The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Options

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Silva a trill ass dude... I was hoping he was talking ? in brazilian after the fight.. that wuda been some etherous shyyt
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

Fedor number 1? Lol, yeah ok

You must be new to MMA, I'd take being virtually undefeated for ten years straight as being the best ever, he was the best In HIS era. Asilva would easily beat his ass now, but in terms of their eras, fedor was more dominant. ASilva has only been unbeaten since 2006... but ASilva is doing it in a better era, but it's a wash.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    silva vs gsp

Wont happen

*edit* lol it said Silva vs Jones when I replied

lol my bad
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

You must be new to MMA, I'd take being virtually undefeated for ten years straight as being the best ever, he was the best In HIS era. Asilva would easily beat his ass now, but in terms of their eras, fedor was more dominant. ASilva has only been unbeaten since 2006... but ASilva is doing it in a better era, but it's a wash.

Jones will be on that list too.... Fedor's era was different also Silva is better than him
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    the beginning of the end
    untitled-8n7yn5.gif

When Chael hit the ground, Silva looked at him like "you know you done ? up, right?"

Chael scooted backed like "oh ? "
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sonnen looked like a lil kid that got an F in Pre-Algebra and was crawling to the corner cuz his dad was about to whoop that ass!!
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? was crazy he bassicaly let fael take him down do his best then just ? on him wtf dam A.silva is the GOAT got dam

Naw, he couldn't stop the takedown in the first. Chael has great takedowns. I think when he could not take him down in the second, he was legit confused, maybe even confused and thought a spinning back elbow would work. LMMFAO.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    For the record, Jon Jones has said in private that he could not mentally prepare to fight Anderson since he idolizes him and Anderson does not want to fight Jon Jones because he is bigger and better.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'd rather see GSP/Silva than Pac/Money right now
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I think I'd rather see GSP/Silva than Pac/Money right now

both are mismatches... Floyd ans Silva by ass whoopin

• yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    Dana says Anderson will be the one to choose if he is fighting Jon Jones or not. Anybody want to see him fight Munoz or Lombard?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think that jones/silva fight is gonna happen. Jones would probably be down, but I dunno if Silva will be.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

So you going to act like at least 4 or those years Fedor was undefeated weren't spent fighting lackluster competition. Silva's 6 years of dominance is ever bit as impressive as Fedor's run. Silva has cleared out a division in the best organization in the sport. Fedor cleared out a division when the sport's best were split between two different organizations and then fought cans for like 4 years. Fedor is one of the GOATs no doubt, but Silva has taken his spot at number 1 at this point.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

So you going to act like at least 4 or those years Fedor was undefeated weren't spent fighting lackluster competition. Silva's 6 years of dominance is ever bit as impressive as Fedor's run. Silva has cleared out a division in the best organization in the sport. Fedor cleared out a division when the sport's best were split between two different organizations and then fought cans for like 4 years. Fedor is one of the GOATs no doubt, but Silva has taken his spot at number 1 at this point.

Now, let's not act like the UFC had an even semi-decent heavyweight roster in Fedor's prime.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

Now, let's not act like the UFC had an even semi-decent heavyweight roster in Fedor's prime.

They had a couple decent Heavyweights. It's not like every HW that Fedor beat in PRIDE was better than every HW in the UFC at that time.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Silva is the best of all time. It went down just like I said it would. I still feel like the fight could have went either way though. Poor Sonnen. He'll forever be remembered as an "almost"
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2012
    Options
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

Same could be said for A Silva. MW wasnt the strongest division at all especially in comparison to other divisions until maybe within the last year and half.

After beating Chris Leben in his first UFC match he beats Franklin than beats cans like Travis Lutter (who actually had excellent position with a takedown on A Silva), Leites (know him?) and Demian maia who had to drop down another weightclass recently just so he doesnt get cut from the UFC.

Meanwhile during his prime Fedor still ended up beating guys who were HW champions while he was in Pride, such as Arvolski and Tim Sylvia.

Even Anderson Silva says Fedor is the best... but I think if A Silva moved up to 205 and cleared everyone and beat Jon Jones himdelf, he would be considered the UNDISPUTED GOAT.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not a MMA expert. But scrolling through Fedor's wins, only the 2 decision wins against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira standout. Maybe his wins against Mark Coleman but the dude was close to 40, if not over 40 in those fights. Like i said, i am not an expert. Can one of u "experts" school me on Fedor's great wins.... Bcos, from a novice's eye, looks like he ran through a bunch of cans.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited July 2012
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    I am not a MMA expert. But scrolling through Fedor's wins, only the 2 decision wins against Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira standout. Maybe his wins against Mark Coleman but the dude was close to 40, if not over 40 in those fights. Like i said, i am not an expert. Can one of u "experts" school me on Fedor's great wins.... Bcos, from a novice's eye, looks like he ran through a bunch of cans.

So has ASilva. What are ASilvas great wins? Vitor belfort? Rich franklin who couldnt even beat Forrest? Oh Chael Sonnen who also lost to Forrest.. I'll wait..
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    GOAT list
    1. Fedor
    2. A Silva
    3. GSP.. ? the rest

They had a couple decent Heavyweights. It's not like every HW that Fedor beat in PRIDE was better than every HW in the UFC at that time.

Most dominant UFC hevayweight champ at the time Tim Sylvia. Other one was Arvolski. Fedor beat both. Couture also but we all know Fedor would MOST likely beat him worse than Nog did. So....
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The same Fedor that barely beat Brett Rogers? Couture would have crushed Fedor.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    The same Fedor that barely beat Brett Rogers? Couture would have crushed Fedor.
    barely as in knocking out Rogers with one punch....
    fedor-rogers-head-off.gif

the same Couture who lost 2 out of 3 to Chuck Lidell, who got his ass handed to him twice by Rampage in both pride and the UFC...who also lost to Forrest Griffin btw...

the same Couture who is an 'amazing" 19-11 all time record losing to Josh Barnett who lost to CROCOP 3 times out of 3 and split with big nog (with his one win over Big Nog being a Split decision).

I mean at least think first and do your research before you try to make the argument.

It is what it is.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    lol @ ASilva treating Sonnen like his jailhouse ? afterwards

3.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.