I can't stand people that are happy all the time.

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    trying to fit in?? office politics??

what the ? ???

lmao......

iight man yall got this one, lol

lol The game is the game, so it's understandable why we play it.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pathetic

LMAOoOOOO

What if someone is genuinely happy at their job?

Smh
  • black caesar
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Pathetic

LMAOoOOOO

What if someone is genuinely happy at their job?

Smh

It means they are working their dream job. It doesn't mean they are supposed to be happy about everything all the time. It's not how human behavior works.

There are things that can make a person feel good, but it doesn't mean it makes them happy.
  • black caesar
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    lol at Kai bringing Gandhi's racism up like his beliefs are relevant to the topic.

I already knew Gandhi was a racist, anyway. At least he was honest with his emotions, which I can give him credit for and why I referenced him.

lol, never said it was relevant, just making a side point. i'd ask you if he was still intelligent, but blakfyah beat me to it
    Happy is an emotion too though..why wear that one on your sleeve for all to see?

Because it presents you in the best light, but it's not real.

it's just being pleasant, and trying to stay positive.....i mean i get what yall saying on the over extreme end of the spectrum... but more times than not people just irritable because someone has a cool pleasant disposition when they're in the work place..

that's just crazy...i'd laugh my ass off if someone told me i smile too much

This isn't just about at work though Du.

I can understand trying to stay upbeat and cordial at work even when you're not the happiest, but in your every day life alllll the time? I wouldn't feel like I'm getting the complete person until I see you happy, sad, mad, etc..

@Kai - True, I'm not in a person's head, but this is life. Maybe you experienced your major hardships so early in life that the ? we go through on a daily basis is a cakewalk to you..I don't know.

the bolded is very true, my attitude probably has a lot to do with learning a lot of coping skills and just a lot about my inner hang-ups and how to deal with them from therapy. i can honestly say that i'm sincerely happy pretty much all the time
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    lol at Kai bringing Gandhi's racism up like his beliefs are relevant to the topic.

I already knew Gandhi was a racist, anyway. At least he was honest with his emotions, which I can give him credit for and why I referenced him.

lol, never said it was relevant, just making a side point. i'd ask you if he was still intelligent, but blakfyah beat me to it
    Happy is an emotion too though..why wear that one on your sleeve for all to see?

Because it presents you in the best light, but it's not real.

it's just being pleasant, and trying to stay positive.....i mean i get what yall saying on the over extreme end of the spectrum... but more times than not people just irritable because someone has a cool pleasant disposition when they're in the work place..

that's just crazy...i'd laugh my ass off if someone told me i smile too much

This isn't just about at work though Du.

I can understand trying to stay upbeat and cordial at work even when you're not the happiest, but in your every day life alllll the time? I wouldn't feel like I'm getting the complete person until I see you happy, sad, mad, etc..

@Kai - True, I'm not in a person's head, but this is life. Maybe you experienced your major hardships so early in life that the ? we go through on a daily basis is a cakewalk to you..I don't know.

the bolded is very true, my attitude probably has a lot to do with learning a lot of coping skills and just a lot about my inner hang-ups and how to deal with them from therapy. i can honestly say that i'm sincerely happy pretty much all the time

Therapy? So the therapist taught you how to mask the pain?

lol, no, she taught me how to deal with my issues so they don't plague me for the rest of my life. how to cope with unpleasant feelings so i can find the joy in life and in myself

Huh.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like is said before people got beat on the og point then when off in tangents and extremes to make the piont they clearly lost on
  • black caesar
    Options
    Ok Kai and Loca, you're getting off topic.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i've worked in an office setting for a while now, i'm well aware of office politic... i hate them and i don't play them...

and i see people who kiss ass to try to be in cliques and fit in, i don't care for that ? either.. i just do my job and keep all my communications pleasant....

the movie office space was a comedy... and sure i get over over the top deep end of the spectrum where someone is just being painfully obnoxious..

but just being nice, pleasant and smiling isn't trying to fit in or playing politics, it's just keeping a positive attitude till you get the ? outta work...

the day just moves faster when you're in a good mood....when i see someone bummed out about some work ? i always tell them

"man don't let this ? get to u, in a few hours you'll be home chilling the ? ot... just suck it up, throw up a smile and keep it moving"

that ain't got ? to do with making nobody else happy, that got everything to do with maintain your sanity..

? in offices be crazy as ? ...you can't let that ? get to you, irritated at every little thing...
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm typing too much in this thread....
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stay happy du.

• BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Long as they aint talking go me, im fine :)
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I just dont understand the logic of having ill feelings to someone who is content and doesnt inflict people that surround them with their issues/ problems

Because it's not reality. A person is supposed to have different moods, not always be happy.

Foreal tho, why are you concerned with how you think other people supposed to be? Don't answer me, that's a question that you need to answer to yourself.
    Don't nobody gotta get they personal feelings approved by you.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant help but be happy...lifes too short to be all depressed and unhappy
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm happy all the time b/c wtf is sulking gonna do for me?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i love ppl who are happy all the time the world is negative as it...
    ? all that moderation ? ,

i hate negative ppl. always sliding thru with their sob stories n ? . it's always never some thing good, jus BS After BS, ? EM'.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i hate negative ppl. always sliding thru with their sob stories n ? . it's always never some thing good, jus BS After BS, ? EM'.

? wtf?? you always got a negative comment about some ? then you pop off with this ? ...confused ass ?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

? wtf?? you always got a negative comment about some ? then you pop off with this ? ...confused ass ?

ain't ? negative, don't get mad @ me, cuz i brought ya ass up 2 speed , 1992 ass ?

"yo", "word is bond", "that's word" , "dabba lee goo"

this ? is trapped in 94'.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I'm happy 95% of the time, but not cheesy ridiculous happy like Christians are. They're the WOAT.

Not all of them are "ridiculous" happy..whatever the ? that means.

At least their belief and trust in the Most High affirms their "ridiculousness" and not let every challenge they face be unbearable and doom impending.

• L.I.P.
    L.I.P. Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Too concerned about other people. Contrary to what you might think, this says a lot more about you than the people you're talking about.

If you stopped caring so much about them you'll find out you might be just as happy if not happier than they are
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trust me im the last person to agree with you. Im a very positive dude in real life or i try to be. I meet this chick from Indiana who was real cool and seemed to be everything you want in a female. She was EXTREMELY positive and happy all the time. I got literally got tired of it because it became annoying. Its crazy because i thought something was wrong with me for not liking someone who is a good person, positive, friendly, and happy joy about everything. But believe me in due time, ? becomes a headcase. It really seemed like something wasnt right with her. She was very intelligent, always happy all the time, very friendly, and very clean washed.

I couldnt even call her sweetie or baby, or try to flirt because she said it wasnt right. I think she was a prime example of reversed psychology or a mind ? . I cant even explain how weird i felt about the situation.
  • black caesar
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Trust me im the last person to agree with you. Im a very positive dude in real life or i try to be. I meet this chick from Indiana who was real cool and seemed to be everything you want in a female. She was EXTREMELY positive and happy all the time. I got literally got tired of it because it became annoying. Its crazy because i thought something was wrong with me for not liking someone who is a good person, positive, friendly, and happy joy about everything. But believe me in due time, ? becomes a headcase. It really seemed like something wasnt right with her. She was very intelligent, always happy all the time, very friendly, and very clean washed.

I couldnt even call her sweetie or baby, or try to flirt because she said it wasnt right. I think she was a prime example of reversed psychology or a mind ? . I cant even explain how weird i felt about the situation.

Did you ever find out what was wrong with her?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Did you ever find out what was wrong with her?

No, i just staretd to ignore her. It was like she was trying to make me jealous of her success becuase she was a constant happy bragger or she thought she knew everything already. She was the weridest chick ive ever spoken too. And im a easy person to get along with.

? sounds hella confusing, but I think something was not right with her. She was TOO happy go lucky to the point where its like " enough, we get it already, now shut the ? about it".
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to the workers at the chickfila drive-thru who be jipper & perky as hell all the damn time.

I see where t/s is coming from, but I'd rather have that than people who are always mad @ the world. Also, don't confuse overly happy w/ (happy + optimistic). Some people just try to find the good in every person/situation.
  • Dean Taylor
    Dean Taylor Members Posts: 1
    Options
    Even though it’s an old post, this statement got my attention because it’s quite intelligent topic to discuss. Unfortunately most replies to it were anything but intelligent. I guess most people have very selective attention to read full sentence, as their replies would be suitable for “I can't stand people that are happy” which is not what is written. It says “I can't stand people that are happy all the time” – notice the difference?!
    People who are happy all the time are not fully mentally stable because happiness is just one in the range of emotions that healthy human beings can experience. Forcing yourself to be happy all the time eventually results in many issues in just about every aspect of your life. There are people who are truly happy SOMETIMES, and then there are people who pretend to be happy ALL THE TIME. People who claim to be happy all the time are generally insecure, they crave constant attention, have very little understanding for anyone else who doesn’t follow or condone their delusional state of mind. They are very susceptible to trends, they mistake being in touch with being confident about themselves and they constantly seek new “high” because fake happiness is very difficult to maintain.
    On the other hand, occasionally but truly happy people do not look to others to confirm their self-worth. They recognize their value on their own and don’t live up to anyone’s expectations. They do things they believe will advance them in life and by not concerning themselves with the opinions of others, they can focus on personal growth.
    Confidence is a crucial aspect of any genuinely happy person, just as it is a critical characteristic of a leader. People who don’t seek to be happy all the time, tend to be secure in their values and beliefs and, as a result, are more likely to be leaders as opposed to be followers. Being happy all the time, overly excited and liking everything that’s popular very likely means you have no opinion of your own and are very susceptible to adopt next new fad not because you like it but because others do. Not being able to express what you like for the fear of other people not approving of it, always leads to issues that become life long burden.
    It’s like that line from an old episode of Seinfeld, constantly enforcing serenity now – leads to insanity later.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh ? y kys please.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options