Anybody else tired of 50 cents bs?

Options

Comments

• Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @H-Rap 180

So are you saying that 50 stagnated, regressed and got too comfortable? I won't argue with you on that at all, but I will say I never expected 50 to spread his wings and step out of his lane. What did disappoint me was his inability to continue to captivate for the "level" of artist he was. Especially with a push from Eminem/Dre.

I suppose I feel like 50 has gotten comfortable in the category he's always been built for. Could/Woulda/Shoulda, take away his backers and he'd be exactly where he's at now for the stretch of his career.
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    @Kairo

Did you witness how Ludacris showed artistic growth as an artist on his 5th album?

Nas resurrected himself on his 5th album? JayZ dropped a mature and Soulful classic on his 5th album?

Kanye West gave us the classic MBDTF on his 5th album

LiL Waynes 5th album we got the new Mixtape-Weezy without Manny Fresh for the first time.

Those 5 artists were either able to reinvent themselves, show maturity, or show artistic growth.

If you want to have a prolonged career in this genre and music that the people support then you have to adapt.

Those are some excellent points but judging by the quality of music 50 has been putting out since GRODT he will need a lot of help, at least 6 tracks from Dre, 3 from Em, a classic verse or hook from both, A few classic verses from Banks and a hell of a ghost writer. Anybody got Gillie the Kid's number.
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    ^^^ Most recent ? I could find thats hot.
  • Kairo
    Options
    Those are some excellent points but judging by the quality of music 50 has been putting out since GRODT he will need a lot of help, at least 6 tracks from Dre, 3 from Em, a classic verse or hook from both, A few classic verses from Banks and a hell of a ghost writer. Anybody got Gillie the Kid's number

Cmon man, I appreciate good humor but this falls flat. 50 obviously isn't going that route...and Gillie the Kid? 50 has never needed a ghostwriter (cue industry conspiracy theorists) but still has fans and non-fans alike talking. Say what you mean bro.

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Kairo

Having Emenim & Dr Dre behind you is like having Lebron James & D. Wade on your team and you a spot up shooter.....it's like Steve Young having Jerry Rice & Terrell Owens on the field at the same time.

You got a rapper who some say is a Goat and a producer who people say is a Goat so the sky is the limit....or maybe not.

I have a theory:

Rappers typically have a short shelf-life because the rap-fan demographic is mainly young unlike genres like Jazz & Soul which is geared to more mature audiences so as the fans mature they like for artists to mature with them.

A good example is a 40 year old Emenim who dropped Relapse with it's goofy "We Made You" and psychotic "3:A.M" and the fans ? on it, the critics ? on it and Em' himself ? on it....it was cartoonish.

Emenim comes back the next year and drops Recovery with "I'm not Afraid" & "Love the way you Lie" and the critics, fans and Emenim praised the work because it showed growth and maturity.

Slim Shady LP sold 4X Platinum & Recovery has sold 4X Platinum over ten years later which shows how fans will stay loyal if you give them what they need.

You can't remain stagnant in this game, Ghostface dropped a R&B album to keep things fresh, Nas did the Damian Marley album, JayZ did the duo-album with Kanye, Ross did the compilations, Diddy did the ? Money project, Wayne did a Rock album, Kanye did 808s....

The fans need to be fed and your menu can't always have the same 3 dishes and food that's stale.
  • Kairo
    Options
    @H-Rap 180

That Lebron/Wade simile is poignant. The extension of that tapping into Jazz/Soul is equally applicable.

I can't say that anyone in my top 5 or even top 10 have failed to show expansion. I wouldn't put 50 in even my top 20, but I do enjoy dudes music. I guess im sitting here making slight excuses for dude, but I really never saw him getting on any kind of tip other than what he's on. This has obviously led to his massive dropoff in fandom tho.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wouldnt say tired but im disappointed he hasnt really "improved"....i mean i like that fact he's still spittin that hard gangsta ? cuz it's a nice contrast to the light ? out now and I bump 10 and TLT on the regular but at the same time he's really just re-tracing the same picture over and over again and it's kinda sad he hasnt shown any growth in his content or his flow...and i really thought 5 was an actual album but to make a free mixtape shows youplus the fact he doesnt really work wit some of his peers hinders his growth as well...i mean i applaud him for not ? -ridin but at the same time it's cursed him cuz his core audenice isnt really expanding the

whats funny is i like hearing him speak in interviews cuz he's smart and makes sense of alot of ? and i saw an old Westwood interview where he was talkin about the "jay is a punk" thing and how he sold 800 million records compared to Jay's 80(#'s arent accruate but you know what i mean) and was acting like he really accomplished something and I thought to myself...dude has 13+ ALBUMS out and still grindin yet your only on album #5 and it's not looking like you'll even make it to #10...
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    Those are some excellent points but judging by the quality of music 50 has been putting out since GRODT he will need a lot of help, at least 6 tracks from Dre, 3 from Em, a classic verse or hook from both, A few classic verses from Banks and a hell of a ghost writer. Anybody got Gillie the Kid's number

Cmon man, I appreciate good humor but this falls flat. 50 obviously isn't going that route...and Gillie the Kid? 50 has never needed a ghostwriter (cue industry conspiracy theorists) but still has fans and non-fans alike talking. Say what you mean bro.

50 needs a ghostwriter, gillie was a corny joke, but he need that other ? to happen. IMO
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I never copped anything G-Unit. He never made a dime off me. However G-Unit was a fad, just like Murder Inc, Cash Money, No Limit, Ruff Ryders etc they never last very long. ? are bound to fall off, its all about quality material and 50 made some decent stuff. He's not chic today, no surprise there considering he's been in the game what 10 years?

Cash money has been shining since 1999. They outlasted everyone you listed and survived huge roster changes

Back on topic: 50 is good for some heat from time to time. I dont mind his r&b tracks he does. He burned too many bridges. His best hope is to have a single with an r&b chick or join the Illuminati. No one is really selling platinum cd's these days besides Jay, Em and young money

I would love a banks/50 collab album. that would be great for the core g-unit fans
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited July 2012
    Options
    when u make ya whole career outta BEEF ya career will neva end well & woodface is seein that now imean i know his ego gotta b hurt watchin his 2 cross dressin b0$$ez ? dre & feminem basically sayin woodface ya a MUUUUNKEE & we r doin collaboz wit people u dont like cuz u r a BABOOn imean ? dre on RICK ROSS album provez woodface is no longer a force n hiphop hez BEAT cuz that is like da biggest slap n da face eva...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 that ? . album will be fire just like every single music project hes released
  • GeE-757
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    50 that ? . album will be fire just like every single music project hes released

lol@ this cracka....
  • Kairo
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    when u make ya whole career outta BEEF ya career will neva end well & woodface is seein that now imean i know his ego gotta b hurt watchin his 2 cross dressin b0$$ez ? dre & feminem basically sayin woodface ya a MUUUUNKEE & we r doin collaboz wit people u dont like cuz u r a BABOOn imean ? dre on RICK ROSS album provez woodface is no longer a force n hiphop hez BEAT cuz that is like da biggest slap n da face eva...

Haha, Gee I know i've needlessly talked ? to you in the past but this post is hilarious. I would've GOAT'd and Lol'd but I could only choose one. You don't see a problem with Dre being on Ross' album tho?

• GeE-757
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Kairo wrote: »
    Haha, Gee I know i've needlessly talked ? to you in the past but this post is hilarious. I would've GOAT'd and Lol'd but I could only choose one. You don't see a problem with Dre being on Ross' album tho?

lol@ u...& nah i dont care if dre is on ross album cuz that ? just provez woodface is no longer a force or relevant n hiphop so it is wat it is..
  • Kairo
    Options
    Haha @ Woodface. Ross definitely won that battle in terms of sales. I'm geeked over GFID, i'll keep checking for 50 but his buzz isn't even woodshop class worthy, he's underground now four shore.
  • GeE-757
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Kairo...u gotta look @ it like this y do u think DRE is @ ross birthday party & doin a trak wit him & LLOYD BLANKZ is n da club buyin a MMG artist(MEEK MILL) sum ROZAAAAAAAAAy n da club? cuz WOODFACE LOST! rozay really xposed how really weak woodface is by da way he crush;d woodface & da gggggay-unit cuz da only 1 now that could probably hang wit da CORE of MMG(ross, meek mill & wale) is WOODFACE sell wize everybody else n da ggggay-unit has been CRUSH'D! i cant wait 2 hear GFID but u might b waitin 4eva 2 hear a nu woodface album cuz that ? is lookin like DETOX lol
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye u fanboys are woat first u luv him then u hate em
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    aye u fanboys are woat first u luv him then u hate em

That is how fragile this community is according to this forum if you did'nt start popping in the 90's your ass!
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody gives a ? about 50 cent

nobodys checkin for his music, his whole style, from the lyrics, flow, production, everything....is outdated and irrelevant

Thats why his label isnt supporting him, dude has enough money to promote his own ? , he's a ? household name, if he cant do it then it cant be done
  • GeE-757
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Nobody gives a ? about 50 cent

nobodys checkin for his music, his whole style, from the lyrics, flow, production, everything....is outdated and irrelevant

Thats why his label isnt supporting him, dude has enough money to promote his own ? , he's a ? household name, if he cant do it then it cant be done

BINGO...? AZZ DRE & FEMINEM is enuff proof that folkz is tired of woodface muuuunkee biznizz thatz y both of them is workin wit people woodface dont like..that whole woodface bad guy/bully role is a GIMMICK that got old quick fast & n a hurry like J said itz only so long a FAKE thug can pretend..& u made a good point woodface got all that money & cant put out a album wheneva & sell no recordz so if he cant do it nobody can help him out lol...
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrbootleg wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I never copped anything G-Unit. He never made a dime off me. However G-Unit was a fad, just like Murder Inc, Cash Money, No Limit, Ruff Ryders etc they never last very long. ? are bound to fall off, its all about quality material and 50 made some decent stuff. He's not chic today, no surprise there considering he's been in the game what 10 years?

Cash money has been shining since 1999. They outlasted everyone you listed and survived huge roster changes

Back on topic: 50 is good for some heat from time to time. I dont mind his r&b tracks he does. He burned too many bridges. His best hope is to have a single with an r&b chick or join the Illuminati. No one is really selling platinum cd's these days besides Jay, Em and young money

I would love a banks/50 collab album. that would be great for the core g-unit fans

What bridges???
  • GeE-757
    Options
    lol@ wat bridgez??? HMMMM letz c JIMMY IOVINE, ? DRE, PUFF, J , NAS & da list goes on woodface baboon azz put himself n a BOX!
  • SecondChanceBro
    Options
    @mrbootleg Lil Wayne survived and outlasted some ? and put CMR on his back.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Bpajx1Crj0Q

i like who sheek xposed how da baboon is mo about stuntz like wit da internet ? trickin on sloppy 2ndz & ? cartoonz but katz like rozay make MUSIK...that is wat hurt da baboon boo boo made his career outta beef & 4got that this is HIPHOP MUSIK not no muuuunkee show....