The New King of the South is...............

Options

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ the half breed, ? mad that Teflon Don took the throne from Urban Legend????
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2chainz buzz is bigger than krits tho
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vslyke wrote: »
    Bun B. Still holding it down for UGK, one of the OG legends, and he's one of the dopest Southern MCs out. He may not get the mainstream love of some of the other dudes, but being the king as never been about that.

southern legend.. yes. King of the South.... no and he doesn't qualify as far as popularity or quality is concerned.

Scarface was considered King of the South for forever and he was never that commercial so it ain't about that... and what the hell do you mean he doesn't have the quality? Are you saying Ross is a better rapper than him now?

So Bun B has GREAT solo albums? So Bun B has classics in the last decade? Damn thats news to me. Notice I said quality, so face is a valid argument. Bun B isn't.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Now for folks like me who is from down South and lives down South. Boosie is KING. And if you ain't from down here you couldn't disagree unless you've been down here

Where you stay? Only places I've been where boosie is king like that is Louisiana and Texas

I'm in Kentucky. Here Boosie is more like ? though

wait so you live in a borderline midwestern state and you think you know who the king of the south is lol cmon son. boosie is regional but ? in ga and florida and the carolinas not screaming freeboosie nonstop

You're from Connecticut fam
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King in what way? We talking about skills, sales, radio spins, amount of money.
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarface aint dead yet, so he still the king to me.
  • Drizzy.Drake
    Drizzy.Drake Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Now for folks like me who is from down South and lives down South. Boosie is KING. And if you ain't from down here you couldn't disagree unless you've been down here

Where you stay? Only places I've been where boosie is king like that is Louisiana and Texas

Atlanta isnt the south so tx and la all that matter
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bun B. Still holding it down for UGK, one of the OG legends, and he's one of the dopest Southern MCs out. He may not get the mainstream love of some of the other dudes, but being the king as never been about that.

southern legend.. yes. King of the South.... no and he doesn't qualify as far as popularity or quality is concerned.

Scarface was considered King of the South for forever and he was never that commercial so it ain't about that... and what the hell do you mean he doesn't have the quality? Are you saying Ross is a better rapper than him now?

So Bun B has GREAT solo albums? So Bun B has classics in the last decade? Damn thats news to me. Notice I said quality, so face is a valid argument. Bun B isn't.

Trill is dope, and Trill OG got 5 mics in The Source. (Personally I didn't think it was that good but that says a lot about how respected Bun is).

And damn, you're saying Ross has classics?

• Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be clear if your not a ATL rapper your not the south. ATL holds the crown right now&gets noticed the most now a days. last time i checked T.I was king b4 he got locked down. now his thrown is up for grabs also it depnds on which king you tlking bout. the MAINSTREAM KING OF THE SOUTH or MIXTAPE KING OF THE SOUTH
  • Leah_Bonita
    Options
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

ha ? please whens the last time scarface was mentioned in anyones top 5....i'll wait
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot ross was from the south
  • Leah_Bonita
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

ha ? please whens the last time scarface was mentioned in anyones top 5....i'll wait

? wack me all ya want but you know its tru old ? like him aint current anymore&hardly make music stop living in the past.
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Options
    T.I. will always be the King to me. Dude has done a lot more to me than these other so-called Kings. This is only my opinion though so I don't expect anyone else to agree with it.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

? wack me all ya want but you know its tru old ? like him aint current anymore&hardly make music stop living in the past.

Please stop posting
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the internet=big krit
    the real world=2 chainz
  • Leah_Bonita
    Options
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

Please stop posting

please stop living in the past
    704Hustla wrote: »
    the internet=big krit
    the real world=2 chainz

ummm interent no-sign
    real world...maybe hard choice cause future got atl turned up

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

Please stop posting

the internet=big krit
    the real world=2 chainz

ummm interent no-sign

Please stop listening to ? music
  • Leah_Bonita
    Options
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

Please stop posting

the internet=big krit
    the real world=2 chainz

ummm interent no-sign

Please stop listening to ? music

this is coming from mr.ICP? Really?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wait so you live in a borderline midwestern state and you think you know who the king of the south is lol cmon son. boosie is regional but ? in ga and florida and the carolinas not screaming freeboosie nonstop

lol okay which doesn't take away from the fact kentucky on the cusp of the south. I have spent summers down south and have fam down south but it don't take that to know boosie aint the king of the south. Thats like napoleon being the ruler of france after he was exiled to an island for life lol. You cant rule and be locked up.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol okay which doesn't take away from the fact kentucky on the cusp of the south. I have spent summers down south and have fam down south but it don't take that to know boosie aint the king of the south. Thats like napoleon being the ruler of france after he was exiled to an island for life lol. You cant rule and be locked up.

Fam, you from Connecticut. Make yourself relevant in any discussion in this section by naming a rapper from Connecticut
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as a floridian boosie aint the king of ? lol, and ross is bigger than the south now so....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fam, you from Connecticut. Make yourself relevant in any discussion in this section by naming a rapper from Connecticut

lol name 5 relevant rappers from kentucky tho. And since when was your opinion on hip hop based on how many rappers blew up in our state. So now if a ? is from upstate new york their opinion automatically matters cause there are hella rappers that are from the state of new york c'mon son them kentucky schools aint teach you logic haha.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    as a floridian boosie aint the king of ? lol, and ross is bigger than the south now so....

Wha? How is that even possible?
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope Scarface is
    Nope Scarface is

This ? here...Will you please shut the ? up? Scarface the dopest southern rapper 2 do it ? ? and he still comin with that fire. Whens the last time you listened to someone other then tip or gucci or ? ross? ? sit the ? down with that ?

and you tryin 2 be a rapper but cant respect the greats? dont front ? ? u had that hoe ass avy with u on the mic and i bet that ? sound like some oj da juiceman aye scarface the ? king
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_wlAcaZdrs&feature=related

• Leah_Bonita
    Options

ross was neva the south......HOLD ON lets narrow this down to rappers who have actually aimed 2b the king of the south