Legit Reason's to why Eminem is not top 10 Material.........

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    MMLP and TES were both highly succesfull and critically acclaimed the years they came out but IDK if I could still place Em in the top ten even though hes one of my favorite MC's.... I cant put him over Ice Cube, Scarface, Nas, Rakim, Krs-one, BIG, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, AZ, 2Pac etc...

Yes he has top ten lyrical talent and some songs that are top ten worthy I just cant place him over the ones I mentioned to do so would only be cause on some fan ? and not objective.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I'll say this in terms of influence...you look at the game right now theres more people that seem to be influneced by Eminem getting attentinon (Odd Future, Hopsin, ? load of White Mc's getting deals) than someone like Nas (for now) so that kills that whole influnece arguement.

In terms of lyrical skill he's top ten worthy. In term catalouge hes not even close.

come on now nujerz odd future influence is gangsta nip and the horrorcore dudes not Em and hopsin is a nobody
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I'll say this in terms of influence...you look at the game right now theres more people that seem to be influneced by Eminem getting attentinon (Odd Future, Hopsin, ? load of White Mc's getting deals) than someone like Nas (for now) so that kills that whole influnece arguement.

In terms of lyrical skill he's top ten worthy. In term catalouge hes not even close.

come on now nujerz odd future influence is gangsta nip and the horrorcore dudes not Em and hopsin is a nobody

Considring I heard Odd Future diss horrorcore and suck Em ? in interviews I take there word for it...Em wasnt the first on that shock ? but he was perhaps the most commericall successful at it. and Em is defintly considred horrorcore by some as he came from Detroit one of the places were that ? was rampant. No one in the media is comparing Odd Future to Gangsta Nip...as for Hopsin dude was on the XXL Mag Freshman cover after building his online fan base biting Em old style...

Not even touching all the wack white rappers that been coming out getting signed which wouldnt have happend had Em never did what he did in his career (MGK, Mackelmore, Yelawolf, Mack Miller, Asher Roth) etc
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    where's his classic?
    or, where's his 5 mic album? lol even Kim got a 5 mic album, and the ? word "Lauryn Hill", she got a 5 mic album? the only thing Eminem recorded that's worth talking about is MMLP, other than that, he should never be mentioned in a top 10 debate.

ok let me pick apart this statement...you ask where's his classic, where's his 5 mics? so and you can correct me on this..the only magazine i knew of that gave out "5 mics" was "the source", and XXL (i think)...well we know the source creditiability went out the window decades ago, and some would say XXL played favorites as well...so you want someone to use this grading system from a magazine or magazines who werent given out fare judgement on an artist and album???.....

and the slim shady lp was a classic...if u cant related, or just a troll then whats the point of you coming in here....like i said before...

most katz on the net dont relate to 90% of the rappers u listen to..u dont sell drugs, u dont ride on 24s, and i seriously doubt you're gangsta....so stop it.

complex magazine look back on the slim shady lp...calling it a rap masterpiece.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/complex-classics-a-look-back-at-eminems-the-slim-shady-lp/page/2
    SSLP was him ? about his baby mama drama, him abusing drugs, his mommy issues, his kid and him getting his ass whoop by dangelo baily,,,,
    he has no classics...he had lyrics for about 3 or 4 yrs but the pop artists he despised, he turned into
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Dude is a well known hater @ghost! Pay him no mind
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Considring I heard Odd Future diss horrorcore and suck Em ? in interviews I take there word for it...Em wasnt the first on that shock ? but he was perhaps the most commericall successful at it. and Em is defintly considred horrorcore by some as he came from Detroit one of the places were that ? was rampant.

Know i have no clue what they have said in interviews so i'll give you that. From teh music i have heard from them sounds much much more like some gangsta nip ? than what Em was doing. To me Em's biggest influence is bringing in a large number of non hip hop fans into the genre as fans of his.
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    HLF wrote: »
    $? wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible

Explain.........

his flow is un-versatile and he just can't connect with a wide demographic

shock post. he can flow on any beat and how cant the highest selling rapper of all time not connect with a wide demographic?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Its amazing how a ? did everything plus way more than Jay Z has done and yall still find a way to deny Em's impact. I thought Jay Z said numbers dont lie. Who the ? else can move 6 million units in this decade. Jay Z and Kanye cant. Beyonce cant. Rihanna cant. J Cole cant. Jay Electronica are you ? kidding me. When its all said and done Eminem will be #1.

yea JAY-Z said that because jay-z is rapper that makes money off that ? . Fans don't say that and Jay has nothing to do with it. I really think em is a victim of his early success, he came out so hard and then turned into a commercial gimmick. Recovery was nice, but he fell out the top ten due to lack of longevity.... Plus you can't deny the fact the white people view this ? as a ? makes us hate him more no different than wayne. I wouldn't hate wayne or em if they weren't so overhyped by lame ? who have no ear for quality hip-hop... and SSLP is a classic, ? what you heard...
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off let me share my current top 20:

1.) Nassir
    2.) Tupac
    3.) Rakim
    4.) Ice Cube
    5.) Andre 3000
    6.) Scarface
    7.) Big Daddy Kane
    8.) LL Cool J
    9.) JayZ
    10.) Black Thought
    11.) Ghostface Killah
    12.) KRS-One
    15.) Big Pun
    16.) Notorious B.I.G
    17.) Common
    18.) Slick Rick
    19.) Snoop Dogg
    20.) Kool G Rap

I guess if you are from a foreign culture or community instead of the culture and community that HipHop was born out of you might actually have Emenim in your Top 10, I was born and baptized in the culture and I doubt if he's even in my Top 200.

Rappers like Q-Tip, Mos Def, Chuck D, & Gza get lost in the shuffle a lot of times by people who seem to only listen to the artists associated with Shady records.

People forget about M.C Lyte, Lauryn Hill & Queen Latifah but I have them ranked over Emenim.

Jadakiss, Fabolous, Raekwon, T.I., Kurrupt, Big Boi: people tend to forget them also.

And how could we forget about Melle Mell?

I think people are just joking-around and being sarcastic, you wouldn't seriously have Emenim on a Top 10 list would you?

• w0rd up s0n
    w0rd up s0n Members Posts: 27
    Options
    Alot of people here saying eminem had no classics??? The eminem show isn't considered one? Also slim shady lp and Marshall mathers are borderline Classics as well...encore was a major disappointment IMO..recovery I wasn't feeling it..relapse was ok
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

1.) Nassir
    2.) Tupac
    3.) Rakim
    4.) Ice Cube
    5.) Andre 3000
    6.) Scarface
    7.) Big Daddy Kane
    8.) LL Cool J
    9.) JayZ
    10.) Black Thought
    11.) Ghostface Killah
    12.) KRS-One
    15.) Big Pun
    16.) Notorious B.I.G
    17.) Common
    18.) Slick Rick
    19.) Snoop Dogg
    20.) Kool G Rap

I guess if you are from a foreign culture or community instead of the culture and community that HipHop was born out of you might actually have Emenim in your Top 10, I was born and baptized in the culture and I doubt if he's even in my Top 200.

Rappers like Q-Tip, Mos Def, Chuck D, & Gza get lost in the shuffle a lot of times by people who seem to only listen to the artists associated with Shady records.

People forget about M.C Lyte, Lauryn Hill & Queen Latifah but I have them ranked over Emenim.

Jadakiss, Fabolous, Raekwon, T.I., Kurrupt, Big Boi: people tend to forget them also.

I think people are just joking-around and being sarcastic, you wouldn't seriously have Emenim on a Top 10 list would you?

first and foremost, i was born in that same culture, and so was his peers and they have him in their top 10...u spit a post that is base off YOUR OPINION. Nothing that is universal a fact but an opinion you share with the trolls like yourself on this matter.

never will you ever comment on the fact that katz like krs one, rakim have co-sign him, jay z, nas, black though, cosign him, and multiple emcees on your list have worked with him...so the fact these people you consider for your list....you're saying you like them, you like their judgement and taste in their music and how they respect themselves with this culture, cuz after all it's your list..and given that you like their music...they in turn have said to like the music of the same white boy you contantly down play...so

that says alot about your opinion being just that your opinion, and really doesnt matter overall cuz your just stuck to a hip hop form, you're not a journalist, or well known by anyone

and alot of times your post are filled with bias opinions...so take your post and that of your counterpart trolls with a grain of salt.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    A grain a salt? Lol I literally laugh at his post about Em. Pure comedy
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1.) Nassir
    2.) Tupac
    3.) Rakim
    4.) Ice Cube
    5.) Andre 3000
    6.) Scarface
    7.) Big Daddy Kane
    8.) LL Cool J
    9.) JayZ
    10.) Black Thought
    11.) Ghostface Killah
    12.) KRS-One
    15.) Big Pun
    16.) Notorious B.I.G
    17.) Common
    18.) Slick Rick
    19.) Snoop Dogg
    20.) Kool G Rap

first and foremost, i was born in that same culture, and so was his peers and they have him in their top 10...u spit a post that is base off YOUR OPINION. Nothing that is universal a fact but an opinion you share with the trolls like yourself on this matter.

never will you ever comment on the fact that katz like krs one, rakim have co-sign him, jay z, nas, black though, cosign him, and multiple emcees on your list have worked with him...so the fact these people you consider for your list....you're saying you like them, you like their judgement and taste in their music and how they respect themselves with this culture, cuz after all it's your list..and given that you like their music...they in turn have said to like the music of the same white boy you contantly down play...so

that says alot about your opinion being just that your opinion, and really doesnt matter overall cuz your just stuck to a hip hop form, you're not a journalist, or well known by anyone

and alot of times your post are filled with bias opinions...so take your post and that of your counterpart trolls with a grain of salt.

The thread asks to list legit reasons. Are you saying H-Rap hasn't given valid reasons? If, you are, I think you are being dishonest.

Other artists co-signing Em means squat. They are giving their opinions just like the rest of us.Their opinions aren't greater then the next persons.

With that said, I agree with H-Rap. Calling what you like. Trolling, biased, hating etc. But it's quite easy to exclude Em from any top 10 Hip Hop list that doesn't pertain to an artists popularity or record sales.

Black Thought, Pharaoh Monch, G-Rap, Big Pun, Royce, Elzhi do\did what Em does lyrically and in my opinion do it better. So, keeping Em off of a top 10 Hip Hop list isn't blasphemy, or some cardinal sin. The same way some say people don't like Em cause, he's white. The same holds true for those that push him to heights he doesn't deserve. He's there because, some will say well that White boy can spit.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Every Race places there own on higher pedestals...thats no surprise and media especially does as well when ? is not the norm
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did this ? say mmlp is a ? classic? Do you honestly sit down at home and listen to kim? If so, you're one weird ? ? .
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Did this ? say mmlp is a ? classic? Do you honestly sit down at home and listen to kim? If so, you're one weird ? ? .

Lyrically it was on point and it tells a story done in one take...musically or lyrically there nothing wrong with track..
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every Race places there own on higher pedestals...thats no surprise and media especially does as well when ? is not the norm

Are you saying Em is the beneficiary of a Biased White Media? Thus him being placed above Black\Latino artists?

• nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Are you saying Em is the beneficiary of a Biased White Media? Thus him being placed above Black\Latino artists?

In instances yes but my point is media also overrrated people of all races that are not the norm...more so in sports than music but black media also overrates there own artist as well. All races do.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2012
    Options

1.) Nassir
    2.) Tupac
    3.) Rakim
    4.) Ice Cube
    5.) Andre 3000
    6.) Scarface
    7.) Big Daddy Kane
    8.) LL Cool J
    9.) JayZ
    10.) Black Thought
    11.) Ghostface Killah
    12.) KRS-One
    15.) Big Pun
    16.) Notorious B.I.G
    17.) Common
    18.) Slick Rick
    19.) Snoop Dogg
    20.) Kool G Rap

A lot of emotions and feelings over my "OPINION" <-- in all-caps of course.

Forgive me if I'm as unfamiliar with your posts as you are familiar with mine, many posters don't stand out or inspire me to follow their posts even the overly sensitive "trolls" such as your self who are non-journalists and virtually unknown entities.

Some of these posters remind you how brilliant it was for Emenim to create the song "Stan" about his male admirers.

If I was a rapper and my livelihood was based on fickle consumers I would co-sign Emenim on cue and beam with pride while my co-signs were regurgitated verbatim by his legion of Stans on rap forums....good promo.

The video were Rakim so-called co-signed Emenim has been posted at least 999 times on this forum and been used excessively by his groupies to supposedly indicate his peer respect.

....however if I'm Rakim, Ice Cube, Nas, KRS, Common, Black Thought etc Im not going to do a song with him not when we can have:

Rakim, Nas, Kanye West, & KRS-One collab on a track like "Classic"

Nas & Common on "Ghetto Dreams"

Ice Cube & Chuck D on "Burn Hollywood Burn"

People tend to underate Pharoah Monch and Beanie Sigel in favor of the gimmicky POP-rappers but people with high
    HipHop IQ's recognize the non-commercial emcee's who get overlooked by onlookers on the outside looking in.

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CainMarko wrote: »
    illmatic
    Ready to Die
    Reasonable Doubt
    Amerikkas Most Wanted
    Doe or Die
    Paid in Full
    Whut the Album
    Long Live The Kane
    Me Against The World
    Criminal Minded

All classics that cant be argued about

add Get Rich or Die trying and Its Dark and hell is hot
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao em stans ? me. they could argue all day and night about how he's "real", "relates to people" and "sings melodic hooks". If em was really such a top 10 rapper how did he get killed by royce on every track from bad meets evil?
  • H-Rap 180
    Options

In instances yes but my point is media also overrrated people of all races that are not the norm...more so in sports than music but black media also overrates there own artist as well. All races do.

^^^^WTF? Black media? You mean that raggedy network B.E.T owned by the white media company Viacom?

...or the Vibe magazine owned by a white company called Intermedia who called Emenim the best rapper alive on their cover?

The white-owned magazine Rolling Stone put out a magazine calling Emenim the "King of HipHop".

White media bias is a reality, your NY Post is calling JayZ's basketball team the NY-ni99ers and blaming his behavior on HipHop so let's not even feign ignorance as if so-called Black media has the reach, or power of influence to overate any entertainer or athlete.....? all we can do is try to balance the bias.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lmao em stans ? me. they could argue all day and night about how he's "real", "relates to people" and "sings melodic hooks". If em was really such a top 10 rapper how did he get killed by royce on every track from bad meets evil?

LOL @ U quoting Shadyteam...Royce is far from wack. and it again its opinion..same could be said how Jay-z get killed by Kanye West on Watch the Throne.which to me is a worse getting out rapped by a dude who has ghostwriters than being outrhymed by Royce..
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

A lot of emotions and feelings over my "OPINION" <
    in all-caps of course.

Forgive me if I'm as unfamiliar with your posts as you are familiar with mine, many posters don't stand out or inspire me to follow their posts even the overly sensitive "trolls" such as your self who are non-journalists and virtually unknown entities.

my "emotions" goes no further then replying to a posters post, I'm pretty sure I not upset in anyway. and how often does the term "emotions" gets used just because someone objects to ones post...really please be original if you wanna come off like you have any intelligence to speak or post or debate with another poster. and it really doesnt matter if you know me, or dont know me or be familiar with whatever. that's besides the point..and it's not hard to read the pattern of a troll. You can see that on any form on the internet...and it's definiately not hard to know a poster when they post as much as you do....really not hard..i see you can not survive without posting on a message boards...and trying to be known on a message board is not my claim.i see you want to wear it with a badge of honor...

Some of these posters remind you how brilliant it was for Emenim to create the song "Stan" about his male admirers.

If I was a rapper and my livelihood was based on fickle consumers I would co-sign Emenim on cue and beam with pride while my co-sign were regurgitated verbatim by his legion of Stans on rap forums....good promo.

The video were Rakim so-called co-signed Emenim has been posted at least 999 times on this forum and been used excessively by his groupies to supposedly indicate his peer respect.

^^ this ironic...because on the opposite side of it, we have his so-called non fans of his, post at least 999 times, his "racists" song, the mutiple benzino videos...you very much fit that bill....excessively to suposedly indicate some type of valid point.

....however if I'm Rakim, Ice Cube, Nas, KRS, Common, Black Thought etc Im not going to do a song with him not when we can have:

Rakim, Nas, Kanye West, & KRS-One collab on a track like "Classic"

Nas & Common on "Ghetto Dreams"

Ice Cube & Chuck D on "Burn Hollywood Burn"

ha ha in that rakim, nas, kanye west and & krs-one..who doesnt belong in that group, and "classic" was about friggin sneakers, nothing memorible but something to PROMOTE AND COMMERICALIZE the genre of music and a sneaker....

yeah thats real unforgettable...(sacrasm)

yeah ice cube, who i do like and respect as an artist and loved him during that era...he does a joint called burn hollywood burn..and now he is apart of the same vehicle he was so-call protesting back then....nothing against him at all...just point out how contradicting that is...

ha ha

at naming calling of a artist, and dissing his fan bases counts as "legit" reasons! ha ha

ha ha but please..continue...power to the ppl ha ha
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options

^^^^WTF? Black media? You mean that raggedy network B.E.T owned by the white media company Viacom?

...or the Vibe magazine owned by a white company called Intermedia who called Emenim the best rapper alive on their cover?

The white-owned magazine Rolling Stone put out a magazine calling Emenim the "King of HipHop".

White media bias is a reality, your NY Post is calling JayZ's basketball team the NY-ni99ers and blaming his behavior on HipHop so let's not even feign ignorance as if so-called Black media has the reach, or power of influence to overate any entertainer or athlete.....? all we can do is try to balance the bias.

I should been more specific black people.. there is no major black media out to do such things...which goes to my main point people of all races view there own in higher regard compared to other races be it music, sports entertainment for various reasons it is what it is.

U had brothers across the country riding for Magic and the Lakers while White Folks Riding for BIrd and his Celtics... Same Reason U have all this phillipino heads riding so hard for Pac-man or latinos rididng heavy for there boxers etc. ITs the same in music.