In the new movie DJANGO UNCHAINED Jamie Foxx is called THE N WORD approximately 159 times.

Options
124»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Its time for us to admit Quentin Tarantino might just be a racist. ? , supposedly even Denzel confronted him about it once on one of his movie sets. I know this movie is about slavery and stuff, but this dude seems like the kind of CAC that loves being around his black 'friends' so he has an excuse to say ? .

159 times though.Anyone that has been on a play or done some writing knows that 159 times is a lot for a 1h30.

? at every 11 minutes or so lol.Yo you know some white people are going to spill that N word in the theaters and laugh it out.

I'm almost certain most black folks say ? plenty of times a day now...during slavery 159 times ain't ?
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Its time for us to admit Quentin Tarantino might just be a racist. ? , supposedly even Denzel confronted him about it once on one of his movie sets. I know this movie is about slavery and stuff, but this dude seems like the kind of CAC that loves being around his black 'friends' so he has an excuse to say ? .

Exactly! Tarantino is so racist that he had RZA score the "? Bill" movies, then took him under his wing and taught him how to direct movies, and produced the RZA's film "The Man with the Iron Fists." That racist mother ? .
    would you consider a slave master a racist??
    what is the point of being a slave master??
    how close did a slave master live to his slaves??

after answering this. you honestly think that QT did those things because he's friends with black ppl or was it just business??

does a racist korean store owner ever move his business out of the black community???

im not even saying that QT is racist. im not even up on dude all like that. but got damn cuzzin. atleast have some better logic to run with LOL

Did the Master pay his slaves or enable them to be in the position to better themselves?

Does the racist korean store owner put money back into the hood? Or is he just out for self?

Do I think that it is cool that QT uses the word ? ? No. But I don't think that it's cool for rappers to lace their lyrics with ? either. I think that QT is one of those white boys that thinks because he hangs around black people hat it's cool to say ? . This is flawed logic and ignorant but not racist. His actions outside of using the word ? in his films are not those of what I would consider racist.

Here it is a description of the relationship between the two straight from RZA's mouth.

vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2012/07/rza-the-man-with-the-iron-fists-quentin-tarantino-russell-crowe-interview

When did you realize that you were ready to direct your movie?

RZA: As a music producer, I was able to do a lot of music for a lot of people, including Quentin Tarantino on ? Bill. I saw what he was doing and I was artistically drawn to it. I actually asked him, “Can I be your student?” And he said, “Sure.” He wanted to learn some things about music so we exchanged knowledge. He allowed me to come to the set of ? Bill in Beijing. I flew to Beijing with my own money. I sat there for about a month watching him film, watching [director of photography Bob Richardson] do all of his D.P. tricks. I would write down notes and ? . The funny thing is that years later, when I was making Iron Fists, Quentin comes to my movie set and he sits beside me and he says, “Bobby, look: You started here [motions with his hand] and now you are here [raises his hand]. The student has now grown up.”

".....When I felt I was ready, I went back to Quentin and told him I thought I was ready to direct a film. He told me that he thought I was ready too, so then Eli Roth and I hooked up and we talked about my movie. He thought that the story was great, but he said that a screenplay is so important in Hollywood that if you step into a room without a proper screenplay, people won’t be able to envision your movie properly. I had never written a screenplay, so he said, “I can help you.” So we sat there and we wrote this screenplay together. It took a year. We were Skyping each other and writing next to each other [at] other times. We finally got it together, and I did a table read with my family. They all thought it was great at the table read. So then I went and tried to sell it." 

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So QT can try to keep his movies grimey and reflective the reality in which they are said except for when it comes to the use of the word "? ." Come on ya'll are being silly. His movies are over the top in everything. And it's not like he has random people just saying the word for the hell of it. The usage always makes sense in the context of the movie. This movies is about a slave going around killing white people. What do you expect he'd be called back then?
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    "? you, you black ass African American!"

Nah. Doesn't work to well. Especially in a slavery setting.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This is nothing new for a Tarantino movie.....maybe overkill by his standards, but given the movie is about slavery I'm not surprised. Anybody whose watched his movies has probably heard the n-word thrown around w/ reckless abandon. I'll definitely watch before forming an opinion though.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankly, I'm a bit more annoyed by the use of the White Messiah trope than the n-word. Using "? " excessively in a movie set during this period is acceptable, but for once, it would be nice to have a black protagonist who didn't need their hand held by a white person.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is a time period were blacks were bought and sold.. I doubt there language towards blacks and about blacks was better than there treatment of blacks
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is a time period were blacks were bought and sold.. I doubt there language towards blacks and about blacks was better than there treatment of blacks

Name a time in americn history where Blacks aren't bought and sold.

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    i think inglorious basterds was the only tarantino movie where "? " wasn't said. but i could be wrong.

yep you are. Filmmaker who made nation's pride was at the table talking about the olympics and how the americans won on the account of "? sweat"

It's funny no matter what language they speaking...you can hear "? " clear as ? day even in their own accents without any subtitles needed or translation...

yeah you're right. now i remember seeing that and being like "ok tarantino - you managed to sneak a '? ' into the dialogue of a ww2 movie set in france?'

i'm not a sensitive guy or anything but that pattern he's established is pretty hard to ignore.

• Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no ? given, stop giving power to the word IMO. Im kicking someones ass if its said directly @ me though by anyone who aint a ?
  • Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why does there always have to be a white man/woman trying to help?