Legit Reason's to why Eminem is not top 10 Material.........

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because if he was black he would be at hospin level.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also on the "I don't date black chicks" tapes issue. Em knows he ? up, he knows that trying to hide it only made it worst. So he came out, apologized and that's that. So though I was disappointed in him it is what it is. That incident alone will always be stain on his legacy that he can't clean off in the black community. But when discussing his music, You can't really front, he has had some really good to great rhymes and some great songs in his catalog. It's just that his only CLASSIC MMLP though dope, it's not better than some of the other iconic rap albums. The Impact was there, the quality not quite though still good.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why are u 2 still typing in this thread? We all know u think he's a white racist ? that's not even in the top 200 lol

To provide balance to you and your ilks stanning and dismisal of logical legit reasons why Kats do not feel Eminem is worthy of consideration in the top echelon of HipHop...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Aint nobody stanning. I clearly gave respect to those who gave legit reasons to why he's not top 10 and gave my arguments to those who's opinions I felt like were wrong. Its obvious you and your friend are haters because your reasoning is ? and this whole subject bothers u so much you went as far as giving the most reactions in this whole thread lol. Am I right?

This topic wouldn't have survived 12 pages without balance. Good try tho
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    The most disgusting thing that culture-vulture did was jump on a posthumous "Dead Wrong" so that his sick Stans could say that he ? on Biggie just like they say he ? on our JayZ.

Look, I did a thread about the whole "I would of sold half" debate, So I get it, he probably wouldn't of sold that either but I was only accenting the point that sadly his sales will be taking into account about his legacy and people will propel him rightly or not probably to the Top 10. He did outshine Jay on Renegades, it is what it is. He did not outshine Biggie on "Dead Wrong", if anything he honored him by dropping a quality verse which a lot of Biggie peers did not on "Born Again" and "Duets". Em is not a wack emcee, that would be Vanilla Ice. Em came up in the underground battling for a spot. That's Hip Hop. Sure White America has overdid it with him and the hype but the fact is he did drop some good music in his career and it connected with people. So though there are things about Em I do not like, I can acknowledge the impact he had on the game.

I wasn't impressed with that cannibalism and ? verse, Biggie was ? and perverse but even he had a limit when it came to devouring human-flesh or having intercourse with animals. A disgusting way to honor a deseacesd legend....but very telling that Emenim picked the filthiest song in Biggies catalog to rap on.

It's sad that a rapper like Ludacris is virtually non-existent on these Top 40 lists when he has more hit songs than any rapper this decade. Luda has solid albums, club bangers, substance joints and trunk-rattlers. Amazingly Luda has never used a token or a pop-tart on his albums and he's still managed to drop 7 Gold or Platinum albums with another one on the way.

We ignore to many quality artists in an effort to deify Emenim.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    moedays wrote: »
    I'd put Em in the top 10. He gave you "Stan" and now if you like a certain rapper, you're a stan.

Soulja boy gave us the superman dance tho. Def top 10 right thar
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    moedays wrote: »
    I'd put Em in the top 10. He gave you "Stan" and now if you like a certain rapper, you're a stan.

Soulja boy gave us the superman dance tho. Def top 10 right thar

And he taught us if your report card has all f's on it to tell the teacher to throw some d's on that ?
  • Mr. Caesar
    Mr. Caesar Members Posts: 80
    edited June 2012
    Options
    For me, the top 10 Kool Moe Dee listed in his 2003 book There's a ? on the Mic, of the 50 greatest emcees of all-time, is a good gauge for who has the pedigree to be ranked this high. True, the book was written a decade ago, but most of the people in the top 10 in this list had there reps etched in stone long before Eminem dropped, and even now, I still don't think he could ? this list:

Melle Mel
    Rakim
    KRS-One
    Big Daddy Kane
    Kool Moe Dee
    Grandmaster Caz
    LL Cool J
    Chuck D
    The Notorious B.I.G.
    Lauryn Hill

Combining each of these emcees, they have several attributes going for them. They're lyrical groundbreakers that created styles scores of rappers have gone on to use - including Eminem. They're well-rounded artists that offered subject versatility from song to song. And they have deep catalogs full of classic records and albums. I don't see Eminem eclipsing anyone on this list, so I don't consider him a top-10 great.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    i wasnt gonna post n this BIAS thread but this quote got 2 me...
    Also on the "I don't date black chicks" tapes issue. Em knows he ? up, he knows that trying to hide it only made it worst. So he came out, apologized and that's that. So though I was disappointed in him it is what it is. That incident alone will always be stain on his legacy that he can't clean off in the black community. But when discussing his music, You can't really front, he has had some really good to great rhymes and some great songs in his catalog. It's just that his only CLASSIC MMLP though dope, it's not better than some of the other iconic rap albums. The Impact was there, the quality not quite though still good.

SMH@ da underlined cuz LISTEN..

http://youtu.be/kxVBGUmjAvQ

^ that interview was dun n 99 when feminem 1st hit da mainstream & didnt u just hear that cracka ? a BLK WOMAN like LAURYN HILL ova a RUMOR of her bein racist 2wardz whitez? do u not c sumthang wrong wit that? did that cracka feminem apologize 2 LAURYN HILL fa shittin on her ova a RUMOR of her bein racist? when da whole time feminem was da RACIST KLANSMEN who had KKK RACIST TAPEZ RAPPIN how he hated BLK WOMEN n his closet back n 99?....that ? alone BARZ feminem from any top 10 list cuz hiphop is BLK MUSIK & feminem is xactly wat hiphop is against & thatz RACIST CRACKAZ!
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Squall wrote: »
    LMAO@ Y'all ? care bout what he did on the racist tape? I dunno care if he hates black people, Em's dope point-blank period.

Smh @ the bolded.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    I don't care that ? murdered millions. ? was one of the greatest leaders evar!!!
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    He's not better than Redman and Reggie might not even be top 10 material (blasphemy).

Whut Thee Album
    Dare iz a Darkside
    Muddy Waters

Are better than any album I ever heard from Em.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SSLP - 4 MICS
    MMLP - 3 MICS
    TES - 4 MICS
    E - 2.5 MICS
    Rel - 2.5MICS
    Rec - 3 MICS
    Other Material (D12, Royce, Unreleased, Mixtapes) - 3.5 MICS

fixed
  • nymvp
    nymvp Members Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    HLF wrote:
    $? wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible

Explain.........

ROFL

EM is the most diverse rapper of all time..

rap about. killin his mom then rap about being poor. then rapp about addiction ten rap about relationships then rap about fame, then ra about mental problems, everyday struggle...then rap political, then make a comedy song, then make a serial killer song, then make an anthem like lose yourself, then rap about his daughter.. etc..( thats only on 1 album!!!!!!!

JAY -Z is the most 1 dimsensional rapper of all time

Lucky Me, This Can't Be Life, D'Evils, 99 Problems, Girls Girls Girls, Friend or Foe (both versions), Lost Ones, Dear Summer. I'm not even gonna keep going...

seinfeld.gif
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Oh the rofl guy is back
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    great/skilled MC but he just doesnt have a strong enough catalog imo
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Oh look there's shady team
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Someone should make a thread saying "Legit reasons why ICP are not top ten"
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible
    Last three albums were terrible??? Hmmm.... 1) Relapse- a little heavy on the accents, still foggy from admitted drug use. Best selling album of 2009, 5 million+ in sales, 2 Grammy awards, unusual, different (then prior releases), creative- Classic tracks- Stay Wide Awake, Hello, 3 am, Same Song and Dance. 2) Recovery-Best selling album of 2010, 6 million + Grammy award for Best rap album, silenced the"he needs Dr. Dre" to be successful critics. Only one track, "So Bad" produced by Dre. Whole album classic all battle raps, only so-so track is the one w Pink. 3) Bad Meets Evil: The Reunion- Open at #1, re-introduced one of the most talented rappers in the game, Royce Da 5'9" to the masses. Best lyrical back and forth sword play since Wu Tang's hey day.

Not sure what your definition of terrible is, but the facts don't support your thesis. Also, all albums represent different styles and flows. One dimensional is not even up for discussion. In fact, over his career has been more versatile, more creative, taking chances, with more hits then misses then anyone whose ever been in the game. Add to that being the leader and General of raps "Super group", Slaughterhouse, and introducing the hottest new rapper in the game, Yelawolf, to the masses equal only one thing...Marshall Mathers is running the game he is the King now and before he's done will probably be universally regarded as the G.O.A.T.

All this despite being white, which if you really think about it is a huge obstacle to overcome, not an asset like many like to say. Hence no other legitimate white rapper, until Yelawolf, 15 yrs later.

Interesting topic, but really reaching and not sure why. Hopefully, its not because of skin color because we all should be over that by now. There is a reason Jay Z, Litl Wayne, Dr.De, all of Slaughterhouse work with this dude. Its because he is extremely talented, raps real ? , not about money, cars, and bling, and works very hard and is passionate about his craft. Hip Hop fans should enjoy and appreciate his talent and work cause it doesn't happen often. The game almost died when he went on sabbatical, sales-wise and he will be missed when he's gone.

ps- To all you haters go back and listen to "Soldier". If you don't appreciate this track I can't help you. There is a reason why other rappers don't go at him, even though he spits out challenges constantly, because they know they would get slaughtered and would be a bad career move i.e. Cannibus, Jah Rule, Benzino, (milk carton material). He even messed with Mariah's sales for opening up her mouth, with a simple track called "The Warning". Thanks for the time and enjoy the music!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXjFh04mbCY

lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BigKegs wrote: »
    CainMarko wrote: »
    Not one classic in his catalog.

Two Diamond albums, no one ever in rap did this. Am I miss interpreting your definition of classic? Please explain, because mine would include game changing, sales, continuity of album and how many songs do you skip while listening. So that would make 3 classics out of 7 albums. Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem Show, and Recovery. Not Bad, in fact, unprecedented!
    classic album = 10 million sold now? I guess Hammer and Vanilla Ice have more classics that all these other rappers, right?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    cant have a EM thread without shady
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ Recovery being a classic
  • genocidecutter
    Options

I see you nosigning my post
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

I see you nosigning my post

Yea...cause we don't need an ICP thread that everyone will ? on you for your taste
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant have a EM thread without shady
    or the wonder twins