Murs is ?

Options
loch121
loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Reason
He got a video talking about ? rights and kissing a man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwTSPcNSi40&feature=player_embedded#!

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If it takes a shock thread to promote good music, then I'm all for it…

Murs however, has a wife.

*EDIT* Yes, I watched the video. Yes Murs kissed another man. Yes, he still has a wife (as far as I'm aware). Yes, he was acting (as he stated, see below post for interview quote).

It's dope that Murs spoke out from a straight perspective about an issue that some people still have with the ? community. I think it's a nicely penned track; story-telling at its best.
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    If it takes a shock thread to promote good music, then I'm all for it…

Murs however, has a wife.
    There are other ways to shock than this
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I was ? when I saw this thread like ? man murs is ? too? cause im such a fan of dude. Good thing it was a shock thread.
  • loch121
    Options
    @azad not a shock thread.Dude kissed that dude at the very end
  • loch121
    Options
    @ruffdraft did you watch that video?He kissed a man
  • monolithic
    monolithic Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    well damn! he did kiss a Man... On the Lips! where do straight ? do that?
  • loch121
    Options
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

I watched the video, it was dope.

Murs has already spoken out about it though:
    MURS wrote:
    "I don't know, man. On this record, I'm trying to bring the Hip Hop community up with me. I'm concerned about how the world feels about the homosexual community. Obviously, I'm concerned about Hip Hop - we've got to start [making changes], but I want that song to touch people outside of the community. I made "Dark Skinned White Girls," and a lot of people [responded thankfully with the recognition]. There's a lot of ? people who probably feel out of place or feel like no one cares, and I think it's good when it comes from someone [who is different]. "Okay. He's not just saying that 'cause he's ? too. This is a straight person sayin' it 'cause he's tryin' to understand me" - even if I didn't get it right. I don't know how the ? community is gonna react. I'm more worried about that, to tell you the truth, than how the Hip Hop community is gonna react. If I can make straight people be kinder to ? people, I guess that's a bi-product [of my intentions in writing the song]. (Hip Hop DX)

In other words, he was acting and is speaking about the issue at hand from the perspective of a straight person. He says he's anxious at how the ? community will react to it. But I think he's done it right. Dope metaphor at the end.

I think the video is well directed and the relationship shown between the two people is believable. It's a nice challenge to the community as a whole and I think that as a story telling track, it's better than most.
  • loch121
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    I watched the video, it was dope.

Murs has already spoken out about it though:
    MURS wrote:
    "I don't know, man. On this record, I'm trying to bring the Hip Hop community up with me. I'm concerned about how the world feels about the homosexual community. Obviously, I'm concerned about Hip Hop - we've got to start [making changes], but I want that song to touch people outside of the community. I made "Dark Skinned White Girls," and a lot of people [responded thankfully with the recognition]. There's a lot of ? people who probably feel out of place or feel like no one cares, and I think it's good when it comes from someone [who is different]. "Okay. He's not just saying that 'cause he's ? too. This is a straight person sayin' it 'cause he's tryin' to understand me" - even if I didn't get it right. I don't know how the ? community is gonna react. I'm more worried about that, to tell you the truth, than how the Hip Hop community is gonna react. If I can make straight people be kinder to ? people, I guess that's a bi-product [of my intentions in writing the song]. (Hip Hop DX)

In other words, he was acting and is speaking about the issue at hand from the perspective of a straight person. He says he's anxious at how the ? community will react to it. But I think he's done it right. Dope metaphor at the end.

I think the video is well directed and the relationship shown between the two people is believable. It's a nice challenge to the community as a whole and I think that as a story telling track, it's better than most.

If you do something on camera you still did it.I ain't feeling that ?
  • loch121
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    smh....with all the ? wrong with the community, why do ? feel it so important to "speak out" and " deliver a message" with this ? ? .?? ? are pushy as hell with this agenda. ? who ever try to insinuate something wrong wit me for not "embracing" and "accepting" doo-doo chasing ? jockeys. That being said, I never like Murs any ? way. One of them rappity rap ? with minimal soul to superficially "deep" content.

LOL at ? jockeys
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    smh....with all the ? wrong with the community, why do ? feel it so important to "speak out" and " deliver a message" with this ? ? .?? ? are pushy as hell with this agenda. ? who ever try to insinuate something wrong wit me for not "embracing" and "accepting" doo-doo chasing ? jockeys. That being said, I never like Murs any ? way. One of them rappity rap ? with minimal soul to superficially "deep" content.

thats how you know there is an agenda at play. why is this the trendy thing to do now? we as a community still haven't put the drug culture behind us, there are more brothas in prison than brothas who were slaves in 1870, there is a problem with the inner city educational system as well.

but we got emcee's speaking out for people who choose to ? with the same gender as themselves?
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You know what, that was a pretty good song, Imma keep it 100. No I didn't agree with the kiss but he was acting out a character. One thing I like about Murs music is that he always tells a story. This was brave and all but I think the video (seeing that its an issue that does happen in real life) also points out that homosexuality is definitely a mental sickness as it was originally in the DSM before 1972. I listened to this podcast on what led to them taking Homosexuality out of the DSM in 1973.
    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/204/81-words

edit: this is the transcript to the podcast above http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/204/transcript

Now we look at today of which it is a full blown lifestyle and now they are forcing it onto straight heterosexuals like they want it to be a standard. I'll say this, if you're ? , do you. But don't ever force it on other people, its disrespectful. If you turning ? (and this goes both male and female) just to fit in or join into a trend, fail! I'm not against ? rights, but know your history. Its not really civil rights, because unless you've told someone, people wouldn't even know you are ? , like how Murs character on the video was a closet homosexual. If you go through a life-changing event in your life that results in your decision, its understandable too. But all and all, IMO its not normal or natural, and its really a sexual identity disorder that should be talked about to your psychiatrist.
  • Beware
    Beware Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭
    Options
    wow im a murs fan but i didnt really check for his last project so i missed this! this took a shitload of ? !
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Not gonna call him ? cause I dont know the dude but that scene was ? AS ? lol that is all. Not a big fan anyway
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the bar has already been set with weak minded, prison-fuckable ass wimps who accepted the birdman/wayne kissing ? so this ? will at best be ignored but more than likely, at worst, applauded. ? tryna champion ? rights like black folks civil rights really exist...smh. priority ? ...priority. them ? 'll be allrite. i dont even know how such a non-issue has gained such relevance. nobody knows who youre ? unless theyre present or you broadcast it- ? or hetero. ? we running outta clean water and air... and this ? is part of a "needed change"? GTFOH. if a ? wanna suck weinies and people around him dont like that ? , then be around different people gotdammit. hetero or ? ...? and sucking is a small as part of life in proportion...there are way better "causes" to champion. This ? just tired of being an top tier b-lister so he kissed a ? to kiss the ? of the sodomite gods of the industry.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ thinking you're being asked to accept someone else's sexuality.

If someone's convinced that there's nothing wrong with them, what would they need approval for?
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a nice story but that don't make the dude ? . Plenty of actors kiss that don't don't make anyone ? . If he was ? and kissed a girl would he be straight again? How is ? an illness? How do you cure it? I don't care what you do I just don't like seeing the flamboyant ones
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this ? ? this is going to far
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Lol @ thinking you're being asked to accept someone else's sexuality.

If someone's convinced that there's nothing wrong with them, what would they need approval for?
    lol@ you thinking you made a clever point but really contradicting reality

IF ACCEPTANCE AINT THE GOAL..then why do ? chant "we're here, we're ? " "get used to it"?. people who draw attention to themselves seek approval. parades, legal ? marriage and ? activism are attempts at forced acceptance. dont try to warp some basic human psychology ? to fit in that ? bag.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    you ? caping for a man kissing a man or ? and there are many places on earth where u would get yo ass beat where u stand for such blatant fruitiness. do some push-ups or something you moist ass ?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    idgaf...aint no 100% straight man gone champion no ? ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Murs fan here...

Cannot agree with the concept or the point he is trying to make..

Did not watch the ? ? .