THE DICHOTOMY OF ROSS & JEEZY

Options

Comments

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    when it all said an doe , ross will always be a former C.O and jeezy will be that ? that sold drug with BMF and went platinum

An anonymous white-Candian G-Unit groupie bragging about who sold drugs in the African-American community might get a co-sign from fellow white-skinned outsiders but to the members of the culture/community you sound clueless & foolish.

The ? that sold drugs with BMF went to prison when BMF went to prison and the ? who didn't: got exposed by Bleu Davinchi and Big Meech when they hosted Gucci Mane mixtapes & callled Jeezy fans faggitts.

A suburban pig-skinned Peckawood had the nerve to tell me that drug-dealers get more respect in the Black community than people with jobs in Corrections.......I spit all kinda spit/snot in this Craka face and told him we ain't all criminals and a
    genetic-recessive cave-beast aint even remotely qualified to speak on it.

....however if it wasn't for Outsiders and their warped mentality it would be impossible to separate Us from Them and expand your brand and boost your popularity amongst your own.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    when it all said an doe , ross will always be a former C.O and jeezy will be that ? that sold drug with BMF and went platinum

An anonymous white-Candian G-Unit groupie bragging about who sold drugs in the African-American community might get a co-sign from fellow white-skinned outsiders but to the members of the culture/community you sound clueless & foolish.

The ? that sold drugs with BMF went to prison when BMF went to prison and the ? who didn't: got exposed by Bleu Davinchi and Big Meech when they hosted Gucci Mane mixtapes & callled Jeezy fans faggitts.

A suburban pig-skinned Peckawood had the nerve to tell me that drug-dealers get more respect in the Black community than people with jobs in Corrections.......I spit all kinda spit/snot in this Craka face and told him we ain't all criminals and a
    genetic-recessive cave-beast aint even remotely qualified to speak on it.

....however if it wasn't for Outsiders and their warped mentality it would be impossible to separate Us from Them and expand your brand and boost your popularity amongst your own.

Lies, this old man constantly making up ducktales
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SecondchanceBro

My words might offend a few anonymous alias people but intelligence teaches us that the only dog that yelps is the one that gets hit with the brick . Words can cause emotional recations if you aim them at the right people.....so U can expect sum feelings. 

@Drosodamnfunny

People sleep on Jeezys mainstream & crossover appeal, this guy is the only street-oriented rapper I can recall that's been on a Mariah Carey & Rihanna album, his duet with Emenim was a good career move.

TM103 won't go platinum and it won't outsell Teflon Don but it is what it is......Platinum don't mean ? in this era it's all about putting other artists on and climbing the Forbes list so I'm not holding it against Jeezy that he didn't go "platinum" like these blog-geeks do.
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @DROSODAMFUNNY Good points Bro, consider that BMF was on The Alberta Anastasia EP Mixtape for free though, before the album dropped, brands and buzz sell albums these days. The Carter 3 and 4 taught us this, so If his buzz continues to grow he may still have a chance to go platinum, with inferior music offerings.

Teflon Don was superior to C3 and C4 but did a fraction of the numbers, it was a slept on album. Wayne had the worst music year since the Carter, but still earned the most money of his career the past year. Al Pacino won a Oscar for Scent of a Woman not for Scarface, Godfather or Carlito's Way. Point being sometimes people do not received accolades when they deserve them sometimes.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To counter a point I saw earlier, Jeezy has a better surrounding clique than Ross although both of their crews is pretty weak. Gibbs is the only dope rapper out of MMG or CTE. Jeezy>>>Ross
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ Gibbs being dope.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vslyke wrote: »
    To counter a point I saw earlier, Jeezy has a better surrounding clique than Ross although both of their crews is pretty weak. Gibbs is the only dope rapper out of MMG or CTE. Jeezy>>>Ross

? WHO DOES JEZZY HAVE?... GIBBS?.. COME ON MAN... BLOOD RAW AND SLICKPULLA NEVER GOT A MAJOR RELEASE...ONLY MIX TAPE AND THAT BULL ? CD " U KNOW I GOT THAT WHITE GIRL, CHRISTIAN AGULERERA" ? DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE!... WALE DROPPED..MEEK BOUT TO DROP.. JEZZY IS A TERIBLE BOSS, JUST LIKE TI!
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vslyke wrote: »

? WHO DOES JEZZY HAVE?... GIBBS?.. COME ON MAN... BLOOD RAW AND SLICKPULLA NEVER GOT A MAJOR RELEASE...ONLY MIX TAPE AND THAT BULL ? CD " U KNOW I GOT THAT WHITE GIRL, CHRISTIAN AGULERERA" ? DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE!... WALE DROPPED..MEEK BOUT TO DROP.. JEZZY IS A TERIBLE BOSS, JUST LIKE TI!

Meek is best known for beating up an R&B thug and Wale sold his soul, credibility, and talent for some quick sales.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeezy is definitely more relatable to the common man.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ Ross being a better business man cause he gave established artists more exposure

yall do kno Jeezy got one of the top urban clothing brands, right ?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @vslyke
    Who did meek beat up?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Ross better than Jeezy now... I liked Jeezys first album but he fell off to me. His ? like tendencies seem to get swept under the rug as well ....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    if there was no Young Jeezy there would be no Gucci Mane, so lets not act like Jeezy is some kind of Messiah.

that is not true. both were gridin Jeezy just blew first

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Popularity: Although Ross is the hottest ? in the game, Jeezy Has Ross Beat

Executive: Ross has built himself a label to be reckoned with. Jeezy on the other hand.......

Live Performer: Jeezy >>> Ross, Ross should start using a live orchestrate, that would be the GOAT.

Musically: = Ross . From Albums to Mixtapes to Compilation all reeks of nothing but quality.

Production: they're pretty equal. but Ross >>Jeezy. Although since BMF, Ross been doin his best to pigeon hole himself to just a Lex Lugeresque sound. Dude has a more diverse sound then Jeezy.

Song Writer: Jeezy >>>> Ross.

Content: both guys are redundant as ? . But Jeezy from time to time actually talks about real ? . IE. Recession

As An Overall artist= Ross> Jizzle, Ross has shown so much growth as an artist. from album to album to mixtape to album. While Jeezy halted on Inspiration (102).

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Popularity: Although Ross is the hottest ? in the game, Jeezy Has Ross Beat

Executive: Ross has built himself a label to be reckoned with. Jeezy on the other hand.......

Live Performer: Jeezy >>> Ross, Ross should start using a live orchestrate, that would be the GOAT.

Musically: = Ross . From Albums to Mixtapes to Compilation all reeks of nothing but quality.

Production: they're pretty equal. but Ross >>Jeezy. Although since BMF, Ross been doin his best to pigeon hole himself to just a Lex Lugeresque sound. Dude has a more diverse sound then Jeezy.

Song Writer: Jeezy >>>> Ross.

Content: both guys are redundant as ? . But Jeezy from time to time actually talks about real ? . IE. Recession

As An Overall artist= Ross> Jizzle, Ross has shown so much growth as an artist. from album to album to mixtape to album. While Jeezy halted on Inspiration (102).

lol @ jeezy stopped growing with inspiration when the recession came after

you picked the artist you liked the most when even your comparison pointed to jeezy being better
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

idk lox, Jeezy showed serious growth with the recession but declined with tm103 because he was having a hard time with a release date. Same with ross since don, Dude keeps putting wack ? out hoping its a hit, Hell same with 50cent but imo u talkin about growth as a artist im thinking jeezy with that recession >> ross teflon
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Dope read from the T/S. Well thought out and articulated, we don't see that too much on this forum...I thought I was on HipHopGame.com

I like songs from both artists, ai like Jeezys older stuff & I like Ross live-instrumentation stuff, probally my two most listened to artists in their sub-genre.

Lyrically Ross is ahead of Jeezy but Jeezy has sold more solo records and been on Rihanna & Mariah Carey albums so he is a much more successful solo act and has had more mainstream acceptance so the edge goes to Jeezy in that arena.

Both artists use crazy production which is the foundation of their sub genre because it's music you play in the car, at the club and during them backyard cook-outs, it's not headphone music to listen to while you ride the subway.

When I'm in a more musical mood I listen to Ross music and when I'm in a more hype mood I listen to Jeezy, the production edge would go to Ross because his production is more versatile but Jeezy TM103 is a classic on production so Jeezy edges him in that arena.

As far as authenticity goes I'm not from their communities and only know a few people who are but I consider myself authentic enough to recognize what's reality and I base my reality on your affiliations/associations & your moves/maneuvers.
    Just because Bleu Davinchi from BMF says Jeezy is fake and was only affiliated to wash ? money doesn't change my opinion of him and just because 50-Cent says Ross is a fraud because he spent a year as a C.O when he was 19 doesn't change my opinion of him. I'm not a weak-minded individual that can be easily influenced by strangers.

As far as Black entrepanuership is concerned Ross is following the JayZ/Diddy blueprint and building an empire and giving these young artists a chance to showcase their talents on the big stage so Ross has the edge when it comes to making moves.

Jeezy has platinum albums and he is a crossover success he made the Forbes list with $8 million & $6million in 2009/2010

They both bring something to the table.

Yea, I forgot to mention that Ross definitely has the edge in terms of playing that executive type role as evidenced by the success and popularity of MMG, especially when comparing it to CTE.

yes and no ... cause ross has yet to make anyone without a name blow ie anyone from the triple c group ... wale and meek (even tho he was underground) had blossoming careers prior to the MMG affilation ... Same with Lil Wayne with Drake, Nicki & Tyga ... all of them dudes had blossoming careers prior to YMCMB .... once guys like Lil Chuckee, Jae Millz, Gutta Gutta ... start blowing up .... then i think youll be saying something ...
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Dope thread idea fam, keep doing up more in the future.

Man I gotta say I prefer Jeezy more. He's got way more personality than Ross, ? Jeezy in his music at least makes you feel he's right there with you, he's in the trap even tho we know he's not into that lifestyle anymore some of the songs he makes actually hit a nerve. Like when he dropped recession, even in the midst of all the chaos that ? was still dropping anthems.

Now Ross on the other hand is cool too but he's so jaded in his music. All he talkin about is lobster this, caviar diamonds, my broad thick, he's all flash no substance. Now don't get me wrong there's nothing really wrong with that he's still got tracks like All The Money In The World and Cross That Line but it aint enough. In the long term I think Jeezy will be around while Ross withers away. How long can Ross depend on co-signs/guest appearances and rap about how much more money he has than you ? Jeezy may not be the strongest dude lyrically but he still puts effort into his music and launches his albums like a got dayum campaign, you can't help but devote your interest to dude for the time being.

bold - lol jayz made a longterm career out of doing the same lol

underline - dont forget jeezy seem to also grow with every album ... his last album def showed tons of growth ... as a man not just a rapper or perform or writer ...

• purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They both have excellent beats but they are both average/decent MC's at best. Sometimes Young got a ? thinkin "Did he seriously just say that" same with Rozay. I like both of them (no ? ) but they are ok rappers with that being said. Young Jeezy> Rozay
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited July 2012
    Options
    jeezy has had mo success then ross as a SOLO ARTIST but rozay is shittin on jeezyz face when it comez 2 runnin a LABEL like a BAAWSE!
  • purpngold
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    jeezy has had mo success then ross as a SOLO ARTIST but rozay is shittin on jeezyz face when it comez 2 runnin a LABEL like a BAAWSE!
    mmmmm maybach music! yeah MMG > CTE ? a no brainer
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen to both...i prefer Jeezy...

I been bumpin The Inspiration alot lately...
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    why cte sell ore records then ? get better endorsement deals. Belvedere>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ciroc.
  • purpngold
    edited July 2012
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    why cte sell ore records then ? get better endorsement deals. Belvedere>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ciroc.
    I didn't know cte sold more records who besides jeezy is selling on that label?
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options

smh@ this foolish canadian...JEEZY is CTE everybody else on da label is just cte video xtraz aint nun of them is gonna sell any recordz