The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im trying hard to think about a careless champion....the two words just dont go together
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stay hating on black fighters
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

i always support my black ppl and i will always support black fighters.....but the fighter has to be worthy of being supported.

i honestly want him to get himself together....he seems to have talent...but being too cocky too early will invite an early exit an i dont want to see another talented fighter work for UPS.

personally i hate seeing wasted talent....kinda like an a sexy stripper who has all the right moves but cant take a dikk.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id knock broner tha ? out! real talk folk!
    and im ? !
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    id knock broner tha ? out! real talk folk!
    and im ? !

? outchea ? posting....lol

play on playa
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol I guess you and I are in the minority, bro. 140 aint ? for Broner, imo. I feel his toughest fight at 140 may be against Matthysse *shrugs* I was also in the minority when I said Garcia would knock Khan the ? out, and we all know how that ended Lol I dont think Broner is "green" at all. Like I said before, his all around skill level >>>> any ? fighting at 140 right now. I'll agree to disagree with the majority and keep it moving :tu
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Adrien Broner returns on October 6th in Atlantic City at Boardwalk Hall for his lightweight debut

http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-returns-on-october-6th-atlantic-city--55368
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's good that he's staying active. Broner is an exciting fighter with alot of star potential...I hope he tones down his act for this fight
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Broner continues to be himself.

Gotta make weight though
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its good that he's fighting on the east coast
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    im hearing broner might fight lundy or linares
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MSOI wrote: »
    Adrien Broner returns on October 6th in Atlantic City at Boardwalk Hall for his lightweight debut

http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-returns-on-october-6th-atlantic-city--55368

might have to go up for this one
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Broner didnt act a fool h would be Russell jr. status and not have the attention he does now.... the plight of the black fighter.... be humble and get treated like Mosley or act a fool and get that Tyson/Mayweather guap and fame
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent and de la hoya beefin on twitter haha...

Oscar tweeted, "Everyone wanting to be a boxing promoter? Good luck. Easier said then done."

his single statement sent 50 into a Twitter tirade:

@oscardelahoya sweet heart I'm surprised you would respond to me and Floyd starting company the way you did.
    @oscardelahoya girl you can call me if you want to talk. Ok
    @oscardelahoya now every body wants to be a promoter girl you better stop.
    @oscardelahoya I don't gamble floyd do,but I bet you you won't be promoting Floyd mayweather no more. TMT PROMOTIONS
    @oscardelahoya I just want you to know if you ever want to talk you can give me a call girl
    Baby girl,@oscardelahoya,baby girl you here me,stop hating STOP IT RIGH NOW.

Oscar replies:

@50cent your a boxing promoter? Didn't know,but good luck maybe we can work someday. #success #nextgeneration #GBB #TMT
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    50 usin his burnin bridges strategy again after it worked so well in the hiphop world...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    if Broner didnt act a fool h would be Russell jr. status and not have the attention he does now.... the plight of the black fighter.... be humble and get treated like Mosley or act a fool and get that Tyson/Mayweather guap and fame

alot of black fighters dont have to be like that.....

broner can have all his antics...just dont make a mockery of the sport...he's not built like that yet.
    now when he gets up there then more power to him....but right now....he needs to get it together
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    50 always catchin feelings
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    damn i forgot the ghost fights this weekend!

and also pascal injured his hand fight with cloud for aug11th postponed smh
  • betii
    betii Members Posts: 5
    Options
    50 CENT: "THERE ARE SOME LEGITIMATE REASONS TO WORRY. IT'S VERY RARE THAT I FAIL"

"I find it very interesting that he would respond that way because I thought he was into fighters creating promotional companies. A company for the fighters; I thought that's what Golden Boy was supposed to be...I think there are some legitimate reasons to worry. It's very rare that I fail," stated rapper, actor and entrepreneur 50 Cent, who spoke exclusively to FightHype.com about the reason why he recently made comments on his official Twitter page directed towards Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya. Check it out!

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12917.html
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

broner can have all his antics...just dont make a mockery of the sport...he's not built like that yet.
    now when he gets up there then more power to him....but right now....he needs to get it together

he does have it together.... I didnt like the unprofessionalism of not making weight but with that said he pulled a power move just lie Floyd did vsJMM... He said ? draining myself for a few pounds and risk losing and Ill double ur pay and move up. It is what it is. All he has to do is keep winning. His antics got him something other black fighters like Russell, Dawson Dirrell,Bradley,ALexander, Ward,etc... will never have which is exposeure to casual fans now along with hate from others who dont like that attiude.
  • ghost!
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

he does have it together.... I didnt like the unprofessionalism of not making weight but with that said he pulled a power move just lie Floyd did vsJMM... He said ? draining myself for a few pounds and risk losing and Ill double ur pay and move up. It is what it is. All he has to do is keep winning. His antics got him something other black fighters like Russell, Dawson Dirrell,Bradley,ALexander, Ward,etc... will never have which is exposeure to casual fans now along with hate from others who dont like that attiude.

Not all boxers are successful going that route. And I think it's legitmate if people have an issue with his corny swag! We all know boxing is about self promotion but there's some that respect the sport and do it with alot more taste then others..

as much flack as i have given Floyd, i dont think he would ever have katz in the ring brushing his hair...or getting down on one knee and asking his girl to bush his hair..that was wack

and it aint got ish to do with race....
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    when floyd was 22 dude was humble as hell
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

yea and no one outside of boxing gave any ? about him either
  • ghost!
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

yea and no one outside of boxing gave any ? about him either

u dont have to come off cocky to be notice though. Just have a personality, and of course win!