How would you reboot the batman franchise?

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Would u keep in a nolan universe?
Who would play batman? Robin?
Would u have villians like clayface/freeze?
What actors do u think could pull off the roles for villains

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe go Batman Beyond...

If Heath was alive... Return of the Joker story
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I liked Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the trilogy as a whole was missing some key aspects of the Batman character. The next franchise needs to show that Batman is more than just a great fighter/ninja, he is also a detective/scientist. Gotham needs to look less like a major US city, and Batman needs to rely less on the people around him period. The Joker should not be touched for ATLEAST the next decade, pick a villain who hasn't been done in the Nolan trilogy. Also, the origin story shouldn't be done for a long time, Batman Begins has probably done it as well as it will ever be done
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I'd like a darker type Gotham.
    No Robin.
    If a character like Clayface is used i wouldnt want them to over do it with the computer tec.

As A list Villians
    Joker of course (but I can see if they dont wanna use him)
    Penguin
    Riddler (not no Jim Carrey funny)
    Hush
    Freeze

As B list Villians
    Black Mask
    Hugo strange
    Croc
    Black Mask
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im lazy so I'll only talk about the characters

First film would feature two villians like Black mask and clayface. Robin would be hinted to be in the sequel at the end of this film

Mr Freeze would be a good villian to do in the 2nd film and robin would make his debut BUT he wouldnt look like a lil kid who was annoying as ? but like a 17yr old kid and his costume wouldnt look like a ? that a 12 yr old made. But a sleek costume that had the general colors and no ? ass mask that looks like he bought it at party city for $7. Micheal Fassbender would be a good mr freeze..

Batman and robin vs the Riddler in the last film. One who sets up bombs/traps all over the citiy that have timers and batman has to solve riddles and ? to stop them. This would show the detective side of batman. Robin will die in this film from batman not being able to solve a riddle in time though.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something i just put together real quik

I would have the first film bruce wayne is already batman..not a origin story but have flash backs(parents death) with a scene with a young bruce wayne,black mask n hush... i would have harvey dent and penguin(not danny devito) but more like setmour hoffman both running...i would have black mask as a villain with his company going against wayne enterprises...

The 2nd movie would have harvey dent 2face towards the end of the movie and would have the villian be hush...

3rd movie two face would be the main villian...at the end a young The Joker's Origin as Failed Comedian in The Killing Joke

He would do a job with the mob in which goes wrong and his preg wife is killed...so he goes crazy than the movie ends
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Make it more darker I guess... stick with the crime drama theme but include a bit more detective work. I have actor Paul Giamatti as Penguin... James Gandolfinni or Michael Madsen as Detective Harvey Bullock... Michelle Rodriguez as Renee Montoya...

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    if a robin is brought in i rather they just skip the whole lil kid robin and go with Nightwing
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    if a robin is brought in i rather they just skip the whole lil kid robin and go with Nightwing

Co-Sign

and to be honest id rather them go the "Red Hood" route
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    And Clayface would be way too corny on the big screen , nobody trying to see a big giant ass piece of clay on the Screen that shape shifts ...

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Co-Sign

One of the greatest DC animated films... I might just say animated flims period... If only they had Hamill do the Joker voice but ? wasnt bad...
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Would Like To A Live Action Version Of The OG Animated Series Which IMHO Is The Best Adaption of The Character/Universe Period....I Guess You Can Tim Burton Did It Already Since The Cartoon Used Alot OF His Ideas/Looks But I Would Want It Even More "Grimmer"
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Co-Sign

One of the greatest DC animated films... I might just say animated flims period... If only they had Hamill do the Joker voice but ? wasnt bad...

"Year One" and "Under The Red Hood" are trill as ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    As much as I liked Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the trilogy as a whole was missing some key aspects of the Batman character. The next franchise needs to show that Batman is more than just a great fighter/ninja, he is also a detective/scientist. Gotham needs to look less like a major US city, and Batman needs to rely less on the people around him period. The Joker should not be touched for ATLEAST the next decade, pick a villain who hasn't been done in the Nolan trilogy. Also, the origin story shouldn't be done for a long time, Batman Begins has probably done it as well as it will ever be done

yea i like the detective comics. i haven't read a lot of batman comics but "the long halloween" is my favorite & would translate well onscreen because of all the different elements.

in the upcoming reboot i think focusing on one villain would be a bad idea.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    That's why i think HUSH would really be a good option , they have so much history with each other and Batman really would have to get his detective on to figure out who HUSH is ....

HUSH also did so many behind the scene moves with the other villians that at times u didnt know it was him that was putting things together .

my only issue with that is im not sure HUSH could carry a Main villian role in a movie ...if anything have the main plot be around him but yet mix in maybe 1 or 2 other villians that are helping him out

• FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd go the Batman Year One route. Great animated film and actually had semblances of realism. I thought Bale was wrong for the part anyway, so I'd go with a younger, bigger actor.

I dont think Wayne's wealth was played up enough in the Nolan movies so that would be something I'd amp up. Batman's detective skills were also severely underplayed, i'd have a few of those Sherlock Holmes slow-motion scenes in there
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They really need to put mr freeze as the villian that ? be very epic
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Total reboot, we don't need to see an origin story anymore but the whole thing needs to be changed. Like what has already been said put batman back in the shadows and focus more on the detective side of Batman. And I would like to see Mr. Freeze done right on the big screen. Bane too TDKR to messed him up. And Bryan Cranston for Jim Gordon.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    And whoever said the shouldn't touch the Joker in the reboot is just nonsense. The Joker is the most poplar and recognizable villain in the Batman mythology. You just can't come with the same style as the Nicholson or Ledger. But a different take is fine.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I wouldnt reboot it. I would continue it from part 3, where robin is now fighting crime in Gotham. The villains would be black mask and the riddler. Robin gets killed which lures Bruce back in to Gotham.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I wouldnt reboot it. I would continue it from part 3, where robin is now fighting crime in Gotham. The villains would be black mask and the riddler. Robin gets killed which lures Bruce back in to Gotham.

Robin gets killed by the Joker though

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Um, have batman, bat girl and nightwing and robin all going ham on the joker who is played by that skinny kid in kickass.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I say find a tone somewhere in between Burton's films and Nolan's films to allow for some more liberties, but still keep it grounded (unlike Schumacher's take) and with an R rating.

Batman, Nightwing and Batgirl would all appear in some capacity

No origin. Only flashbacks as they pertain to the story (mostly Robin origin).

Gotham would be much gritter and darker.

I'd keep the two villains per movie theme and go with

Victor Zsasz & The Ventriloquist
    Riddler & The Mad Hatter
    Joker (w/ Harley) & Red Hood
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Zsasz was in Batman Begins...though only in a few scenes..
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Ventriloquist is a corny ass character , Victor Zsasz dont hold enough weight to carry a film as a villian

the others u named i can co-sign

just hoping for a HUSH or Red Hood , always wanted the Hush story to be a go for a film
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options