The Official Hot 97 SummerJam 2012 Thread (LiveStream) & Aftermath from YMCMB Cancelling...

Options

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what this whole situation reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiQkBjPrK7c
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *remembers Funk Flex goin on a rant for havin 'Bees in the Trap' first*

Like Cmon, you've gone too far past 'real hip hop' on radio to pick and chose when you have a concious about it..

Heres the crux of the problem- Remind yourself that these DJs are old heads. In order to MAKE A LIVING they have to pretend they dont hate 90% of the ? they themselves play.

That ? eats at them DAILY. Thats why you get these rants b/c they not happy and they tryin to act out, meanwhile its THEIR STATION that their beef should be with.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @H-Rap

I agree on that. That Jew should have been roasted on stage. I think Tune reacted without thinking. He would have shut ? down with a good roast session at Summer Jam on that Jew. ? Hot 97.

Cannot wait to see how Flex ? ass "ends careers" tonight dropping bombs. ? gonna ? around and end his own.
  • theycallmeboom
    theycallmeboom Members Posts: 107
    Options
    Wayne was petty for what he did point blank. The opinion of one man is just that, and ? have the right not to like a song, and not lie about it.... YMCMB thinkin they ? don't stink lmao; the hell you mad for Wayne. All I know is Flex show tonight is gonna be stupid ignorant, and I can't wait.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »

Like Cmon, you've gone too far past 'real hip hop' on radio to pick and chose when you have a concious about it..

Heres the crux of the problem- Remind yourself that these DJs are old heads. In order to MAKE A LIVING they have to pretend they dont hate 90% of the ? they themselves play.

That ? eats at them DAILY. Thats why you get these rants b/c they not happy and they tryin to act out, meanwhile its THEIR STATION that their beef should be with.
    Flex has always been a flip-flopping ass ? though. Even a couple months ago he was on Nicki's ? heavy the week of her album release. He played at least an hour straight of Nicki songs, including the Pop records on her new album.

But lol @ "that real hip-hop ? ". Hot97 isn't even recognized as an Urban station anymore. Mediabase (US's music industry market monitor) label's Hot97 a Rhythmic station... which started as a spin-off of Top 40 radio. x_x
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    apparently rosenburg from hot97 said some ? about that starship song suckin and they got all emotional over it...
    I swear some of these personalities are some real ? -ass ? . Ok, how the ? are you going to invite somebody to an event knowing what kind of material they have and then ? on them and then get mad at them because when they heard about what you said about their material they decide not to show-up?? Sure Minaj ? for the most part is wack, but to ? on a performer that was invited by your ? employer is unprofessional and ignorant. What bothers me more is how this sawed-off black bastard punk ass actress on radio Funkmaster Fluck is defending this punk-ass white boy for what he did!! Flex going to ruin an international star's career? ? give me a break!! It's like promising to ? a person who's already damn-near dead! Nicki Minaj has done a enough to ruin her own career so Flex promising to do some ? thats already done ain't even real threat! And the ? is 1 ? dj in NYC....does he really think he has global power like that?? Get the ? outta her. He really is an actress. Remember how Charlamagne the ? clowned his dumb-ass for talking tough like he was on the WWF or some ? ? He's a punk! Maybe he'll beat her up when he sees her. That's his way of handling women isn't it?

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isnt power 105 killin hot 97 tho?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rosenberg doesn't own hot 97 and this wasn't the first time he said something about Nicki/YM. why drop out the day of?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man itd have been great if someone would KRS One d Rosenberg right off that stage though
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne was petty for what he did point blank. The opinion of one man is just that, and ? have the right not to like a song, and not lie about it.... YMCMB thinkin they ? don't stink lmao; the hell you mad for Wayne. All I know is Flex show tonight is gonna be stupid ignorant, and I can't wait.

Why does everyone keep saying this?!?!!

Rosenberg wsnt in an inetrview or on air, he was ON STAGE. He represents that station. Thats unprofessional.

Honestly Wayne did the same type of thing Jay z has done for years 'boycott Grammys, Cristal, Kay Slay, etc.'...and even Mike Jordan. No slight goes un-checked. If you in a positon of power, sometimes u gotta flex that ? , not b on some 'aww thats just 1 person's opinion, blah, blah...'

I respect that.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Some of ya'll would be terrible at running a business...you can't have one of your radio personalities dissing the main artist at your concert's main yearly event...that ? just makes your radio station look bad...hate YM or not Rosenberg's comment may cause HOT97 more harm in terms of a ripple effect of other artists feeling like "Damn, if their personalities will diss the main act at their show, who else will they diss" and artists may be reluctant to ? with them

Hot 97 will eat whit out them, they're a fad right now
    I agree with you 100%. I don't disagree with what Rosenberg said, but that was neither the time nor place to do it. He has plenty of time on the radio to do that ? , but the bigger issue is how unprofessional both Rosenberg and Hot 97 are. Hot 97 has not and will not make a formal apology to Minaj nor will they discipline Rosenberg. They invited her and then their stupid-ass employee disses her before she comes and now these ? are made that she pulled-out of the show??? WTF is wrong with these people??

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Wayne not showing up to the show being bigger news then the show it's self
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    Options
    Summer Jam is the biggest hip hop concert of the year. They would have sold tickets whether Nicki was the headliner or not. In fact, Nicki hasnt gotta a lot of love in NY lately, especially since that interview where she basically said ? NY hip hop. This was her chance to earn respect back from her hometown, but she supposedly let a dj run her off stage (I think theres more to the story). Rosenberg has been dissing Nicki on the air for months. She knew how he felt before she agreed to do the show, but yet she still signed on to do it. So because he made the same comments to a pre-show crowd about 6 hours before nicki's set that only about 5,000 people heard, YMCMB felt they needed to hurt their fans(not hot 97) and 60,000 paying concert goers by refusing to perform. If this was Jay, Nas, Em, Ross or any other headlining rappers response to a dj's comments there's no way anyone would be defending them. It wouldn't have even gone down like that cause they would have still performed and dissed Rosenberg right on stage. Even if you feel Rosenberg was wrong for taking shots at the event, the way Wayne & Nicki handled it was petty and weak.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

That ? eats at them DAILY.
    Thats why you get these rants b/c they not happy and they tryin to act out, meanwhile its THEIR STATION that their beef should be with.

man ? all that, we play music for ourselves for free. So i'll play that new doctor suess if i'm getting paid to play records.

i can always play my music of choice @ the crib or in the whip.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Summer Jam is the biggest hip hop concert of the year. They would have sold tickets whether Nicki was the headliner or not. In fact, Nicki hasnt gotta a lot of love in NY lately, especially since that interview where she basically said ? NY hip hop. This was her chance to earn respect back from her hometown, but she supposedly let a dj run her off stage (I think theres more to the story). Rosenberg has been dissing Nicki on the air for months. She knew how he felt before she agreed to do the show, but yet she still signed on to do it. So because he made the same comments to a pre-show crowd about 6 hours before nicki's set that only about 5,000 people heard, YMCMB felt they needed to hurt their fans(not hot 97) and 60,000 paying concert goers by refusing to perform. If this was Jay, Nas, Em, Ross or any other headlining rappers response to a dj's comments there's no way anyone would be defending them. It wouldn't have even gone down like that cause they would have still performed and dissed Rosenberg right on stage. Even if you feel Rosenberg was wrong for taking shots at the event, the way Wayne & Nicki handled it was petty and weak.

Jay and Nas have both boycotted Hot97 at some point in their careers
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    A lot of people on the internet go into fantasy world. For me, aint no time for that on or off line. But I did notice Nikki in a pink Bentley. In the real world Bentley equals accomplishment.
    no it doesn't, it means you an idiot who paid too much for a car lol
    bill gates and warren buffet drive cars that cost under 50 gs
    tell them they aren't accomplished lol
    ? house ? mentality i swear
    thats ? , bill gates got a warehouse full of custom designed and modified porches. bill gates got a porche that was specially hand made only for him and is worth close to a million. he do that drive around in a hybrid ? for publicity. in reality dude is a porche fanatic and got every turbo one made.
  • theycallmeboom
    theycallmeboom Members Posts: 107
    Options

Why does everyone keep saying this?!?!!

Rosenberg wsnt in an inetrview or on air, he was ON STAGE. He represents that station. Thats unprofessional.

Honestly Wayne did the same type of thing Jay z has done for years 'boycott Grammys, Cristal, Kay Slay, etc.'...and even Mike Jordan. No slight goes un-checked. If you in a positon of power, sometimes u gotta flex that ? , not b on some 'aww thats just 1 person's opinion, blah, blah...'

I respect that.
    Sure I hear you, and you're right he wasn't doing his morning show, but still; it was highly diva of Wayne. Rosenberg said he didn't like starships before, and this guy isn't any different from a star and buckwild or a charlemeng the ? . They are going to voice their opinion, and say ? that may ruffle feathers. I could understand if he went in on Nicki but he didn't he just said starships is b/s. So idk its an odd situation to me.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If Rosenberg ? On Nikki Led to YMCMB pulling out of the show which led to NAS taking their place ......which led to a NAS x LBoogie on stage collabo... I REAAAAAALLLLY cant see how any hiphop fan is mad at that..... smh
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man isnt Hot 97 the gayest urban radio station in America....word to Mr Cee

dam how the ? did i forget that ? wasn't flex on the radio caping for Mr Cee's gaytivities
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i've been gone a couple days and this is wats been goin on lil
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where was i unclear?
  • _Ozymandias_
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Jay and Nas have both boycotted Hot97 at some point in their careers

They boycotted the event for industry political reasons. But they didn't agree to do the show, help sell tickets, tell their fans to show up, and then hours before they were suppose to perform drop out cause they got their feelings hurt. It's not the same.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ ppl defending hot 97's actions
    the same ppl saying wayne was getting emotional for not performing are the same ppl that start huffing and puffing getting mad when someone diss em on the all hip hop message board
    these the same ppl that boycott threads because gee 757 calls fifty cent wood face
    yet they saying wayne is emotional for not going to perform and help make money for a station that has their guy come on stage and call his artist wack?
    lolol
    yall crazy
    and ? a hot 97
    they got flex beating up women, they got mistercee banging trannies, they have jews insulting black artists
    lolol
    yall stand up for this?

• _Ozymandias_
    Options
    lol@ ppl defending hot 97's actions
    the same ppl saying wayne was getting emotional for not performing are the same ppl that start huffing and puffing getting mad when someone diss em on the all hip hop message board
    these the same ppl that boycott threads because gee 757 calls fifty cent wood face
    yet they saying wayne is emotional for not going to perform and help make money for a station that has their guy come on stage and call his artist wack?
    lolol
    yall crazy
    and ? a hot 97
    they got flex beating up women, they got mistercee banging trannies, they have jews insulting black artists
    lolol
    yall stand up for this?

1) Hot 97 had already made their money. The tickets were sold. The concert had already started. Wayne and Nicki performing or not performing has nothing to do with them making money at that point.

2)Wayne has been showing his emotions a lot lately. the pusha tweet. the rant about the thunder game. now this. he needs to get off twitter and focus more on making better music.

3)and this situation has nothing to do with jews or ? . i mean i could list all the suspect stuff that YMCMB does, but thats pointless. and dont forget drake is jewish. i think rosenberg is lame as hell, but for the most popular label in hip hop to get run of the stage by a so-called "irrevelant" dj makes young money look weak.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even a couple months ago he was on Nicki's ? heavy ...

?