Options
    Every area of the west has its own top dog
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    Every area of the west has its own top dog

Thats like the truest lie
    When Pac was alive, he held it undisputedly. He made a name for himself in The Bay Area & L.A. something that no other artist has been succesful at doing(Ya Boy was the closest). But after his death, when the smoke cleared, Snoop was on No Limit & Dre put out Aftermath. Dre was the King of Cali. E-40 was the ambassador of The Bay, but Dre was the one putting people on (selfishly). He was the King until I say until I say 2007-2009ish.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

NWAposse.jpg

I forget his name but he's this Black dude with a Jheri-Curl that came out in 1987, he got about 12 Platinum & Gold projects, and used to ghostwrite for those guys who pioneered so-called Gangsta-Rap on the West-Coast.

He dropped an album in 2010 after almost 25 years in the game but I still can't recall his name.

He was on Tupacs 2nd album.

He might possibly be the only rapper alive with a song with Tupac, Scarface, & Kool G Rap....

Oh now I remember his name is like Dr Game or Kendrick Doggy Dog or some ? .

• vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one mentioned Dre? He's the dude that gives the titles. Sounds like a king to me.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    2Pac, Game, Snoop, Kendrick has potential, Jay Rock has potential, Nipsey Hussle also has potential
    i guess Kurupt doesnt get mentions cause he aint as popular as he could be, same with Xzibit.

lolololol @ lil b, maybe king of the ? tho

Crazy that only 1 ? said Snoop :( ......

I gotta c/s and say Snoop is easily the King of the West imo. Not sure I'd agree w/ Game, ? had 2 successful albums (1 he piggybacked off Curtis and the other he used Curtis beef to push n/h) and fell off. Snoop has gone platinum or double platinum on dayum near every album, he does the most for the community, he's everywhere and he's done a good job staying relevant & bridging the gaps musically.

Man I swear Snoop is one of the most underrated GOATs ever SMH.... drop a top 10 GOAT list and that ? is nowhere to be found on most ? ' lists... crazy....

Snoop is one of my favorites but he hasnt had a good album since ?

and his last album he dropped sold 3500copies
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube all time. No one right now.... Could be Kendrick maaaybe.
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    Options
    right now its definitely kendrick lamar!

of all time its cube!
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    Options
    Spider Loc da king of LA.
  • gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    Options
    R.Greezy wrote: »
    snoop dont got the crown . i would say game has the crown

Fucc no aint no king ever wore no ? speedos.
    game-stripper.jpg
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Aint nobody is King of the West right now, 2Pac died with that crown after he took the crown from Ice-Cube.

See in my opinion to be the King of the West Coast you not only have to be tight on the mic with skills but you have to rep the West Coast as a whole and defend the west coast from any emcee that talk bad on the left. and demolish anybody on the mic, you have to have respect from the the top of the coast from Washington to all the was down to San Diego.

Only a few in my opinion held that prestige title on the west.......MIx Master ? , Rodeny O, Ice-Cube, Snoop (when ? Dropped) and 2Pac.

As of right now The Game should of took that crown but he aint ready, Yuckmouth had a slight chance a few years ago and he tried but nobody got behind him, TO BE THE KING OF THE WEST you have to be a leader that streets respect and the emcee's respect.

BUT out of respect and the former crown holder it's Ice-Cube he still rep the west but Cube really dont want the title
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know people gone disagree but ? it ...... hands down Snoop and 40 .... they get respect form all over whether it be their peers or the younger cats coming up in the game .....even the young cats not from northern or southern cali respectively.......they're two of the most known figures from the coast that are still active ...i mean look at the features list on 40 and snoops last couple albums ...every artist that ever picked up a mic is damn near on them ? .... plus they have been in the game for dam near 25 years a piece ...thats king ? straight up
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get that spider joke ? outta here

that motha fuckas claims the east coast cuzz 50 told him to.

No one knows what tf a spider loc is
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Snoop is the King of Southern Cali and E40 is the King of Northern Cali and them ? Dr. Dre and Ice Cube r the Gods.

I guess u could say Game would be the Prince but all of these other ? is the lil' g's running around tryna be the King and they still got a lot more to do.

DJ Quik would be the ambassador
    Your right to a certain point e40 is the king of the BAY farther north in what we call the valley you have sac,Stockton,Seattle Portland and others and we don't move like nor cal moves its a whole different vibe

• HipHopIsCool
    HipHopIsCool Members Posts: 95
    Options
    Snoop is the King of Southern Cali and E40 is the King of Northern Cali and them ? Dr. Dre and Ice Cube r the Gods.

I guess u could say Game would be the Prince but all of these other ? is the lil' g's running around tryna be the King and they still got a lot more to do.

DJ Quik would be the ambassador

lol @ gods....u corny b
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    unlike game, cube drops an album, ? jam that ?

ice cube>>>>>>
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign the person who said the west are a bunch of bandits. No disrespect to Ice Cubes career but this ? not even rapping anymore hes making are we there yet part 10 and bummy ass coors light commercials. He doesn't even have 1 foot in the game and doesn't even tour or make a few side hip hop tracks. To be king you have to still be ruling your area and commanding your armies to control your territory.

Kendrick Lamar might be the prince but hes not the king. The west is on some Lion King ? and mufasa is dead and Kendrick needs to restore order from the swag rappers like lil b and clowns like the white girl mob and mistah fab that are more like barbarians trying to rule but really cant.
  • Mr. Caesar
    Mr. Caesar Members Posts: 80
    Options
    Personally, I can't think of a West Coast king without thinking of Ice Cube. He's held it down for more than 25 years, spread across four decades. When anyone else can claim that, they'll get their due. But Cube is the Don.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube of course...why is this thread even entertained?!
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant the same claim be made for dr dre too....i mean him and cube came in at the same time right?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint there like three scenes in the west (LA, the Bay, and Seattle/NW)?
    honestly Seattle Kats deal heavily with the Bay has been that way since the early 90s Mix a Lot spent a lot of time down in Oakland, Hammer recruited artists from Seattle for his imprint most of the indie scene here has primarily features from Bay area artists etc...

• SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kendrick lamar got next
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2Pac's hologram

tupac_1.jpg
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disagree with Cube arguments solely because Cube doesn't drop albums frequently. And when he does drop, its just to say he's still in the game.

I'd give it to Snoop. Typical representation of the west. Good weed, creative lingo, gang banging. People see Snoop & think California. Snoop has transcended different hip hop generations. From What's My Name. Beautiful & Sexual Eruptions.