Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Can we make one big eminem thread and merge the ? together
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here we go w/ this ? again. Hate him or love him for whatever reason, Em is that dude "lyrically". His content and song topics are questionable, but you can't take anything away from him when it comes to his way w/ the words.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LostSoulz' and you
    LostSoulz' 9:45AM
    Hey can u do me a favor
    Lab Baby 9:48AM
    ?
    LostSoulz' 9:50AM
    as a response to that troll thread by that ? ? Usmarine can u create a thread saying does the Usmarine thread about Em prove all of Em's haters haven't even heard an Album'

Then post videos like you did such as IF I Had, 8 Mile Road, Sing For The Moment, Not Afraid, Rock Bottom, Mockingbird, Going Through Changes, When I'm Gone

And say this proves any haters wrong Songs with Substance and a Personal Message about Em's life that are Lyrical
    Lab Baby 9:52AM
    Jesus Christ...

Shadyteam's back...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Yeah she asks me to make threads all the time...

Edit...I don't rate that ? '
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont go into specifics bout her ? to me but female or not I knock that ? out if she said that ? to my face
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    What's with all the Eminem hate recently?...I'm not the guy's biggest fan...but 'he's ? lyrically'?...come on man...lets not tell lies...And he probably would sound good an a Premo beat...listen to the minimalist beats he spat over on SSLP and MMLP...

Stan...Bonnie and Clyde...Marshall Mathers...Sing for the Moment...Who Knew...plenty more...

and if you read he verse on Renegade (even though I feel Jay had the better verses) its still dope..."? ' do-gooders to bad you couldn't do good at marriage"

You know it's been about 10+ years since dude has dropped anything of significance like what you've mentioned here right? If you're a fan you can't deny he's not on that tip anymore. Could he still rock over Preme? Probably, but im not putting money on it.

Lol @ using 98-02 Em as vaildation but taking what he's done since then out of the equation. If that's the case DMX is ? on most rappers since his reign. FOH.

I said I'm not his biggest...but there's a difference between not bein' lyrical and fallin' off...if we're talkin' skill, Em's probably the most colossal fall-off in rap history

Fair enough. We're pretty close in our analysis then.

• Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Shady keeps making it back on here either she's 1) smarter than I thought, 2) is allowed to or 3) is definitely an alias. I always dismissed the first two, but the 2/3 has to be it. Sad man.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is big for IC history cause it marks the first time Usmarin disagrees with Jay-Z.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    LostSoulz' 4:14PM
    You just a casual fan your passive ? you approach to Eminem haters makes me sick

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem's catalouge of 3 classics Albums The SSLP, The MMLP, The Eminem Show ? on Jay Z's catalouge and are far superior to his best Album and those Albums are some of the best Albums in history

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem only has 2 average Albums Encore and Relapse while Jay Z has so many weak weak Albums like Volume 3, The Dynasty, Blueprint 2, Kingdome Come, Blueprint 3 and that Em's Encore and Relapse are better than Jay's weak Albums.

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem mostly has Songs and Albums full of nothing but Substance, Message and Emotion like The Eminem Show and Recovery and covers a varity topics about his life issues such as poverty, parenting, single parent house hold, welfare, politics etc while Jay Z mostly in every Album has Rapped about Money, Cars, selling drugs and jewelz.

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem can do what most others can actually make Songs with Substance like Not Afraid that reach number 1 on the Chart

How ? hard is it to do that? please please tell me why it is so hard to do what i typed so simple yet you find it so hard why?

this ? ' needs to jump back on the suicide wave
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overrated as a lyricist? Yes. As a RAPPER? Taking into account technical aspects of rhyming to rhythm? He's damn near unfuckwitable. And so is Twista.

Lol @ he can't get off on a Premo track... Did you not see his last 2 BET cyphers?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The arguments made about Em rhyming over Primo is the same arguments these ? been making for years in the past talking bout Em couldnt rhyme over Just Blaze, Kanye West, Swizz Beatz, Alchemist, Havoc, Hi_Tek beats...when he has...and I see no one touch on the fact if Primo can make Fred Durst sound good over 3 tracks, he easily can be done with Em
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb ? .em in 98-02 is better than ur fave rapper.

is this who I think it is?
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LostSoulz' 4:14PM
    You just a casual fan your passive ? you approach to Eminem haters makes me sick

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem's catalouge of 3 classics Albums The SSLP, The MMLP, The Eminem Show ? on Jay Z's catalouge and are far superior to his best Album and those Albums are some of the best Albums in history

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem only has 2 average Albums Encore and Relapse while Jay Z has so many weak weak Albums like Volume 3, The Dynasty, Blueprint 2, Kingdome Come, Blueprint 3 and that Em's Encore and Relapse are better than Jay's weak Albums.

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem mostly has Songs and Albums full of nothing but Substance, Message and Emotion like The Eminem Show and Recovery and covers a varity topics about his life issues such as poverty, parenting, single parent house hold, welfare, politics etc while Jay Z mostly in every Album has Rapped about Money, Cars, selling drugs and jewelz.

A true Eminem fan would point out Eminem can do what most others can actually make Songs with Substance like Not Afraid that reach number 1 on the Chart

How ? hard is it to do that? please please tell me why it is so hard to do what i typed so simple yet you find it so hard why?

this ? ' needs to jump back on the suicide wave

He sent me a threat through a PM.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now, Eminem has had his moments and has had amazing songs, period. Saying that, ts is right. Majority of Eminem is flow and it is amazing. As an emcee the way Eminem raps is amazing, but his lyrics are usually terrible. Mostly filler, filler, filler and I can not listen to an album worth of filler, no matter how it sounds. That's why is songs that have had a long-life were infused with real life situations and emotions. I would say ever since "Encore" he has been mostly trash. Ironically, that album had some of of his best songs and some of his worst. All of his guest features have been terrible. The biggest falloff skills wise in the history of rap is Eminem.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after encore is when he started becoming overrated.

you got people calling recovery a classic that album was whack.

his best work imo was Marshall Matters LP and Eminem show.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay >>>>> em I never saw why people would say he's the g.o.a.t. he can't open spit SH imo
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this is a disrespectful ass thread. Em is lyrically dominant. Up there with Jay-Z and Raking and Nas
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11 years ago & t/s still mad that Eminem ate Jay-Z lunch on renegade
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Em has no lyrics, you're right, he just raps random ass words with no rhyme or reason... This guy has no clue how to make meaningful, coherent songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--fNIigoS4

? outta here...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Yeah Em has no lyrics, you're right, he just raps random ass words with no rhyme or reason... This guy has no clue how to make meaningful, coherent songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--fNIigoS4

? outta here...

gna have to CS this
  • the_focused_one
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    11 years ago & t/s still mad that Eminem ate Jay-Z lunch on renegade

With verses he wrote 3 years before Jay even ? heard the beat... Co-Sign...
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when im discussin top rappers em isnt mentioned....few people on this board will say he's the best lyrically...dude gets overrated, i was never a fan, cant ? with them tunes.......
  • the_focused_one
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote:
    All this dude does is uses a lot of compound multis and assonance. Its how it sounds more than what is said, his flow makes him sound better than he really is. I mean if you read his lyrics off of paper you wouldnt care. Thats why you dont see him venture outside of sound, i doubt he would get off on a Premo or Inkredibles type beat.

Just to add again that Eminem isn't a lyricist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76awvRpPilg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcJtN_Swfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIzD0ZfTFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kYkciD9VjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSo4ImI6Ib4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLZFdqwh7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

Oh and I don't know about Premo, but how about Em murdering a Just Blaze beat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3klyhUbxt8

Yeah Em has no substance, no personal messages, no storytelling...

I'm smelling another troll post just hating on Em for no reason...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im really interested in knowing what some of yall dudes definition of lyrical is