I Catch Myself Talkin To Kids Like They Grown N Sh*t....

Options
A1000MILES
A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
No ? bear...

Just today, my lil nephew saw me talkin to my homegirl...Said "Unc that's yo girlfriend?"...I was like "Naw, I wanna smash though"...Lol, my aunt gave me that old black woman look of disapproval...But I say/do ? like that all the time around kids as if it's appropriate...I'd be a goat/woat parent...

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 child services is called
  • A1000MILES
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i talk to my son like that sometime but i realized i had to stop once his favorite phrase became whats popping ma ?
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    ^^^ Haha...Lol @ yo son tellin you he ain't clean his room cause he was kickin it wit the ? ...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember my lil cousin tellin me he had 2 girlfriends in the 4th grade even tho he was in the 3rd, I accidently said, "You ain't got no ? ." This snitch yells "ooooooh, Will said a cuss word." Her moms called me to the back and cussed me out for like 10 min...
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to do that when I was younger....now I talk to them lil mofos like my father used to talk to me..... "Boy if u don't sit yo ass down I know something"
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nah I watch myself nah mean.The last time I talked to a kid like an adult I was moved how smart kids are and I stopped it.Kids noticed every ? thing but they don´t show it.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These lil ? grown anyway..sooner u show em wats real, the better..

Treating a kid like a kid sets em up for failure
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol.. thats the only way to talk to them..

i dont baby babies..
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be mad if I were his mama..smh.

I waste good sarcasm though, kids take things so literally.

why be mad?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I support ts but at the same time he's ? if he has a daughter.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My homeboy taught his 3yr old to always introduce himself as "my name is TJ and I get money".

Its funny, but gotta admit it's pretty niggerish. lol
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad sight all around here
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Hahahahaha...

Officer: "What's your name son? Why are you out on the corner this time of night?"

TJ: "My name is TJ and I'm gettin money!"
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    you gotta start these lil ? off young .... let em know this life is real .... turn that punk ass barney off ...give em a qp and tellum to "bring back double"
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL!! Things has changed nowadays man. I was raised where when grown folks are talkin bizness, we left the room. When grown folks are watching grown folks movies, we left the room. Us watchin Rated-R movies was forbidden.

But now, folks nowadays talk to kids any kinda way. No filter. Smh.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I try and watch what I say but some ? just slip out, nothing major though.

You suppose to treat kids like kids. Thats why these new lil ? and ? is out of control. Talking back and not listening cuz they think they know every ? thing. They ain't got no code of honor with them. Always in somebody else business and ? up the game that our predecessors worked so hard to establish.

• God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    This is where the community begans it's downward spiral.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    This is where the community begans it's downward spiral.
    Word word.And people think it´s funny.Kids aint adults b.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    These lil ? grown anyway..sooner u show em wats real, the better..

Treating a kid like a kid sets em up for failure

wow...really?
    listening to advice like this ,a grown up will know you still think like a kid
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Options
    my little cousin from miami is visiting for a lil bit the other day i rolled a blunt at my moms house in my room thats there when i come, i put that ? in my ear cause thats what i do at home i forgot i wasnt at my spot he sees that ?
    him:whats thats in your ear a otter pop
    me: naw I'm about to get high
    HIm: whats that
    i realized i was talking to a little ? about 30 secs after my response like ? why did i say that hahaha.
    me: dont worry about it, something for adults get out of my face go play video games
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I have to stop myself at times from talking to my 3 year old nephew like he's an adult but I swear he'll just say some real ? sometimes...I'll NEVER forget it was last winter and my brother and I were at his house chiling and out of nowhere my nephew who was still 2 at the time walks in the room and says "Daddy, did you remember to pay the phone bill today"...we both looked like "How in the hell did he know that"
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @pralims..Yeah really.. Your just going by an open statement..

Nowhere in my post did I condone disrespect and lack of manners..

Shield your kids from reality.. Mine are being prepared to survive on their own.. Has nothing to do with me thinking like a child... It has everything to do with the system designed to set ppl up for failure.. America eats its babies and I'll be damned if I raise my kids up to be drones and I refuse to shelter and try to hide life from my kids..

There's a difference between letting kids run wild and allowing them to view the world through realistic eyes..

You let your kid color in coloring books and I encourage mine to write books.. Thats the difference
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    @pralims..Yeah really.. Your just going by an open statement..

Nowhere in my post did I condone disrespect and lack of manners..

Shield your kids from reality.. Mine are being prepared to survive on their own.. Has nothing to do with me thinking like a child... It has everything to do with the system designed to set ppl up for failure.. America eats its babies and I'll be damned if I raise my kids up to be drones and I refuse to shelter and try to hide life from my kids..

There's a difference between letting kids run wild and allowing them to view the world through realistic eyes..

You let your kid color in coloring books and I encourage mine to write books.. Thats the difference

One kid could grow to be an artist, the other a writer...doesn't make one method better than the other