What a ? Year for Hip Hop/Rap

Options
GSonII
GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
The young guys you lames dickrode are all failing to do anything significant when given a chance on the mainstream level.

Cole is doing the best with this downtime.

Krit put out a CD that is less than memorable.

Curren$y put out some random ? .

Lamar is missing the mark.

Drake is making the same song every time all ready.

The old guys are getting too much hate because you want your new lovers to succeed when they are not ready, or you just want them to re-create the wheel.

TIP

Dr Dre

The hot guys are just not that hot.

2Chainz

Future

Meek

Ross

The hype beast that is Jay Elect does not give a care about actually putting out a album.

Finally, Nas is just in a class of his own. Overrated and can not really move the people.

What a ? year for the game.

My suggestion. Quit hating and stanning so much and just learn to enjoy quality music rather it comes from the people you want it to or not.

Comments

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Speak for yourself.

Don't get your emotions involved in how other people enjoy or don't enjoy the music from 2012.

Some people whine and complain about bad music and some people share and applaud the good music.

Schoolboy Q, Nas, Ab Soul, Curren$y, Aesope Rock, Killer Mike, & Preemo dropped projects that should keep the
    rap-bloggers satisfied this year. And on the flip side the streets are plenty satisfied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0S8zkQS9CU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kendrick lamar is the future.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the future to what? that boring little ? ain't gonna save rap....he's gonna put the game in a sleep induced coma
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It is what it is
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only Hip Hop I listen too...cats i went to school with, spitting that true ? , ? the new ? ...I don't expect much from the new rappers so I'm not dissappointed by their lackluser albums....and yea NAS is still nice but not realy doing it for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWfcPGJMHzM
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avg year for hiphop.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We hear that ? every year though. and then after a while it's "oh man, ____ was the last year that hip hop dropped any good ? "
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, the internet has really enabled people and given them a platform to just complain about everything.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    IMO I was more than satisfied with 2011...copped mad albums...other than Nas...I havent purchased anything else in 2012.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't even responded to this ? and make valid points because they wont matter since it's you. All I have to say is lmao at you talking about the rappers we like..... and then bringing up names like t.i., 50, dre, etc. First of all dre needs to hang it up, second of all 50 and t.i. have been making better music LATELY but don't act like that ? anywhere close to the ? they used to put out....
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    At least we still got Nicki Minaj!!!
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ir's getting better, remember 5 years ago D4l, Franchise Boyz, DJ Unk,etc was at the forefront of rap. Now look at all these new ? like KDot, JCole, Big Sean, Wale, Meek and Drake with his simp hop music, it's a massive upgrade imo. I think we are heading into a golden era, hiphop fans just need to do their part and support the real ? .

All of this, and especially the bolded.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool story Gson
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fifs 2 mixtapes this year and sha stimuli monthly ep's are the only positives besides that this been a terrible year

Kanye will save it again like he did in 2010 and 2011

Hopefully that new ghost,raekwon,cam drop in the 4th quarter
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Outside of life is good the only other brightspot was that Joey Bada$$ mixtape 1999.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen to mostly old ? anyway but from the new stuff I downloaded its been a decent year.

*KRIT made good, mixtapes were better but that's not to say his album was bad. The bar was just too high...as usual.

*Curren$y put out arguably his best album, he also released a random EP.

*Ab-Soul surprised me with his debut, it was pretty good all things considered.

*Killer Mike dropped an epic album on everyone that went largely unnoticed because it had no mainstream buzz.

*the mixtape game been pretty sour but w/e.

Complain away ? .
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ir's getting better, remember 5 years ago D4l, Franchise Boyz, DJ Unk,etc was at the forefront of rap. Now look at all these new ? like KDot, JCole, Big Sean, Wale, Meek and Drake with his simp hop music, it's a massive upgrade imo. I think we are heading into a golden era, hiphop fans just need to do their part and support the real ? .

exactly. Half the dudes that are hot right now would have been considered "underground" 5 years ago.

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    the future to what? that boring little ? ain't gonna save rap....he's gonna put the game in a sleep induced coma

Redundant like a muthafucka though lol
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everybody knows 50 cent and t.i. are wack, you lost for listening to them just like listening to Dr. Dre for rapping instead of producing. Nas' album was dope, MMG: wasnt bad but it wasnt better than the last one, same with Ross' solo.
    but this was great:
    Trophies_ApolloBrownOC_655.jpg
    GSljx.jpg
    cover.jpg
    441287-300-620x620-500x499.jpg
    cover.jpg
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    @just.might.b.ok damn good looks on that masta ace ? . I completely forgot to listen to that, I'm guessing its dope??
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a concept album, the only downside its that all of the beats are from the "Special Herbs" instrumentals by MF Doom instead of original production.
    i really like the album tho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6_t77usxHU
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One word comes to mind when speaking on Hip Hop since 2010: Effort.

Nowadays, rappers are making sure the production is a little better. Lyricism is coming back and artist are getting more creative. Artist like Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Drake (like it or not), Wale etc. are getting the most acclaim by simply being themselves. These new artist know what they bring to the table, and they're sticking with what they know best.

That's not what we were getting in the Hip Hop is Dead era (lol, there's an era for everything in hip hop). Back in the late 00's, ? 's was only focusing on making a quick hit, nabbing lil Wayne for a feature or making some $$'s off ring tones. Just being exposed was more important in those days then working on long term career. The climate had rappers just trying to get there's now and figure out what to do next later. Lack of a real movement to get better is what was killing hip hop.

Now we have TDE. MMG. GOOD. Jets. Taylor's and Shady 2.0 etc.

The way i see it. Hip Hop will only get better since nobody is selling. Why? It gives the genre more time to figure out what the new blueprint should be. Catchy Hooks and Hits? Or just being real about themselves and being true the artistry Hip Hop strives on. Going forward, Hip Hop will only make progress. Its just up to us to support it.

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You really getting mad because internet nerds tryna force feed you artist that flopped? Use your own ear and listen to what you want and you will never be dissapointed.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been a good year imo..plus Kendrick, Good Music, Slaughterhouse, Lupe haven't even dropped yet..mixtapes have been kinda weak but there's been some dope albums dropped so far..