The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    aite cool.

I think it is an unnecessary assessment to label some of these international players as a sell out or ? because of who they choose to play for. they have the right to play for whatever country as long as it is legal.

This.

But feelings will still be caught.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    aite cool.

I think it is an unnecessary assessment to label some of these international players as a sell out or ? because of who they choose to play for. they have the right to play for whatever country as long as it is legal.

you should play for where your heart is at and i dont have the feeling that aint the case with some of these players...you can tell me whatever you want but wellbeck aint sittin at home with some british blokes eatin yorkshire pudding.

and for özil i can tell you as a fact that dude didnt even speak proper german some years ago and thats after bein born and raised there. they water down the whole concept of national teams...
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    i'm half ghanaian/half-german for the record and mario gomez is half-german bloodwise and fully german culturally if you ever hear him speak. klose is a sell out, no doubt, so is mesut özil.

i bet around their friends these folks are still african, turkish whatever but once the referee blows the whistle they change their identity, sammy "the bull" ass dudes...

All assumptions, speculative things that mainly enlighten us about your own narrow minded (world?) view.

Honestly, none of us can tell a other individuel how they are suppose to feel/act, what their background is and what it should be...not in the free world meine bruder lol

Seriously, you're talkin that half ghanian/half german ? , to many Germans you ain't German to, you know this if you grew up there, so aren't you a ? to for supportin the Germans? you don't feel that way cause you don't care about the opinions from dudes that don't consider you German right? So whats with the hate for Wellbeck or any other player you don't personally know?
  • -Vincenzo-
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    i'm half ghanaian/half-german for the record and mario gomez is half-german bloodwise and fully german culturally if you ever hear him speak. klose is a sell out, no doubt, so is mesut özil.

i bet around their friends these folks are still african, turkish whatever but once the referee blows the whistle they change their identity, sammy "the bull" ass dudes...

All assumptions, speculative things that mainly enlighten us about your own narrow minded (world?) view.

Honestly, none of us can tell a other individuel how they are suppose to feel/act, what their background is and what it should be...not in the free world meine bruder lol

Seriously, you're talkin that half ghanian/half german ? , to many Germans you ain't German to, you know this if you grew up there, so aren't you a ? to for supportin the Germans? you don't feel that way cause you don't care about the opinions from dudes that don't consider you German right? So whats with the hate for Wellbeck or any other player you don't personally know?

ghana is not takin part in the european championship, so who else should i support...

for me playin for a country is more than just wearin a jersey, it's about identifyin with that country & culture and i dont think thats the case with a lot of players these days...

i like players like gareth bale or ryan giggs, who play for wales, even though they might never win anything but they rep their side wholehearted. and dont tell me wellbeck aint ghanaian round his friends, if no white person is around he doesnt care bout no england, thats the impression i have at least.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    yeah Im capin for the immigrants, I;m one myself lol

Record holder of the most goals for the Dutch national team:
    Patrick_Kluivert_BRA-NDL_1-1_maal.jpg
  • Alkindus
    Options

ghana is not takin part in the european championship, so who else should i support...

for me playin for a country is more than just wearin a jersey, it's about identifyin with that country & culture and i dont think thats the case with a lot of players these days...

i like players like gareth bale or ryan giggs, who play for wales, even though they might never win anything but they rep their side wholehearted. and dont tell me wellbeck aint ghanaian round his friends, if no white person is around he doesnt care bout no england, thats the impression i have at least.

Yeah forgive the preachin, I can dig where you're comin from, I personally don't care that much, I;m Moroccan myself, many Moroccans here in The Netherlands, many of them can pick between playin for Holland or Morocco, I don't mind what they pick, I just get dissapointed sometimes, for example, Afellay would be great for the Moroccan national team, yet El Ahmadi would fare better for the Dutch national squad imo but they both picked the opposite teams.
  • -Vincenzo-
    Options
    if you really stand behind that decision, it's one thing...but i bet afellay still comes home and reps morocco around his friends. they just roll with the mainstream or better yet the money.

where you from, rotterdam?
  • Alkindus
    Options
    yeah Rotterdam,

thats the thing though, I don't know Afellay nor his fam, dude grew up in Utrecht, played for my main team here (PSV), I know his fam is from a certain berber group(tribe if you will) that went against the regime/monarchy and the Moroccan king disposed many of them to Holland as guestworkers back in the 60s/70s, maybe that played a role for him/his fam for pickin for Holland but thats just my assumption.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Just replaced transferred Bruno Alves for Lahm again, Hollywood passin Gerrard was good for 12 points this matchday lol

2nd place in the fantasy league, BigEv I'm coming for u mannnnn

it's

Buffon

Lahm/Chiellini/Zhirkov

Shirokov/Afellay/Ribery/Gerrard(c)

Robben/Benzema/Toivonen
  • -Vincenzo-
    Options
    yeah Rotterdam,

thats the thing though, I don't know Afellay nor his fam, dude grew up in Utrecht, played for my main team here (PSV), I know his fam is from a certain berber group(tribe if you will) that went against the regime/monarchy and the Moroccan king disposed many of them to Holland as guestworkers back in the 60s/70s, maybe that played a role for him/his fam for pickin for Holland but thats just my assumption.

thats why i dont really knock balotelli, there is a story behind him playin for italy...plus it probably aint even fun playin for these racists. i've been to rotterdam last year for a few days, i really liked your city
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just made a transfer too. Veloso for Mandžukić
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welbeck was born and raised in Manchester, though...

If I was an international baller..I'd play for England over Jamaica and Barbados (the other countries I'd be eligible for)
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I was an international baller..I'd play for England over Jamaica and Barbados (the other countries I'd be eligible for)

Makes sense as to why he chose to play for England. But as always feelings will be caught.

• -Vincenzo-
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Makes sense as to why he chose to play for England. But as always feelings will be caught.

dude missin the point again...if an indian elephant is born in the cairo zoo, it is still an indian elephant and not an african elephant. a lot of these players just roll with the mainstream/money, nothing else. if they wake up in china tomorrow, they are chinese, dont fall for the okey-doke.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that you splif? he was born and raised in england breda...

if your theroy right, there would only be one team, we would all be playing for as we know it 2day etheopia, thats where we all come from, they would have one hell of a team

your elephant example doesnt make sense... there are many different types of elephants, with different characteristics, same with lions, i.e bengal tigers, white lions etc wherever they are born, they are gonna look and have the same characteristics of that species, i.e stripes or spots... their personality, looks, 'accent' etc wont change... where as humans are humans, and delivope accents and evolve with their surroudings... he was born and raised in england, he prolly never even been to ghana...

half of my grand parents are irish, i never even been there, im english

your trying to create this a race thread...
  • -Vincenzo-
    Options
    wellbeck considered playin for ghana long time, but then went for england. seems like he is not as sure about his englishness as you are. and if half your family is irish, you are mixed, different situation...

i dont have no problem with someone playin for whatever country but be genuine about it. if you say england,holland,france is my country take that jamaica,ghana,morocco flag down and put your country's flag up there or at least next to it.

stop claimin these other countries then, if danny wants to be an english boy, alright, but dont come to no africa/jamaica/whatever blabla events claimin that part of the world, dont wear no africa chain, you are runnin with them brits from now on, so why dont you rep them outside the pitch?
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    Options
    that you splif? he was born and raised in england breda...

if your theroy right, there would only be one team, we would all be playing for as we know it 2day etheopia, thats where we all come from, they would have one hell of a team

your elephant example doesnt make sense... there are many different types of elephants, with different characteristics, same with lions, i.e bengal tigers, white lions etc wherever they are born, they are gonna look and have the same characteristics of that species, i.e stripes or spots... their personality, looks, 'accent' etc wont change... where as humans are humans, and delivope accents and evolve with their surroudings... he was born and raised in england, he prolly never even been to ghana...

half of my grand parents are irish, i never even been there, im english

your trying to create this a race thread...

why is my name always mentioned in this thread even wen i aint postin nuthin ?....lol...truth is ur full of ? n vincenzo is right..

u an irish boy claimin to be english, but i bet wen it suits u u put on your leprechaun hat n green jumpsuit n act like a ? for the irish.

i bet u celebrater st patricks day too...? outta here.

wellbeck considered playin for ghana long time, but then went for england. seems like he is not as sure about his englishness as you are. and if half your family is irish, you are mixed, different situation...

i dont have no problem with someone playin for whatever country but be genuine about it. if you say england,holland,france is my country take that jamaica,ghana,morocco flag down and put your country's flag up there or at least next to it.

stop claimin these other countries then, if danny wants to be an english boy, alright, but dont come to no africa/jamaica/whatever blabla events claimin that part of the world, dont wear no africa chain, you are runnin with them brits from now on, so why dont you rep them outside the pitch?

im'a keep it real.

welbeck is a sellout...all ? who choose to play for their oppressors are sellouts...these carribeans ? are getting worse by the day, they still got their slave names yet they wana lay down with these devils n rep their countires of their captivity, these ? brainwashed.

this ? welbeck even got relaxed curly hiar, these ? gettin mohawks and relaxing their hair to try n be white.

rio ferdinand wasn't selected becaus he his brother got RACIALLY ABUSED by a ? england player, instead of blakc players boycotting the euro's they get mohawks and act like ? ? .

im sick of it.
  • One Spliff
    Options
    anyway, back to football.

england are without a doubt the worst team in the euro's, ive seen all the teams play and england are pathetic.

they egt so nervous for some reason, cant keep the ball and cant defend for ? .

ukraine n shevchenko are guna knock them out unless roy hodgson's mans the ? up n starts wallcott instead of milner....

rooney will be back, hopefully his weight wont prevent him from actually preforming this time round.

• Alkindus
    Options
    is it so hard to comprehend that a person can be from different countries/feel connected with different cultures?

who cares who plays for who. You're talkin about dudes you don't even know personally, saying you think they act like this or that only shows your ignorance/hate. You're just assuming ? ....

countries like England and Holland are diverse nations, multicultural societies, take a look around London or Amsterdam or wahetever. this ain't the 50's man, it would be strange if there would be no Surinamers/Moroccans etc in the Dutch national team.

Saying well he is from Ghana so he should play for them is not your choice to make, it all comes down to the personal preference of that player(and if it's even possible passport wise).
  • Alkindus
    Options
    90% of football fans support clubs from cities they ain't even from, including you Spliff and probably Vincenzo to, hell most of this board myself included(I'm not from Eindhoven mannnn)

are we all pathetic ? now? sellouts? ? that ?
  • -Vincenzo-
    Options
    90% of football fans support clubs from cities they ain't even from, including you Spliff and probably Vincenzo to, hell most of this board myself included(I'm not from Eindhoven mannnn)

club football has been run down by arabian sheeks and russian oligarchs, teams full of mercenaries and turncoats long time ago and now the same is happening with national teams...

keep on cheerin for george foreman:
    20101231132122.259.jpg

i'll stick with ali:
    when_we_were_kings.jpg
  • -Vincenzo-
    Options
    if terry calls wellbeck a ? tomorrow, wellbeck is going home since they dont want any trouble in the team...
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2012
    Options

club football has been run down by arabian sheeks and russian oligarchs, teams full of mercenaries and turncoats long time ago and now the same is happening with national teams...

keep on cheerin for george foreman:
    20101231132122.259.jpg

i'll stick with ali:
    when_we_were_kings.jpg

this is back wen ? kept it real.

athletes were NOT sellouts back then, they stood for something.

• -Vincenzo-
    edited June 2012
    Options
    trayvon-martin-miami-heat.jpg

there are still some athletes like that left...
  • One Spliff
    Options

supporting a club team is different to supporting YOUR NATIONAL TEAM.

? england lol, u think im guna forget that nigeria WAS AND STILL IS colonised by the british.

get the ? outta here, i dispise the european colonionits and what they did to AFRICA...i'll never ever rep anythign european ever...

i can make a pass for the odd ? like torres or lampard...but as a collective i fuckign dispise everything european, i'd rather die than put oin an england shirt before a nigerian shirt, get the ? outta here with that ? .

lol ? every sellout in this thread and every sellout on this planet...the spirits of OUR ANCESTERS ARE CURSING YOU ? SELL OUTS.

ur great grand mother was ? by the white dutch slave masters and colonionits lol...she is cursing your ? ass right now as we speak.

man the ? up.