Options

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you go from Roxy Reynolds to kissing another man.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    @ruffdraft did you watch that video?He kissed a man
    I watched the video, it was dope.

Murs has already spoken out about it though:
    MURS wrote:
    "I don't know, man. On this record, I'm trying to bring the Hip Hop community up with me. I'm concerned about how the world feels about the homosexual community. Obviously, I'm concerned about Hip Hop - we've got to start [making changes], but I want that song to touch people outside of the community. I made "Dark Skinned White Girls," and a lot of people [responded thankfully with the recognition]. There's a lot of ? people who probably feel out of place or feel like no one cares, and I think it's good when it comes from someone [who is different]. "Okay. He's not just saying that 'cause he's ? too. This is a straight person sayin' it 'cause he's tryin' to understand me" - even if I didn't get it right. I don't know how the ? community is gonna react. I'm more worried about that, to tell you the truth, than how the Hip Hop community is gonna react. If I can make straight people be kinder to ? people, I guess that's a bi-product [of my intentions in writing the song]. (Hip Hop DX)

In other words, he was acting and is speaking about the issue at hand from the perspective of a straight person. He says he's anxious at how the ? community will react to it. But I think he's done it right. Dope metaphor at the end.

I think the video is well directed and the relationship shown between the two people is believable. It's a nice challenge to the community as a whole and I think that as a story telling track, it's better than most.

If you do something on camera you still did it.I ain't feeling that ?

Like @Say What said, actors and actresses have been doing this for years. Murs puts his all into his projects and has created some success as part of that; he's one of the best story-tellers in today's day and age of hip hoppers and he's only B-listed as people continue to listen to ? , flavourless music. At least Murs is discussing real issues, be it gun play to same sex marriages. That's more hip hop than a lot of these other artists.

People are forgetting he's the same artist that created this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdM1KN4u20
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caping for a ? who kissed another ? ??????? smh man ? is getting even crazier
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And the ? got a shirt that says "legalize ? ".....really? you ? really accepting this ? and this ? ass song?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah don't get my point twisted. The over the top flamboyant advertising of homosexuality with rainbows, commercials, and parades is dumb ? ... Only because it's not in response to anything. There are no organizedanti-homosexual movements out here trying to keep homosexuals down.

There's nothing to accept or approve of because it's nothing out of the ordinary. Homosexuality and heterosexuality have always co-existed whether it was discussed openly or not.

People that think they are in a position to approve of someone else's sexuality are just as misinformed as the people begging to have their sexuality accepted.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [quote="vageneral08;4644688"]And the ? got a shirt that says "legalize ? ".....really? you ? really accepting this ? and this ? ass song?[/quote]

WTF!!!
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    ? Cops
    Sell ?
    Devil worship/cannibalize
    Be in the mob wit an Italian name
    Wear shiny suits
    Rock ice/throwbacks and have spinners
    Claim Blood
    Dont rhyme while wearing hoodies
    Say anything , then put swagg at the end of it
    Pretend to be "initiated"

now,
    the in thing to do is embrace the ? community
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    ?
    ? Cops
    Sell ?
    Devil worship/cannibalize
    Be in the mob wit an Italian name
    Wear shiny suits
    Rock ice/throwbacks and have spinners
    Claim Blood
    Dont rhyme while wearing hoodies
    Say anything , then put swagg at the end of it
    Pretend to be "initiated"

now,
    the in thing to do is embrace the ? community

you dead right on that.

and for this to be the new trend it's obvious that hip hop isn't speaking for hip hop.

if hip hop is the voice of it's people, there are far more serious topics to speak on at this point in time.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    the bar has already been set with weak minded, prison-fuckable ass wimps who accepted the birdman/wayne kissing ? so this ? will at best be ignored but more than likely, at worst, applauded. ? tryna champion ? rights like black folks civil rights really exist...smh. priority ? ...priority. them ? 'll be allrite. i dont even know how such a non-issue has gained such relevance. nobody knows who youre ? unless theyre present or you broadcast it- ? or hetero. ? we running outta clean water and air... and this ? is part of a "needed change"? GTFOH. if a ? wanna suck weinies and people around him dont like that ? , then be around different people gotdammit. hetero or ? ...? and sucking is a small as part of life in proportion...there are way better "causes" to champion. This ? just tired of being an top tier b-lister so he kissed a ? to kiss the ? of the sodomite gods of the industry.

I agree with everything except for the last sentence
  • traestar
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    It was a nice story but that don't make the dude ? . Plenty of actors kiss that don't don't make anyone ? . If he was ? and kissed a girl would he be straight again? How is ? an illness? How do you cure it? I don't care what you do I just don't like seeing the flamboyant ones

http://cssronline.org/CSSR/Archival/2001/Nicolosi_71-78.pdf
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • traestar
    Options
    I'll say another thing, if they "legalize" ? rights like ? marriage, what purpose does that really serve?

If you want to get married, get married but IMO I just feel these ? activists are asking for attention!!
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say
  • young_reezy
    Options
    ^^^ The reason they stopped treating it as a mental illness was because it wasn't working. Homosexual behavior also happens in the wild. That was something from a church I know what they gonna say

cannibalism also happens in the wild, so does leaving your young to fend for themselves, hypothetically speaking if every human being was ? , the human race would cease to exist, unless you're talkin un-natural lab births.
  • Say What
    Options

cannibalism also happens in the wild, so does leaving your young to fend for themselves, hypothetically speaking if every human being was ? , the human race would cease to exist, unless you're talkin un-natural lab births.

WTF are you talking about? Thats illegal but some small tribes around the world still practice. The thing is people say homosexuality is not natural but when it is a normal thing in nature what do you call it?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • traestar
    Options

Speaking of the church, I wonder why they haven't spoke on that...shoot with all of these ? cases with the priests and other church individuals, if they are so strong against it, why aren't they saying anything about it?

And peep the podcast when you get a chance, what wasn't working from what I was hearing was when these GAYPA activists were protesting to take that category out of the DSM, there were people who tried to fight against them but failed. There was no strong defense to keep it in the DSM plus they started to use statistics against them.

• young_reezy
    Options

WTF are you talking about? Thats illegal but some small tribes around the world still practice. The thing is people say homosexuality is not natural but when it is a normal thing in nature what do you call it?

some people still leave their children to fend for themselves also, just like you stated some small tribes still practice cannibalism, my point is it's an anomoly. if it's natural show me two people of the same sex who birthed a child.

i'll wait.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do not care, was to get people to talk about it, good for him.
  • Say What
    Options
    Yes it is different. You change your points in one sentence its not the norm then you say its counterproductive. We also have trannys that are anomalies and what about straight people that cant have children.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    idgaf...aint no 100% straight man gone champion no ? ?

One of the most idiotic things I have ever heard in my life. So you HAVE to be a homosexual to think that ? deserve to be treated like everyone else? Its ok thought ? like you are in the minority just like the old racists and bigots from the Jim Crowe era.
  • young_reezy
    Options
    Yes it is different. You change your points in one sentence its not the norm then you say its counterproductive. We also have trannys that are anomalies and what about straight people that cant have children.

i'ma say it again since we covered a few things and maybe my point got twisted.

show me two people of the same sex who birthed a child if this is natural.

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'ma say it again since we covered a few things and maybe my point got twisted.

show me two people of the same sex who birthed a child if this is natural.

Your making the assumption that the only reason two people ? or straight get together is to have kids.
  • Say What
    Options
    Technically to trannys can have kids and depending on how they identify themselves.......... I get your point but theres a lot of crazy things can happen in nature