Nas wouldn't have a weak album...

Illmatic
    It Was Written
    I am... Nastradamus
    Stillmatic
    ? Son

-No Lost Tapes (because of no bootleg...)

Street's Disciple would've been one disk... It was only two because Nas wanted to drop a double album- had "I am" been a double album, he wouldn't have done it again IMO...

Hip Hop is Dead
    Untitled

GOAT Rap Catalog ever.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

Had he not been bootlegged, we don't know what Nas' follow ups would have sounded like... I'm almost positive the beef with Jay would not have happened, and Nas probably would have never felt a need to name his fourth album Stillmatic and come as hard as he did on that album... What we're talking about is completely altering history here...
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    i think he still shoulda dropped it. wasnt really no internet back then. who outta nyc woulda really been able to get it??
  • HassanCHOP
    HassanCHOP Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »

and I bet you posted in them threads that get made every 5 months you lame ass ?
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    deakino wrote: »

not the first time. I read that Illmatic was so short because of all the bootlegs of it, so Sony released it sooner.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited May 2012
    Options

not the first time. I read that Illmatic was so short because of all the bootlegs of it, so Sony released it sooner.

It’s Short Because It Was Rushed

One of the most distinct features about Illmatic is its length. At a mere 39 minutes and nine songs, it’s the type of album that proves that sometimes less is more. However, the tracklisting was more a result of rush than design.

In the years leading up to the album’s release, the streets were so thirsty for Nas material that enterprising DJs started putting album cuts on street mixtapes and playing the songs on college radio.

In fact, MC Serch once claimed they found a garage filled with 60,000 bootleg Illmatic albums before the album’s release. That’s why Columbia rushed the Illmatic's release in ’94 and dropped their original plan of making it a larger, longer project.
  • DarthRozay
    Options

One of the most distinct features about Illmatic is its length. At a mere 39 minutes and nine songs, it’s the type of album that proves that sometimes less is more. However, the tracklisting was more a result of rush than design.

In the years leading up to the album’s release, the streets were so thirsty for Nas material that enterprising DJs started putting album cuts on street mixtapes and playing the songs on college radio.

In fact, MC Serch once claimed they found a garage filled with 60,000 bootleg Illmatic albums before the album’s release. That’s why Columbia rushed the Illmatic's release in ’94 and dropped their original plan of making it a larger, longer project.

Yeah thats what I read. from complex or something similar right?
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options

Yeah thats what I read. from complex or something similar right?

Yea complex
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    on a side note....anybody got a good quality of sometimes i wonder???
  • jose324
    jose324 Members Posts: 65
    Options
    Were can I get all the unreleased songs?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HassanCHOP wrote: »
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »

and I bet you posted in them threads that get made every 5 months you lame ass ?

i made one of the first one's you ? ass ? .... now go sit yo little stupid ass down somewhere
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That woulda been the greatest double disc of all time.

But I'm glad things happened the way they did. We still got all the songs so it's whatever. Nas says he's still at the beginning of his career.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jose324 wrote: »
    Were can I get all the unreleased songs?

I'm gonna make a thread with A LOT of non-album Nas songs soon. I got you.
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    Good lookin out bruh. I got a lot of the tracks but not in CDQ.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Off-topic:

What kinda software did you use to make that in your sig. I've been wanting to make a sig like that for a while too.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goat double album
  • Agrv2385
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »

Off-topic:

What kinda software did you use to make that in your sig. I've been wanting to make a sig like that for a while too.

i used ms paint and some free time bro LOL