• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont trust these ? they will never catch me slippin!!! funky ? >>>>>>>>>
    easily a standout

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been ridin to this since my last post... he spit that real......
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I peeped his video on MTV2 the other night, ? is dope.

Who got a lank for the tape?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T-Rel wrote: »

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/17524/joey_bada_1999.html
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    T-Rel wrote: »

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/17524/joey_bada_1999.html

'preciate it.
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Got another group coming out... Clear Soul Forces

http://youtu.be/SVkwqELL6yk
  • BobOblah
    Options
    how did he get a Dilla beat?
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    They deleted Pro Era's (Joey's group) YouTube page according to his twitter... Went to look up Survival Tactics video and couldnt find it.

Hard Knocks is the only video thats left up of him on YouTube
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clear soul forces....i like that ?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Theres no denying his skills as a emcee...Good flow,reminds you of old era NYC spitters,not really melodic,even robotic at times....He ain't got the complete package yet

I'm not knocking the kid..Its a bold statement to debut with this kind of vintage sound..However this is not Infamous,Illmatic,4,5,6,War report,Capital Punishment,Jealous Ones Envy,Jewelz and other masterpieces of the 90's..

I'm sorry but this kid ain't bringing that era back..It was a raw energy in the air during those times..It was explosive like C4..I grew up during that era and it definitely "felt" different..I can play any of those albums I mentioned and it shyts on this tape..I play infamous and instantly can smell the blunts and ? pissy NYC project hallways coming thru the speakers..Until he tops the best of the best I'm not giving out any accolades..Thats the problem with these cats in this nu era..They always wanna "Label" something as classic when it hasn't broke new ground...Illmatic was groundbreaking..True creativity is having your own style even if you're influenced by past artists...Like kendrick and krit..They have their own styles
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up in the era too...

Minus the blunt smoke and pissy hallways =; ... hold that

i appreciate his lyricism and bringing me back .. i can enjoy the tape without comparing it to veterans in the game. thats one things hiphopfans have trouble with enjoying a good artist without comparing/contrasting and ranking.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Options
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Options
    Joey cool tho he just cant ? with the masters yet
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then keep playing your old ass tapes and let us enjoy this
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    It's a mixtape from a 17 year old rapper that no one's heard of and ? wanna compare it to classic albums from artists that are considered hip hop legends.

Low key, Joey might be on to something
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Call it what you wanna call it. I'm not a fan because he kinda sounds like he's from a past era, I'm a fan because the mixtape sounds good. Kid has potential.
  • BobOblah
    Options
    Theres no denying his skills as a emcee...Good flow,reminds you of old era NYC spitters,not really melodic,even robotic at times....He ain't got the complete package yet

I'm not knocking the kid..Its a bold statement to debut with this kind of vintage sound..However this is not Infamous,Illmatic,4,5,6,War report,Capital Punishment,Jealous Ones Envy,Jewelz and other masterpieces of the 90's..

I'm sorry but this kid ain't bringing that era back..It was a raw energy in the air during those times..It was explosive like C4..I grew up during that era and it definitely "felt" different..I can play any of those albums I mentioned and it shyts on this tape..I play infamous and instantly can smell the blunts and ? pissy NYC project hallways coming thru the speakers..Until he tops the best of the best I'm not giving out any accolades..Thats the problem with these cats in this nu era..They always wanna "Label" something as classic when it hasn't broke new ground...Illmatic was groundbreaking..True creativity is having your own style even if you're influenced by past artists...Like kendrick and krit..They have their own styles

who even said it was? I didn't read the whole thread but who the hell even said anything about "classic"?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody said this was Classic. Its funny when ppl tell on theirself if u think he dope then say it don't be like "Well he ain't ? with the greats" who said he was? And nobody who is out is ? with the Greats.

But being 17 and this is his first Mixtape u can't tell me he don't have Talent.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suspect ? don't come outside!

joey and that ? killed it.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosizzle playmaker and genstasia, why yall acting like people are claiming him a new nas and bringing back the golden era...just enjoy the music and stop comparing the.kid to krit/kendrick, they all reside in different lanes musically
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    U old cats need to really get on with your lives. There's so much good music coming out nowadays that ain't hard to find. ? yourself

With that said this song is the ?

? OUTTA HERE WITH THAT ? , ? i am what you consider an old cat aka ol head and i ? with new cats that aint trash, Kendrick, Jay Rock and this little ? joey badass and the pro era cats, but other than that most of the ? out here is trash from the new generation.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This ? Rapped "In my studies I can tell the egiptians ain't ? / we can all be like neo in the matrix"

He lost me after that..that was dumb...Scientists STILL can't figure who and what built the pyramids...

• Supreme_Mind999
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Then keep playing your old ass tapes and let us enjoy this

? how I'm I stopping you from enjoying your tapes by sharing my opinion?..Take the panties off fam..I never said don't listen to Joey Baddass...I'm just saying I'm not impressed..I've heard iller