The Official Dark Knight Rises Thread

Options

Comments

• Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    and batman telling gordon who he is was much better than when he told rachel

side note:.... that was the GOAT peoples elbow ever!
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You sir, are correct
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So I guess I am the only one that realized....
    ...When Batman fought Bane the first time and Bane hit him in the face and broke Batman's mask -- The ? in his mask was shaped like the bat-logo and the small bruise below Bruce's left eye was also shaped like the bat logo...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd_lZYfHh4T3DlsdXqazD2uPo9CFQnQZZm2Jgu7ijDfVndflk5

*shrugs*
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what did bane end up wantin wayne fingerprints for? to do the exchange on wayne ent stocks?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still not liking the fact bane didnt become the huge bane like in the comics thats why i cant call this movie better than tdk because joker was truer to the comics than what bane was
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just seen it. Mind blown, this tops TDK by .2 % IMO. Bane was THAT ? and would have easily murked Joker.

I know it's a long shot, but I really hope they make more "Bat" films. I know personally Robin by himself won't draw enough people lol. They should have just gone the Batman Beyond route though. Great movie though!
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The only real difference from the comics is that Venom is now just a gas that is a painkiller that makes bane not feel pain vs it being a super steroid that makes him stronger.
    I actually prefer this version since it mirrors how people on amphetamines act.
    The stuff with Bruce getting back in shape to get out of the pit was cool too. When the bats came out right before he jumped was another great moment.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman trailer made my eyes water that inspirational talk about "standing in the light" man I am ? ready for that movie.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? with her sexy ass accent stay setting ? up...
    marion-cotillard-hot_pictures4_us_1.jpg

Tom Hardy killed this role as Bane, coming off of Ledgers performance as Joker it was almost being set up to fail. But he murked this ? so it was a great segue from one villain to another instead of a drop off.
    LOL @ this dude scarecrow being in all 3 of these movies.. "Exile or Death... well death by exile."
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Daggett: Where's Bane!?
    *turns corner to see Bane standing in the next room*
    Bane: Speak of the devil... and he shall appear.
    Dagget: Your operation at the stock exchange, it didn't work!
    Bane: Our plan is proceeding as scheduled
    Daggett: Then why am I not in control of Wayne Enterprises?
    *Bane motions to Stryver*
    Bane: Leave us.
    Daggett: No! Stay here, I'm in charge.
    Bane: *places hand on Daggetts shoulder* Do you feel in charge now?
    Daggett: I've paid you a small fortune.
    Bane: And this gives you..power over me?
    Daggett: What are you?
    Bane: I'm Gotham's reckoning, here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on.
    Daggett: You're evil.
    Bane: I am necessary evil.
    *Snaps Daggett's neck*

Tom-Hardy-Bane.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    This ? with her sexy ass accent stay setting ? up...
    marion-cotillard-hot_pictures4_us_1.jpg

Tom Hardy killed this role as Bane, coming off of Ledgers performance as Joker it was almost being set up to fail. But he murked this ? so it was a great segue from one villain to another instead of a drop off.
    LOL @ this dude scarecrow being in all 3 of these movies.. "Exile or Death... well death by exile."

Co-sign. Best decision WB made was not using a Joker-like villian in this one like Riddler or Penguin (as in "hyper" and bat-? crazy - pun intended.)

The actor would've been quickly labeled as trying to "out do Ledger" no matter how good they portrayed the character. Bane's laid back, Osama Bin Laden on steroids swag was the perfect follow-up to the Joker's hyper/insane character.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it last nite

It was a good film. Nothing too spectacular as the trailers tried to assume

I feel the 2nd film is the best out of the trilogy with the best villain as well (sometimes I just wanted Bane to ? in this film).

3/5

And Memento is still Nolan's best film IMO
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Exactly! Especially with everyone screaming for J.Depp to play Riddler. Perfect move for Batman to actually square up with a villain who is no nonsense and would truly give zero ? .

Cot damn if Bane and Joker were in the same movie.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Catwoman led Batman to Bane and the cage thing came down...Bane standin' with supreme swag...arrogantly strolled toward the Bat...Dope...Yeah I said it would have been better if he said his name was ? Grayson...or Jason Todd...But then non fans wouldn't have known...
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was on some GOAT status bravo bravo
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waited 4 years for this and it delivered.. words can not describe how much I love this ?

Thank you Nolan for giving us the best and most epic trilogy ever!!!
    I damn near cried when Alfred was crying and saying that he failed
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nolan needs to a static shock movie
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael caine/Alfred is such a good actor man...he ? killed that role...just wanting Bruce to be out of danger ,knowing bane was a beast lol... I wonder who is gonna continue the series cuz as of now he the only one holding it down for DC

Ready for Superman
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it better than Avengers?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers had a lotta humour and a surprisingly good script. This film was more on the wittier, bad-ass lean

And did anyone notice any similarities in both movies concerning certain superheroes carrying bombs away from their cities?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Exactly! Especially with everyone screaming for J.Depp to play Riddler. Perfect move for Batman to actually square up with a villain who is no nonsense and would truly give zero ? .

Cot damn if Bane and Joker were in the same movie.

Bane and the Joker would be dope...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Came back and saw it again in IMAX it is my favorite movie of the yeat this thus far.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Babaaa wrote: »
    Waited 4 years for this and it delivered.. words can not describe how much I love this ?

Thank you Nolan for giving us the best and most epic trilogy ever!!!
    I damn near cried when Alfred was crying and saying that he failed

Yeah, he had grown ass nikkas actin like they had something in their eyes in theatres all over the world. I kinda figured Caine would get a chance to really show off, 'cause he ain't no c-list actor. He's the real deal.

Plus it rings true 'cause the thing you have to remember about filthy rich kids is that their Nannies and Butlers were their *real* parents whether the parents die or not.

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bane had to be like 50 or 60 years old tho
    how old do you think talia had to be in the movie between 35-40 years old. Bane had to be between 25-30 years old when she was like 7 or 8 and in the prison so if shes like 35 its almost 30 years later.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    so did he break batman back?