RE-UP: Official 2011-2012 Chicago Bulls Thread

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    so instead of gettin better cuz rose and deng gonna be gone for the beginning of the year, these ? got worse smfh
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We went from the bench mob to not mention at all in a year and half SMFH. Im ? thank ? for football season.
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We went from the bench mob to not mention at all in a year and half SMFH. Im ? thank ? for football season.

Glad they got the deal done with Forte. Cutler and B.marshall should have a good year.Any word on Johnny Knox??? I would guess he done for.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Glad they got the deal done with Forte. Cutler and B.marshall should have a good year.Any word on Johnny Knox??? I would guess he done for.

I doubt Knox play this season, he go open the season on the physically unable to play list which puts him out the first six weeks
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

he out this year again but he should be back next year
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CHICAGO -- Omer Asik's days with the Chicago Bulls appear to be over.

While the organization still hasn't seen the offer sheet Asik has reportedly signed with the Houston Rockets, it seems they have decided to move on without him. A league source confirmed late Saturday night that the Bulls are on the verge of signing veteran center Nazr Mohammed.

While the deal hasn't become official yet, the New York Post reported early Sunday that Mohammed has decided to sign with the Bulls over the Brooklyn Nets and both teams have been notified about the decision.

Mohammed's addition almost certainly means that the Bulls will not match the three year, $25.1 million dollar offer sheet the Rockets gave Asik. The deal that the Rockets structured would have meant the Bulls would have been on the hook for an almost $15 million cap hit in the final year of the contract. The Bulls decided they did not want to take that type of financial hit given their current cap situation. Mohammed will likely be signed for the veteran's minimum.

Asik's departure would mean that forward Taj Gibson would be the final member of the Bulls' valued bench that remains on the team. Kyle Korver was dealt to the Atlanta Hawks last week for a trade exception. C.J. Watson's $3.2 million dollar option was not picked up and veteran swingman Ronnie Brewer was told the Bulls would not bring him back at his current salary of over $4 million. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported earlier in the week that John Lucas III was close to a deal with the Toronto Raptors. While Brewer still remains an option at a reduced salary, his return is questionable at best.

The Bulls signed veteran Vladimir Radmanovic earlier this week and will look to fill out the rest of the roster with minimum salaried players because of their reluctance to go deep into the luxury tax.

Mohammed, a 14-year veteran, is a Chicago native. He averaged three points and three rebounds a game last season for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8188428/source-chicago-bulls-close-signing-nazr-mohammed
    I just saw Nazr's brother Abu Baqar in the mosque on Friday too

• infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just keep telling myself it could be worse. That's all I can do lol.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? tanking...smh
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the heat thread was locked but this thread been open since the second round?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Marco Belinelli about to sign, should be a upgrade for a bench that didnt have any scorers
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marco Belinelli about to sign, should be a upgrade for a bench that didnt have any scorers

Agreed, they needed some kind of fire power to put up some points off the bench
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know it's summer league, but im glad Jimmy Butler has asserted himself on offensive going to the basket and essentially his all around game just gotta keep working on his jumper from deep. Butler is gonna get a prime opportunity at the beginning of the season with Deng gone.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is happening?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because of bulls defense...these ? will over-achieve/////
  • chi-guy
    Options
    Anybody see that article about the quote that Reinsdorf allegedly said about Baseball is american and Basketball is just a game. This was reported by SB Nation but I read it on the Ball Don't Lie Blog. Dude been a ? and cheapskate for years. He be pumping all that money into the White Sox and don't give 2 ? about the Bulls. He need to just sell the team
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »
    Anybody see that article about the quote that Reinsdorf allegedly said about Baseball is american and Basketball is just a game. This was reported by SB Nation but I read it on the Ball Don't Lie Blog. Dude been a ? and cheapskate for years. He be pumping all that money into the White Sox and don't give 2 ? about the Bulls. He need to just sell the team

I wish he would sell the team.Then we might get some help for Rose.I have never liked him since after the 98 season

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody lock this thread
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He did say he'd trade 6 of the bulls titles for one World Series title.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »

He didnt really say that, did he?
  • chi-guy
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    twizza 77 wrote: »

He didnt really say that, did he?

It seems that he did say that and then some. This stuff was all tweeted out from the white sox twiiter account and was attibuted as being direct quotes to him. After people starting replying and reporting on it, they deleted it. I read something today where they were trying to get a comment about it but they wouldn't talk about it
  • chi-guy
    Options

I wish he would sell the team.Then we might get some help for Rose.I have never liked him since after the 98 season

After that 98 season, it's like his ego just blew the ? up. He really think that he and Krause were the rockstars and anchors of those championship teams. And what's sad to me is that he promotes the Bulls off those 6 titles while surrounding Derrick with bums this season. I'm sure alot of people will be happy the day the team is out of his hands and I will definitely be one of them
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    yeah......those ? owners ? me off in 1998 b/c jordan.....rodman...pip...phil were hoping to come back in 1999....it would have been interesting to see bulls win 4 straight
  • chi-guy
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    yeah......those ? owners ? me off in 1998 b/c jordan.....rodman...pip...phil were hoping to comeback in 1999....itm would have been interesting to see bulls win 4 straight

That's when I think alot of fans realized just how full of ? Bulls ownership was. I think they definitely had a hance to get that 4th straight title and the egos of Krause and Reinsdorf ? it all away.

This Bulls roster that we have now seems like it's put together for salary cap reasons and not to compete. But I wouldn't be surprised if this team did a solid job while Derrick's out and the management will continue to NOT make moves that will make the team better.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest I don't know why their clearing space for 2014 when they've never been committed to bringing in top talent. Aldridge (who shouldve never been traded in the 1st place), Melo, and Love will be available that year. I can almost guarantee that Reinsdorf finds a way to strije out on all of them.

Remember in 2000 when everbody "knew" T Mac and Eddie Jones was coming to Chi but they both passed because of Reinsdoofus reputation of handling the organization? SMH, I see the same thing happening in '14.
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nate Robinson is joining the bulls..