i honestly give no f**k about fighting games.

Options
CallMeWelvin
CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in IllGaming
Am I alone? ?

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if it aint fighting, driving, or shooting i aint playin.....

u one of them boys that ride around wit madden and a controller in the whip?.....that's my lil brother all day
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mainly play Fps, sports, and adventure type games.

? like Marvel vs camcom does nothing for me

Street fighters neither

Only fighting game I can get into is Mortal Kombat and that's only for a short period of time
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel you. I used to be into them heavy back in the day, but then people stopped playing them, and my game fell off. I bought SF4 off GP, but then realized my skills had fallen off and I didn't give a ? to re-master all the combos, frame counting, and other miscellaneous ? associated with beasting a fighting game.

...still ? with VF4 and Tekken though.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    oh ok....nah i dont even like the super-hero type ? ......but Fight Night, MK, SF, Tekken, all that type ? goes hard....i like the real boxing the most tho....i cant do the adventure games....the minute i see a baby dragon or have to collect some ? ass orb im done lol
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You're missing out man. Try peeping the EVO stream sometime tomorrow(biggest fighting game tournament in the world held in las Vegas), might just pique your interest. For anyone not interested in fighting games, peep that on saturday and or sunday in the evening.

I like fighting games cuz it pits me against another player. If the game is reasonably good, the better player will more often than not come out ahead(barring the matchup is also not skewed in ones favor). Getting deep into fighters where you can understand the nuances and intricacies that go into high level fighting whether it be proper spacing or knowledge/counting your frames on hit and advanatage is something you can't get out of any other game really. You vs me with a limited amount of life and a timer. ? dope.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    You're missing out man. Try peeping the EVO stream sometime tomorrow(biggest fighting game tournament in the world held in las Vegas), might just pique your interest. For anyone not interested in fighting games, peep that on saturday and or sunday in the evening.

I like fighting games cuz it pits me against another player. If the game is reasonably good, the better player will more often than not come out ahead(barring the matchup is also not skewed in ones favor). Getting deep into fighters where you can understand the nuances and intricacies that go into high level fighting whether it be proper spacing or knowledge/counting your frames on hit and advanatage is something you can't get out of any other game really. You vs me with a limited amount of life and a timer. ? dope.

ya'll can laugh if im just out the loop....but i read this ? twice and can not figure out what the ? is going on
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mostly play Virtua Fighter but I ? wit Tekken, King of Fighters, and Dead or Alive.
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »

ya'll can laugh if im just out the loop....but i read this ? twice and can not figure out what the ? is going on

Long story short, the biggest fighting game tournament is going on this Fri-Sun, check it out to see if it might change your mind.

And he (like most people who play them at a high level) likes fighting games because its just one on one, no dependencies on a team or game mechanic(except MVC3).

You'll only enjoy fighting games if you want to get deep into them (learning character moves/matchups, watching youtube tutorials etc.)

I'll end it with this, fighting games are as fun/good as much time you're willing to put into it. When I first got Street Fighter 4 I was getting my ass handed to my by the computer and online for 2 months. Only because I was still playing CoD4 heavy. One day I just said ? it, played SF4 for a weekend and got better by monday.
  • HafBayked
    Options
    well damn....ya'll way deeper than me.....
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

This is the problem.

Fighting is the only genre of gaming were the audience is so segmented. Tournament worthy does not determine if a game is viable or fun. I know you didn't say all that, but still...I'm just saying. I understand everything you said and am a big fighting game fan and i'm still tired of hearing about this same ? with every fighter that comes out. Think I give a ? if a new Killer Instint, Power Stone or the next Smash Bros was deemed tournament worthy? Or if Call of Duty has tournaments?

Maybe this is why the genre died for ten+ years *-:)
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »

Long story short, the biggest fighting game tournament is going on this Fri-Sun, check it out to see if it might change your mind.

And he (like most people who play them at a high level) likes fighting games because its just one on one, no dependencies on a team or game mechanic(except MVC3).

You'll only enjoy fighting games if you want to get deep into them (learning character moves/matchups, watching youtube tutorials etc.)

I'll end it with this, fighting games are as fun/good as much time you're willing to put into it. When I first got Street Fighter 4 I was getting my ass handed to my by the computer and online for 2 months. Only because I was still playing CoD4 heavy. One day I just said ? it, played SF4 for a weekend and got better by monday.

pretty much

EVO starts tomorrow
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    I mostly play Virtua Fighter but I ? wit Tekken, King of Fighters, and Dead or Alive.

this guy knows whats up
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel the same. Fighting games have no replay value to me.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    umvc3 is the only game i play......i dont even play ncaa no more
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i liked the new mk, tekken, and ill get the DC game but i havent bought a street fighter since the sf2 hd. i do play alpha occasionally though. i only really play them when theres ppls over.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ these fighter ? . How many times can you hadouken until you say ? it?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I was always into fighting games, when I first got into video games and I still am so I have no problems with 'em.. But I always switch it up anyway from first shooter and sports.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been playing fighters since i was 12 years old. nuff said.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    havent cared since games since mk2 and street fighter 2 which were my faves

honorable mention tekken and virtua fighter
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UFC games are fun, but there is nothing like the classics MK Trilogy, Tekken Tag etc...
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it I'll say it, since the splitscreen shooters died, fighting games have been puttin this offline multiplayer ? on lock. They're basically the last ones left (cept for some gems like Rayman origins etc)lol.

It;s one of my favourite genres though, try Soul Calibur V, 3D fighting games>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2D fighting games imo( I had an overdosis of 2D fighting games in the DC era, from SF Alpha to 3rd strike, FF/KOF/JJBA/VS games etc). Online is great 2 on SCV.
  • ClemsonKUjayhawks215
    ClemsonKUjayhawks215 Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    evo> anything else
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I like games like Soul Calibur but I don't like or understand games like the new Street Fighters. Can't get into that. Too simple.