Stalley beefin on Twitter with Surf Club..."I'm tired of holding back"

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This how it always goes. entertainers start criticizing their peers and it has to do with the other being more successful. Usually they try to hide it better but its always the same story under the surface.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rappers are just corny . Plain and simple
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    For the record PILL WAS NEVER SIGNED TO MMG. Pill was signed to Warner Brothers as a solo act. They thought coupling him with the MMG Brand would work and they pulled the plug before it could be pushed more.That was not Ross' decision for Warner to pull him and not even his decision to place him there. The idea made sense at the time and he agreed to it. This is much like Game on Interscope as a solo act and being moved to G-Unit for marketing reasons.

and for the record i thought it so stupid that they had to pull him, because Pill fit very good with the MMG look...

omarion on the cover this time was ridiculous and horrid. Do you not see what they did to Boyz In Da Hood... trading ? Jeezy for Gorilla Zoe and they fell apart after that..
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pill shoulda signed up to MMG... Like the ? recorded a whole album wit em'..... Ross is slippin'
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    For the record PILL WAS NEVER SIGNED TO MMG. Pill was signed to Warner Brothers as a solo act. They thought coupling him with the MMG Brand would work and they pulled the plug before it could be pushed more.That was not Ross' decision for Warner to pull him and not even his decision to place him there. The idea made sense at the time and he agreed to it. This is much like Game on Interscope as a solo act and being moved to G-Unit for marketing reasons.

and for the record i thought it so stupid that they had to pull him, because Pill fit very good with the MMG look...

omarion on the cover this time was ridiculous and horrid. Do you not see what they did to Boyz In Da Hood... trading ? Jeezy for Gorilla Zoe and they fell apart after that..
    Pill is aight but its not gonna hurt Ross.....b/c what Pill is to MMG is not even close to what Jeezy meant to Boyz N Hood
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who???

same thing i said
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    typical frustrated rapper ?

happens every week on FB and Twitter

? betta learn to make a strip club anthem & a track that got chris brown on the hook if that want that mass appeal
    OR ELSE
    jus be content playin the college circuit, gettin paid in daps and props
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn

His last tape was on par with a full official album but ..

He should keep those feelings personal.

This is why I disdain Twitter
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    you cant come out havin a beard like rick ross, havin the same subject matter as kendrick, dom kennedy and krit and expect to stand out...what makes stalley remarkable? there is only a handful rappers in the history of hip hop that stood out through their skills and it's very seldom to be that gifted

someone tell that dude to get a gimmick or read some marketing books
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has to overstand most ppl are sheep and are brainwashed daily on what to like thru the media and radio programming..Instead of getting emotional he should just keep putting in work and working on his presence..

The fact is,he has some dope music but he ain't got heavy mic presence..His voice got a slight lisp to it..
    And its just destiny sometimes that certain dudes just don't have that mass appeal..Thats the problem with dudes like stalley,instead of counting your blessings and being humble, you ego trip and lash out..Thats hoe ? ..

He still fresh to the game,he should just keep pushing to wake the sleepers up!
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ross gonna do Stalley like he did Pill, i ? with Stalley but dude ain't no star.

As for what he said about Kanye and Hit-Boy, both those ? success wasn't over night, they've paid their dues to get where they are at. Stalley needs to stop sounding like the Madd Rapper and re-evaluate what he is doing wrong to not garner attention.

Twitter continues to expose these rappers for being emotional and sensitive as ? . smh

? are wrong, for having emotion and passion. where do those things come from???
    i think from evil spirits.

people where born without emotion and with out passion, . but some where along the line we failed and acquired these things we call emotions
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    you cant come out havin a beard like rick ross, havin the same subject matter as kendrick, dom kennedy and krit and expect to stand out...what makes stalley remarkable? there is only a handful rappers in the history of hip hop that stood out through their skills and it's very seldom to be that gifted

someone tell that dude to get a gimmick or read some marketing books

Who the ? is Dom Kennedy?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom Kennedy is bigger than Stalley. The only reason why people have heard of Stalley is becuz of MMG. Dom Kennedy has always been Independent and built his own buzz. Not to mention tha fact that dude is just better than him period.

lol what? Dom Kennedy is better than Stalley? lol at the wacker West Coast version of Big Sean being better than Stalley
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just need to step away from the computer when they feelin emotional
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom Kennedy is one of the wackest rappers I have ever heard, easily terrible, nothing like Stalley, horrible comparison and laughable in its sheer stupidity.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    When are rappers gonna learn it's about what the fans think? Even if you are really good(which I don't think stalley is) you announcing it to ? doesn't mean ? . Stalley doesn't stand out, I'd never call dude a bad rapper but he damn sure isn't great and he's not the best rapper on MMG. All the best new artists are unique, krit, cole, kendrick, schoolboy, ab, jon connor, meek, etc. Stalley is just a rapper...
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When are rappers gonna learn it's about what the fans think? Even if you are really good(which I don't think stalley is) you announcing it to ? doesn't mean ? . Stalley doesn't stand out, I'd never call dude a bad rapper but he damn sure isn't great and he's not the best rapper on MMG. All the best new artists are unique, krit, cole, kendrick, schoolboy, ab, jon connor, meek, etc. Stalley is just a rapper...

exactly...unless you are nas, you are not becoming a star just based on your skills. like i said there is just a handful of rappers, that managed to do that. everyone else had a gimmick, gettin shot 9 times, dyeing your hair blonde, wifin beyonce, creatin your own dance etc

stalley should fall back and think about something that makes him stand out- wearin a weird beard is unfortunately already taken...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Stalley..he should've put those emotions in his music instead of the Twitter social media...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom Kennedy is bigger than Stalley. The only reason why people have heard of Stalley is becuz of MMG. Dom Kennedy has always been Independent and built his own buzz. Not to mention tha fact that dude is just better than him period.
    Stalley had a dope mixtape before he even signed to MMG. I haven't heard a single dom song

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows dom kennedy outside of the west coast?
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    Stalley shoulda rocked with the JETS instead of MMG
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I've only heard 1 Dom Kennedy song in my life and I only bothered to listen to it cause Krit was on it
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ill say if for the last time he so hyped by mmg fans that the don't realize he average at best and boring at most times
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Lincoln Way Nights beat is raw as ? , and dude didn't do ? with it. It's rare that I find someone blessed with dope production that can't do something with it. My ? .

Second, he's never gone blow with that Freeway Ali Akhbar beard either. AND he's lightskinned with that ? .

Three strikes: boring on amazing production, jacking Freeway's cursed beard, and having lightskin on the darkest label in the game. Fail, fail, fail!
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at Dom Kennedy being better than Stalley..