Chief The first major artist to grow up in the extra shity rap era?

Options
Ghostdenithegawd
Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Reason
This ? crazy im 23 i learned about hip-hop from my bro who is 37 this kid hear is 16 he learned about rap from his moms who is 32 lets be real 99% of chicks opinion on hip-hop are ? but he didn't learn about hip-hop he learned about rap The more ignorant almost completely lack of substance ugly brother .

You don't understand half the ? you heard until your 20-21 I didn't understand allot of what i listening to(90's early 2000's rap) until u became a grown man. This ? is 16 talking to other young undeveloped minds. my bro put me on to (dmx,lox,BTNH,jay-z,big pun,wu-tang clan, pac,biggie etc. this ? moms put him on to a declining lil Wayne,and some snap and pop music. and this is the forecast of rap/hip-hop for the next how many whateva years? i mean dam wtf is going to happen to the kids who grew up in a single parent household who moms was a big Nicki minaj fan? this aint really far in te future im talking about 3-4 years from now. i feel like rap is going to hit a od stage feminine homoness very soon ? about to get disgusting

Comments

• blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don t know what women you hang with but most girls who listen to rap know as much as any man , and i know plenty of female hiphop heads
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i hate how the game works theres all these talented cats makin underground mixtape noise but mostly only heard by the hip hop heads. black hippy, slaughterhouse, saigon, just to name a few. they have to grind for years to reach the masses, if they do at all, but some 16 year old comes out with some of the wackest ? i've ever heard and his music is everywhere because it "knocks". what gets me is that no one is checkin for music that has a message anymore. same ? that happened in '07 when i was waitin for saigon and papoose to drop (and they never did).

and to blackbloc... really? i have never had a chick put me on no old school or underground ? , and when i play it for them they say it all sounds the same and that they would rather listen to pop lock and drop it. from what i've seen women who have a respectable taste in music don't listen to very much rap.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really giving Keef Chief this much life?

Remember bonecrusher
    Remember Archie Eversole
    Remember DJ Unk

This ? is n they category.
    1 hit song, allstar remix
    Never heard from again
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all ? focus too much on chief keef
    and act like the 90's, and the early 2000's didn't have their share of ? artists.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    i don t know what women you hang with but most girls who listen to rap know as much as any man , and i know plenty of female hiphop heads

Most women are casual music listeners and like music based on if the artist is cute to them and they can dance to it.

Women are horrible hip hop fans mostly and their who ppl are making music for.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chief keef is just a continuation of what's been going on, nothing new
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Remember bonecrusher
    Remember Archie Eversole
    Remember DJ Unk

Never heard from again

Its not the same these days where going to have even more of these 1 hit wonder if even that because ? ant learning about the culture from anybody who's going to teach them it any more, we about to be in a world of rap where up and coming artist influences start from ? who came out in 2006
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options

where you from? you must be in the land if respectable women who are taught in the art of hip-hop becaus ethat ? dont exist around here if anywhere with the look of nicki minaj success
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't say if that's true or not because I grew up moms used to play Rick James, and I don't listen to any of his ? . I had my own radio and played things I liked to hear and it went from there.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Females I know take appearance into consideration when discussing rappers.

That instantly nullifies any hip hop heads opinion.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I only know a few females that was into rap. Some listened to Slum Village, and others listened to Jay Z. I know a few female DJs that are very knowledgeable. Not saying his moms is, idk. Chief Kief, Ying Yang twins. What's the difference.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Remember bonecrusher
    Remember Archie Eversole
    Remember DJ Unk

Never heard from again

yes and no

yes your right there have been one hit wonders like the people listed above that were huge from 1 hit song. hell cheif's i don't like (orig) didn't even make national radio like those people did. I don't life hardly was even viral and was not that big till the good and jada remix.

but no hes not like those 1 hit wonders contract wise which is where the intrigue comes from. this ? got an acting and music contract from interscope without a radio hit! And in a rap culture and current pop culture society interested in back stories this ? got a mom who is in her early 30's and hes 16 with a kid already and a criminal record. hes not your average overated 1 hit wonder.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF this dude has a kid! Man, these generations are gonna continually get more and more fuxed up.

I can only imagine what the next generation of rappers are gonna sound like.

Some of the younger/newer hiphop artists tried to put out quality music and save the culture (J Cole, Wale, Diggy,
    Asher Roth, Mickey Facts, Corey Gunz, etc), but it seems like for every rapper with substance, we see 5 talentless rappers emerge.

I don't listen to all the rappers I listed, but just thought their movement was going to turn into more creativity and students of the game. Maybe not
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    WTF this dude has a kid! Man, these generations are gonna continually get more and more fuxed up.

I can only imagine what the next generation of rappers are gonna sound like.

Some of the younger/newer hiphop artists tried to put out quality music and save the culture (J Cole, Wale, Diggy,
    Asher Roth, Mickey Facts, Corey Gunz, etc), but it seems like for every rapper with substance, we see 5 talentless rappers emerge.

I don't listen to all the rappers I listed, but just thought their movement was going to turn into more creativity and students of the game. Maybe not

? my cousin had a baby back in 93 when she was 14. I assume your favorite albums of all time came out that year. Yall need to quit blamin skinny jeans and Lex Luger for our mishaps like ? ain't been ? up. Every genration ? up. We the sons of slaves, we ain't on our feet yet. We young in this country. ? can happen in any culture anyway.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your funny, Keef is no different than YC, Unk, jibbs and all these other ? . In a few months he'll be gone.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care about this chief cat...
    But is it me or does the t/s sound corny as fukk...
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

where you from? you must be in the land if respectable women who are taught in the art of hip-hop becaus ethat ? dont exist around here if anywhere with the look of nicki minaj success

yall dudes is raw i like in nyc i know mad females who hip hop heads and have great taste in music where yall ? at ?

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does a young black dude makin legal money makin people happy hurt you. Cause it sure dont hurt me. Im happy to see someone makin moves out here. Some of us gone keep makin moves out here and the rest gone do what they do. (lose, get nowhere, be irrelavent and bitter).
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How does a young black dude makin legal money makin people happy hurt you. Cause it sure dont hurt me. Im happy to see someone makin moves out here. Some of us gone keep makin moves out here and the rest gone do what they do. (lose, get nowhere, be irrelavent and bitter).

Dawg, if intellect was height, you looking real midget like right about now.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think the t/s really got malicious thoughts about Keef. Never said, oh F*** cuz, I hope he sell triple wood, or none of that. Just introduced a thought, a theory and opened it up to debate.

Anyways, problem is some people look at the music as art, and want to contribute to its legacy as such. Then there's this other crowd who look at it like an ATM machine.

• NoCompetition
    Options

Dawg, if intellect was height, you looking real midget like right about now.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think the t/s really got malicious thoughts about Keef. Never said, oh F*** cuz, I hope he sell triple wood, or none of that. Just introduced a thought, a theory and opened it up to debate.

Anyways, problem is some people look at the music as art, and want to contribute to its legacy as such. Then there's this other crowd who look at it like an ATM machine.

First off, I aint the type to come out insultin nobody. To me life is great and Im makin moves and comin up. People can sit on the internet and get mad cause some aint holdin themselves back but all that's pointless. In the new xxl with Waka on the cover, chief was in New york doin it big. Im the type to appreciate winning. Anyone makes music for who likes it thats all that matters.
    I get the bolded. Thats what keeps this site goin. Im a direct and realistic person. But yeah this internet debate is pointless. I'll just stay on the winning side of those doin real things in the real world and stompin on this internet nonsense.
  • Supreme flyintel
    Supreme flyintel Members Posts: 24
    Options
    lol @the "im making moves, what u doin?" angle.

i can almost guarantee you, you will be as average in life as the majority of people are. just get an education, own your own piece of land, and raise respectable children, thats all that matters. ? your music and whatever else you got going on because the market has been saturated for years.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

Its interesting you would say that when he is getting paid millions to rap about all those things you just said are holding us back

All ? in the IC do is talk about ? they dont like. He makes a song about the same thing and now its all good.

I guess it would make our "hating" better if we were getting paid for it right

? idiot/
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol....i really dont get this.......so because someone is "making moves" the music cant be judged? lol.....
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    HaHa yall sure are mad. But not me, Its Saturday and I got places to go and things to do. Be my guest stay pointlessly mad at rappers. Like someone said its what this site is all about. Its funny yall get mad at non haters such as myself. Shows me the level yall on. Pitiful. Might be back one day to pass time.
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ my little sister (who is 21) basing her taste in music off of if she is attracted to the performer or not.