The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    germany is never lucky, germany is just germany. there are 2 laws in football: the ball is round and at the end germany wins.

Word...what happened in the World Cup to Spain though lol
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn who would of thought the two MLS games shown today on TV was more exciting than Italy Vs France..
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well what aload of ? , England played absolutely ? ... We didnt deserve ? outta that game, total embarrassment, Terry as much as I hate the ? , was our only decent player, Young was ? , doing ? He wouldnt do at United, not playing like Hes used to... England need to take A look at themselves, fans that went to that game, and watched them get battered for 130mins or atleast 85mins should get A refund... Made Me lose interest in the Euros with that performance...
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    england lose on penalty kicks how many time in the past 14 years?
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    england lose on penalty kicks how many time in the past 14 years?

too many smh

i won £12 on 0-0 in 90mins... but lost £24 on total bets lol

though i won £105 on roulette at the bookies at same time haha
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    germany is never lucky, germany is just germany. there are 2 laws in football: the ball is round and at the end germany wins.

Word...what happened in the World Cup to Spain though lol

and in 08, 06 against Italy, 04 the Czechs, 02 Brazil and so on lol last time the Germans won was in 1996 when everybody was rootin for the English and later the Czechs lol.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    and pirlo swagger-jacked totti's penalty from 2000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2bBN6D9nBY

It;s called a Panenka for a reason mein bruder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2HZNheCZ8
  • water ur seeds
    Options
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »

yeah, i came across that term the first time yesterday...

and that germany line is obviously an overstatement, it's supposed to say that they play sh*itty a lot of times and still surprisingly win, something only big teams manage to do.

and regarding titles, there are 2 countries in the world that can ? with germany, one is brazil, the other one is italy, no one else is seeing them. you could mention argentina but i think you might as well keep it real and say maradona instead because without him, they aint ? really...

men lie, women lie, numbers dont...
    italy 4x world champion, 1x european champion
    germany 3x world champion, 3x european champion
    spain 1x world champion, 2x time european champion
    france 1x world champion, 2x european champion
    holland 0x world champion, 1x european champion
    england 1x world champion, 0x european champion
  • Alkindus
    Options

and that germany line is obviously an overstatement, it's supposed to say that they play sh*itty a lot of times and still surprisingly win, something only big teams manage to do.

and regarding titles, there are 2 countries in the world that can ? with germany, one is brazil, the other one is italy, no one else is seeing them. you could mention argentina but i think you might as well keep it real and say maradona instead because without him, they aint ? really...

Ja, das ist genau, aber Deutschland ist eine ganz billige/kranke manschaft, sie sind nicht tolllll jawooooooooollllllllll

lol, damn Germans

but yeah eventhough Argentina's regime in 78 was on some serious ? and the match against Peru was obviously bought:
    kempes_3_en,property=original.jpg
    What do you know about Mario Kempes? Marodonna didn't play in 78

regardless of that, Marodonna is to Argentina, what Beckenbauer is for Germany, Pele for Brazil etc
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ja, das ist genau, aber Deutschland ist eine ganz billige/kranke manschaft, sie sind nicht tolllll jawooooooooollllllllll

lol, damn Germans

but yeah eventhough Argentina's regime in 78 was on some serious ? and the match against Peru was obviously bought:
    kempes_3_en,property=original.jpg
    What do you know about Mario Kempes? Marodonna didn't play in 78

regardless of that, Marodonna is to Argentina, what Beckenbauer is for Germany, Pele for Brazil etc

damn never knew that the gauchos bribed peru...

italy has some dirt on their hands too, mussolini fixed the world cup 1934, he paid off/threatened the refs. and since we talked bout wellbeck & affelay the other day, one of the italy players in 1934, luis monti, played for argentina in the wc 1930.

yeah, kempes is a legend, but maradona is much more important for argentina than pele or beckenbauer for their countries.

woher hast du deutsch gelernt?
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

'Albion are delighted to announce the signing of Catalonian right-back Bruno Saltor on a free transfer from Valencia.

The 31-year-old has agreed a two-year deal at the Amex and brings further top-flight experienced to Gus Poyet's side.

Poyet said, "Bruno has a great amount of top-level experience in La Liga, the Champions League and the Europa League, and to bring a player of his quality is a coup for us."'

valencia-bruno-saltor-337-uefa-champions-league-2010-11-adrenalyn-xl-trading-card-43386-p.jpg
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drogba to barca rumors all over twitter...messi must hav talked to him...i doubt they can affird his wages hes gonna hav to take a pay cut
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    drogba to barca rumors all over twitter...messi must hav talked to him...i doubt they can affird his wages hes gonna hav to take a pay cut

smh if he goes there yo.
  • infamous114
    Options
    I thought he was headed to China
  • Gooner
    Options
    yea but apparently he has a clause where he can leave for barca...it seems like bs tho hes not leaving that $ in china...he got nothing else to prove he won ECL
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like there is some truth to it.
  • Gooner
    Options
    Giroud deal is official...beast...park vela bendtner and chamakh gotta strat packing those bags....also it seems wenger has really lost interest in mvila via Matt spiro ...biglia or Martinez plz
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    Giroud deal is official...beast...park vela bendtner and chamakh gotta strat packing those bags....also it seems wenger has really lost interest in mvila via Matt spiro ...biglia or Martinez plz

Vela wanted a move from time, no surprise there.

Some Russian club is interested in Bendtner.

Park was basically a safety belt.

Van Persie coming back from injury back in 2010 really ? up Chamakh's game. The man was scoring goals and helping us win games during Rvp's injury. I hope this isn't the end of his career.
  • infamous114
    Options
    UEFA has charged the Spanish and Russian football associations for racist chants by fans at the European Championship.

The charges follow reports that monkey noises were directed by Spain fans at Italy forward Mario Balotelli, and that Russian fans targeted Czech Republic defender Theodor Gebre Selassie.

UEFA says it has opened disciplinary cases for "improper conduct of their supporters (racist behavior, racist chanting)." The European football body says its disciplinary panel will deal with the cases Thursday.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody else pickin portugal for the upset? i dont think they've been given enough credit for how they've played up til this point.. especially defensively.. all the focus obviously has been on cristiano ronaldo, but they've been pretty solid as a team
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    anybody else pickin portugal for the upset? i dont think they've been given enough credit for how they've played up til this point.. especially defensively.. all the focus obviously has been on cristiano ronaldo, but they've been pretty solid as a team

They definitely could win the game tomorrow. And if they do win, it will be because of their defense.

Spain's offense is very potent. Xavi and Iniesta had about 400 passes between them. Imo Spain's depth gives them the advantage.

But as always the game has to be played. Its 50-50 at this point..
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Spain try come on this 'no forward' buzz they won't score unless Portugal make a mistake...Portugal, however...have Ronaldo...Which automatically makes them more incisive than the over-thinkerin' Spaniards...They will definitely control the game, though...So if Portugal wanna win, they'll have to make good on the early opportunities Spain give them