Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I know I spelled his name wrong didn't feel like looking it up

nah, I didn't know he came in at 143
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MSOI wrote: »
    No , it's different when u come in the ring weighing 148 against a 130 pounder compared to fighting guys thats use to the 140 division , he's doing the right thing by taking small steps
    Even so, his skill level >>> fighting guys at 140. He already said he is going to 135 but I cant realistically see him taking more than a couple of fights before he heads to 140 and eventually 147 since those weight classes are where all the money is :tu

i never said he wasn't going to 140 , i was saying jumping from 130 to 140 right away dont make much sense to me, especially a real young fighter ..just keep developing your all around game ...the $ will be there for u if u really nice like that
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Broner is too talented. Great all around talent. Who at 140 can touch him?

Khan? No
    Peterson? No
    Garcia? Hell no
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol Broner is too talented. Great all around talent. Who at 140 can touch him?

Khan? No
    Peterson? No
    Garcia? Hell no

doubt he'd fight pete

but you're assuming he carries his power up and your not considering the the size advantage he'd be giving up
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    The size advantage argument may be true for a lot of fighters.. but not Broner. His speed and punching power is amazing... he could literally go to 140 today and be the best fighter in thr division.

^^^Big claim I know but this guy is very very talented
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^
    you reachin bro, 140 division is packed with talent
  • R.D.
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    you reachin bro, 140 division is packed with talent
    lol cosign

he'd go to 140 and get his head knocked off

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ co-sign.....but I also think he might as well move up in weight. He's naturally that size anyways, plus his lack of focus to make a lighter weight. But o agree he's still to "green" to think he'll have an easy time against a solid hundred n forty pounder ( & I mean solid as in skill wise)
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    People put to.much emphasis on 5 pounds yo.

The 140 pounders arent too big for Broner.
  • R.D.
    Options
    if broner can weigh 130 and can come in damn near 150 on fight night...how big you think maidana and matthysse coming in the ring ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i still dont like dude.

i love boxing an hate when ppl take it for granted.....matter of fact i hate anyone who takes anything for granted.

this man has alot of potential an needs to stay focused.

yes his after fight antics can be annoying.. i dont mind that...but not making weight an not even caring about it....man fukk dude....just go up in WC then.

an can everyone please stop comparing him to floyd.
    floyd has been tested against some of the best...and came out on top...an when his chin was touched he went into another gear....lets see when broner does when in the same situation.

he seems to me someone that is all talk an hype until the waters get deep for a few rounds. he ego will take a hit more than anything and that willl be his downfall...
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    the 140 discussion is not about his weight but about the fact that this division is stronger. he might naturally fit better in there but like @ghost said he is just to green to mess with the top fighters in that wc. 135 is a lot weaker he can go straight to the top there.

@pralims
    i read somewhere broner never wanted to fight escobedo at 130 from the start but they insisted on it...guess he got what he wanted in the end
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i read that broner had big time ratings for his fight the other day
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? broner when floyd get out?
  • ghost!
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ^^ man i know floyd in prison like ubpyo.gif @ what he's seen since he's let. There aint nobody worth him fighting for a payday right now

and another mistake i seen Broner makes, he keeps his mouth open alot....f around he gonna find out what Ortiz found out about keeping your mouth open when u box.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    i like broner but im not sold on him until he fights a top 10 guy with somewhat of a name until then the jury is still out
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    i like broner but im not sold on him until he fights a top 10 guy with somewhat of a name until then the jury is still out

for me its not just even his opponents..

its what are promoters gonna think of him if he keeps making mistakes and acting careless and unprofessional

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I dont liker broners antics, hes an excellent boxer but you know how many boxers acted careless and unprofessional and are in the HOF.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    broner got that ice tho lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I dont liker broners antics, hes an excellent boxer but you know how many boxers acted careless and unprofessional and are in the HOF.

lets throw some names out there bruh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    broner got that ice tho lol

ok...lets see him take on the big names an keep the ice....

carelessness is a part of who he is....an i am sure its just a matter of time before it shows in the ring
  • ghost!
    edited July 2012
    Options

and for every careless and unprofessional (dont know how many) that are in the HOF..

we have zab juda

and prince Naseem Hamed (too cocky)

imager.php?id=3974305&t=o
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    zab judah will get yet another shot at a title i bet!smh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    zab judah will get yet another shot at a title i bet!smh

but he had to get himself together.....

til this day i still will say that zab had all the tools to beat mayweather...but he wasnt mentality capable of doing it....he needed to re-evaluate his life an decisions.

alot of talent an not ethic behind it means nothing