Holmies??? This sick f**k already has groupies

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
‘Holmies’ – The Term James Holmes Groupies Are Calling Themselves In ‘Fan’ Postings Online
holmies-james-holmes-aurora.jpg
“Holmies” is the term fans of accused mass murderer James Holmes are calling themselves online. The accused Aurora movie theater shooting suspect has groupies who are posting messages and photos of themselves in James Holmes “favorite clothes” and drinking “Slurpees” on the Internet, the Daily Mail reports. In a video of James Holmes recorded during a science camp when he was 18, he stated owning a “Slurpee” machine one day as a life goal.

Most of the “Holmies” so far are young women, many of which wear plaid or flannel clothing in the Twitter and Facebook posts that are popping up online. When James Holmes was arrested after the mass shooting at the Century 16 movie theater, he was reportedly wearing a plaid flannel jacket.

The James Holmes groupies are also engaging in a low-tech campaign to get his attention – letter writing.

A “Holmie” with the screen name, jimboplaidshirt posted, “Just finished my letter. It’s probably really cheesy, tacky, annoying, poorly written, and/or boring. I though of so many questions I could ask him. I asked him if he was reincarnated and came back as a beverage, what would he want to be. A little outlandish, but, whatever. It’s funny, ey,” according to Buzzfeed

The Holmes fans “swap stories of their admiration” for the alleged Colorado shooter and upload drawings of the man awaiting trial for the murders of 12 people. The Daily Mail reports some of the “Holmies” have even dyed their hair bright orange to mimic the mugshot image of James Holmes.

“Wearing plaid, sippin’ on a slurpee. Just a typical holmie,” one James Holmes groupie posted, according to images and tweets republished by the Daily Mail.

Buzzfeed compiled a plethora of “Holmies” created online photos and drawing and also uncovered a chat room dedicated to talking about everything James Holmes related. According to a mission statement of sorts posted on the “Holmies” chat room, a “Holmie” is someone with an interest in the Aurora theater shooting case who may or may not find Holmes attractive. The poster also noted that she falls under the “may” category.

Tweets from presumed “Holmies” republished by Buzzfeed and the Daily Mail note James Holmes fans referring to him as a monarch, entertainer and a misunderstood man. The psychological term for individuals who are sexually attracted to mass murderers is hybristophilia- also commonly referred to as the Bonnie and Clyde Syndrome.

inquisitr.com/289624/holmies-the-term-james-holmes-groupies-are-calling-themselves-in-fan-postings-online/

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wearing plaid, sippin’ on a slurpee. Just a typical holmie.

Graduate students from Troll So Hard University
  • VIBE
    Options
    People support ? , murderers, serial killers, drug dealers, tyrants etc on tv, so why not in real life? I see no problem with this, it's not affecting anyone (well maybe the victims and family victims).
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    People support ? , murderers, serial killers, drug dealers, tyrants etc on tv, so why not in real life? I see no problem with this, it's not affecting anyone (well maybe the victims and family victims).

you been on the IC too long, you getting cold lol
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conjugal visits my ? . Conjugal visits on death row.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heaux will be heaux
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that his life goal at 18 was to own a slurpie machine shoulda set off red flags
  • VIBE
    Options

LOL

I don't care to hate him or like him, I don't care what people choose to do either.

I just find it more crazy that people cannot express themselves however they please. Sure, supporting Holmes is "not normal" in terms of how people see things but it's still how they want to express themselves. People have supported ? , Saddam, Osama and even ? and these guys were mass murderers too (or plotted for it).

I like watching how things go down, like with this Chic-Fil-A thing, you watch one comment just set off a fire storm. Now Christians feel righteous in supporting this fast food chain and same sex supporters are against it, then you watch them battle each other. It's interesting how we see things that are "right" and "wrong", it's all subjective. So is supporting Holmes WRONG? I say no, neither is being against him wrong either.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Options

LOL

I don't care to hate him or like him, I don't care what people choose to do either.

I just find it more crazy that people cannot express themselves however they please. Sure, supporting Holmes is "not normal" in terms of how people see things but it's still how they want to express themselves. People have supported ? , Saddam, Osama and even ? and these guys were mass murderers too (or plotted for it).

I like watching how things go down, like with this Chic-Fil-A thing, you watch one comment just set off a fire storm. Now Christians feel righteous in supporting this fast food chain and same sex supporters are against it, then you watch them battle each other. It's interesting how we see things that are "right" and "wrong", it's all subjective. So is supporting Holmes WRONG? I say no, neither is being against him wrong either.

hahaha
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    No different from being huge fans of a gangsta rapper that names himself after gangsters or various other bad people.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    No different from being huge fans of a gangsta rapper that names himself after gangsters or various other bad people.

u cant b serious...
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    @stopit

Idolizing a bad person is idolizing a bad person right?

Are there bad people that are good to idolize?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    "bad person"and "gangsta rapper" are subjective terms...
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    So is saying Holmes is a bad person.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @VIbe takin the 'you're all ? idiots' stance.

Some dramas are entertaining others are just

pretty and boring. This is of the latter and quite

predicted in Natural Born Killers S/O to Micky and Mallory.

I view this as just another convenient distraction to chew up more time

so people dont actually have to think about who they are voting for

and what they stand for.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isnt uncommon throughout the ages.

I'm sure jack the ripper made some ? wet.....b4 he visited them and cut out their vaginas anyway.

Social media just makes it look crazier.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothin new here, serial killers had hoes jockin em for years.. from Ted Bundy, to Richard Ramirez etc.. been happening.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    James Holmes will be the name of the next big rapper.

Or

Zimmerman Capone
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unoriginal ? stay stealin. Word to Paul Mooney
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pics of said hoes?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    My generation, our generation, we morally ? up. People that give Zimmerman & Holmes praise..... Wow.... I hate to say it but this guy is doing a great job. I got to stop smoking weed

legend-laugh-o.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rjO5PMbics

U mean Tim Curry?
    He wasnt that good in "Legend" but if thats your cup of tea.....
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Rick Ross named himself after a criminal that ? up the black community in LA.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Nas named himself after Pablo Escobar.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    so its rappers fault that hoes been ? after murdering cowards since before rap?
    shut up already...