HIP HOP'S Top 20 Net Worth.

Options

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    no snoop??

damn ? . u that dumb, u can't even read a list???
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Those numbers are absolutely wrong. Only PUff, jay, Russel, and Baby are somewhat accurate. How in the hell would Busta rhymes have 60 million dollars guest, verses don't pay that much. T-pain is lucky if he has $300,000.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still believing ? you read on celebritynetworth website, ya'll gullible as hell. It's like sourcing info off Wikipedia.

Forbes list is about the closest to accurate thing.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas got more money than a lot of rappers on that list. Cam too.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This can't be right
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Those #'s arent right. Jermaine Dupri should be worth more than some of those dudes.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Where is Will Smith?!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    most noteworthy to me are

1) Beastie boys worth 75 mill EACH? Damn
    2) Master P's wealth still boggles the mind.

Its called inteest homie....i think the intrest on a mill is like 20,000 now times that by 300. if u smart u make a separate and live off the intrest and let that other ? breathe

Uhh, yea not lookin at it from that angle. Im well aware of how the rich get/stay rich

I mean boggles the mind as in, compare him to the rest of the top 10. All those dudes (with maybe the exception of 50) have a huge footprint in the CULTURE that has spanned decades. Even compare Baby to P, they tsarted about the same time, but P hasnt been 'releveant' mainstream-wise for 10 years, while Baby has.

Again, im well aware of the moves made behind the scenes, but its still crazy when you compare him relative to the others who have been ON, not just underground or behind the scenes, for close to 20 years:

Jay- since 93 and still current
    Dre- since the 80's and still current
    Russell, Puff, Snoop, Cube- been ON for 20 years
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it said Wayne was worth 95 mill and i was done
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Buata has dat much paper??? If so why he keep signin to every label.... Shrugs ......

Are you serious?

50-Cent is ranked number 5 and he can't even get Interscope records to support his music.

Respect to Ice Cube at #10 he owns his own Independant record label and movie production company.

As far as ownership I think Cube is the Blueprint when it comes to the Music/Movie industry.

Ya'll keep forgetting 50 dont need interscope to make money....vitamin water has 50 set for life
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Where is Will Smith?!

Will Smith is 215 Million and dude is filed as actor, ppl don't consider Will Smith a rapper anymore.? i constantly forget he's a rapper .
    mrbootleg wrote: »
    Those #'s arent right. Jermaine Dupri should be worth more than some of those dudes.
    His Net Worth is 65 Million

Despite having earned $11 million in 2008 alone, and having an net worth of $60 million in 2006, recently Jermaine Dupri has fallen on difficult financial times. In May 2011, Jermaine was on the verge of bankruptcy thanks largely to the debt his company So So Def had taken on over the years. Dupri barely avoided the foreclosure of his Atlanta home but at the last minute he was able to salvage the property. Dupri owed over $500,000 to the Georgia state IRS and was forced to shut down his Atlanta restaurant.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Where is Will Smith?!

I believe according to the 2011 Forbes rich list (it's somewhere around here I'm just not going to look for it right now LOLOL), Will Smith has a net worth of $350 million dollars.

Keep in mind eh, even with Forbes a lot of these lists are estimates. Bill Gates has said on occasion that he's never actually showed Forbes his financial statements and that half of his net worth isn't even from Microsoft (he only has an 8% stake in Microsoft most of the shares is sold to the public or prolly retained by the business). Forbes ask people if they can show them but if the person is famous enough and declines they'll go to insiders, read proxy statements and files, family members, managers, etc. to try to guess what they might be worth.

c/s
    majority of these are esitmates regardless of the source.. "9 times outta 10 it'll state estimate of x amount".. some are higher then they actually are, and some are lower.

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    That site isn't accurate.
    There's something wrong with that list for sure.Where's jimmy ivione
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Options

never knew Jimmy Iovine was a hiphop artist.

• just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol so according to this Jay Z got more money than wayne
    ym stays losing
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Neither is russel simmons but he's on that list
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be$T_1 wrote: »

agree, nelly was supposedly on the verge of bankruptcy a couple years ago and now he's worth 55 M's .....

net worth doesn't mean money in the bank. it's possible to have hella assets and no money if you're living beyond your means
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ym stays losing

U can multiply birdmans net by 2 (230)
    waynes net by 2 (190)
    Drakes net by 2 (50)

add them (470) and they still not worth as much as Jay
  • HailBlackMary
    HailBlackMary Members Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm surprised Dre doesnt have more than that he been around so long. And Em too the way they hype him up I'd think he was caked up alittle closer to Jay's figures clothes line or not. Smh at Em supporting d12, buying their friendship/silence not to mention Kim who threatened to write a tell all book years ago. Could be Dre and Em have the same jewish accountants robbing them blind. One day they'll get hip to the larceny like Michael Jackson did in his last years. Damn shame some of the biggest uncles are also the most lucrative, then again it makes sense given the world we live in. For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the the whole world and lose his soul.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    net worth is not cash.
    most these dudes dont have these millions of dollars on hand.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »

Its called inteest homie....i think the intrest on a mill is like 20,000 now times that by 300. if u smart u make a separate and live off the intrest and let that other ? breathe

Yes and no. It depends on what you invest in. Say you put that money in 30 Year U.S. Treasury bonds, (even tho right now the rates have largely fallen) you'd be looking at 2.75% on that mil annually & that doesn't include any appreciation or w/e. A savings account varies but I think in general they like 1 or 1.5% or something. There's many types of things they could invest in. Like if someone w/ a mil is looking for something that's just gonna yield well and don't care much for appreciation they might invest that in preferred stock of banks which at times have yields in excess of 6% (so for example on a mil you'd be looking at 6% on a mil which would be 60k a year. Of course if your compounding that it's going to be much more. Obviously the more money you got down the far better it's gonna be. 1 mil is one thing but when you got say 10, 30 or even 50 mil at work like this you can pretty much have what I call "forever money" you can spend like a saudi prince and it won't matter cuz it won't run out LOLOL.

? thats better than what i thought....props homie
  • hnic1978
    Options
    ym stays losing

HOLD ON!!!!! Not a YMCMB fan by a long shot but ANYBODY on this list homie is winning...point, blank.....PERIOD!!!!
  • hnic1978
    Options

Uhh, yea not lookin at it from that angle. Im well aware of how the rich get/stay rich

I mean boggles the mind as in, compare him to the rest of the top 10. All those dudes (with maybe the exception of 50) have a huge footprint in the CULTURE that has spanned decades. Even compare Baby to P, they tsarted about the same time, but P hasnt been 'releveant' mainstream-wise for 10 years, while Baby has.

Again, im well aware of the moves made behind the scenes, but its still crazy when you compare him relative to the others who have been ON, not just underground or behind the scenes, for close to 20 years:

Jay- since 93 and still current
    Dre- since the 80's and still current
    Russell, Puff, Snoop, Cube- been ON for 20 years

Okay i see what u saying but like what these cats pointed out he had TWO shows on Nickelodeon. I had no idea that the girl was his daughter until my wife pointed it out and shes all over the ? channel. But like u said props to P for getting rich and staying rich.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited June 2012
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    net worth is not cash.
    most these dudes dont have these millions of dollars on hand.

none of them do, it's just an accumulation and an estimation of all/some/most of their assets,

Neither is russel simmons but he's on that list

i added him there
    ym stays losing

U can multiply birdmans net by 2 (230)
    waynes net by 2 (190)
    Drakes net by 2 (50)

add them (470) and they still not worth as much as Jay

we can add 50 lints, multiply that by 3 empty pockets, and that'll still be more then what ya ? ass have.

i'm tired of broke ? , tryna ? on ? with money. at least be on the list first . how much u ? have/worth ??
    ? in here, ? on ? , as if there racking up millions themselves.