Will the West Coast rise again?

Options

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The west is already back. With the internet I don't think any coast is going to "dominate" but the west has a lot of talent right now.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Soopafly............. Best kept Secret
    WC...................... Return of the Baracuda
    Evidence.............. Cats and Dogs
    Nippsey Husle...... The Marathon 2
    Kendrick Lamar.... Section 80
    Say what you want about the R.E.D Album but It had some nice joints on there also

^ ^those where All hotter albums or just as hot as ? that was droppin from ANY other region just last year

This year Crooked I has the Psalm 82:6 mixtape
    plus the Hip Hop weekly reloaded as well as the Slaughterhouse album on the side.

the future is very bright for the West. What you mean will the West rise again?

naah nipsey done and fell of marathon 2 was weak
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The West prolly has the best underground scene, followed by the Midwest
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The west was building some kinda momentum the past few years on the underground scene with black hippy and blu and all, but y'all ? it up when y'all let Lil B get some shine
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NO

Nobody outside west coast folk bumps these wacc ass albums/artists they steady namin

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't Nipsey Hussel, Russel, whatever his name is, the west's savior?
    How did that turn out?
    LMAO!
    Only ? making noise out there is them Oddworld ? , and it's not a good look that Frank Ocean leap frogged out the closet.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The West will rise again, the movement stalled when Death Row crumbled and Dr Dre adopted Emenim.

Now it's rebuild time, and it's loooking good but Chicago & the Midwest is looking good too.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    It is going to a steep uphill climb for the west coast to get on top and for every Kendrick Lamar there is a Lil b.

Kendrick Lamar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ejyHzz3XE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Stopped listening 2 mins in..good concept though..
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Azad wrote: »
    The west was building some kinda momentum the past few years on the underground scene with black hippy and blu and all, but y'all ? it up when y'all let Lil B get some shine

his fans only exist on the internet, don't know anybody who actually listens to that guy.

it kind of sucks because there a lot of talent out there but of course people are just going

to focus on that idiot. he doesn't even get love in his own city. check these vids out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6osEImswisU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djproEOlmmU

• mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe if Game stayed with Fif and kept that fan base with him. I think he lost a lot after that whole saga. But Doctor's Advocate was one of the last big mainstream west coast type style albums to drop.

The west sound peaked in the 90's it gets no better than that. I love west music but that gangsta ? is dying out people aren't trying to hear those type of records nowadays.

I still bump game but he's done as far a being a big time artists. Kendrick is dope though. And has real talent maybe he can bring it back a little.
  • gunot_killa
    gunot_killa Members Posts: 1,330
    Options
    2 pages and no one mentions Spider Loc ro 40 Glocc????????????????????????? Them 2 niccas are currently bringing da west bacc to da forefront. and fucca a gayme cuz nicca is a straight ? .
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    2 pages and no one mentions Spider Loc ro 40 Glocc????????????????????????? Them 2 niccas are currently bringing da west bacc to da forefront. and fucca a gayme cuz nicca is a straight ? .

that ? is the truth
    damn L.A is blue
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a whole different climate right now, but what people dont understand Cali cats are different than the rest of the country. I think cats from the west are less likely to jump at any deal and really are not trying to make mainsteam music. What I hear from the west is more comparable to early east coast hip-hop. Its not formulaic like what you hear coming from the south and east. You dont hear about cats from the west dealing with the toomps, shawty redds, lex lugers. Theyre on theyre own tip. Thats what ive always liked about the west. Theyre not a bunch of ? ryders jumping on a track with whoevers hot.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NO

Nobody outside west coast folk bumps these wacc ass albums/artists they steady namin

That's cuz you still listening to a ? in a studio apartment talkin about Reasonable dought bein the dopest. There is a such thing as youtube these days. There's no excuse for ? to be like Who is that?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There underground scene been bubbling for a good minute...
    plocc wrote: »
    Its a whole different climate right now, but what people dont understand Cali cats are different than the rest of the country. I think cats from the west are less likely to jump at any deal and really are not trying to make mainsteam music. What I hear from the west is more comparable to early east coast hip-hop. Its not formulaic like what you hear coming from the south and east. You dont hear about cats from the west dealing with the toomps, shawty redds, lex lugers. Theyre on theyre own tip. Thats what ive always liked about the west. Theyre not a bunch of ? ryders jumping on a track with whoevers hot.

its more like they know there place in the game and are content with it
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    R.Greezy wrote: »
    Soopafly............. Best kept Secret
    WC...................... Return of the Baracuda
    Evidence.............. Cats and Dogs
    Nippsey Husle...... The Marathon 2
    Kendrick Lamar.... Section 80
    Say what you want about the R.E.D Album but It had some nice joints on there also

^ ^those where All hotter albums or just as hot as ? that was droppin from ANY other region just last year

This year Crooked I has the Psalm 82:6 mixtape
    plus the Hip Hop weekly reloaded as well as the Slaughterhouse album on the side.

the future is very bright for the West. What you mean will the West rise again?

naah nipsey done and fell of marathon 2 was weak

It wasn't any weaker than that Lloyd Banks dud mixtape all these ? was on last year.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NO

That's cuz you still listening to a ? in a studio apartment talkin about Reasonable dought bein the dopest. There is a such thing as youtube these days. There's no excuse for ? to be like Who is that?

Word Even tho that was 1996 I was talkin bout simpleton

Its ova

You understand? This ? is ova

Your coast been null and void since baby lane clapped the ballerina.

Lmao aint nobody bumpin no kendrick lamar or jay rock out here ya'll music wacc always has been always will be

• DR. JEK
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    It is going to a steep uphill climb for the west coast to get on top and for every Kendrick Lamar there is a Lil b.
    Kendrick Lamar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ejyHzz3XE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lil b
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Oeta-7Tng&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dont nobody out here pay Lil B no attention.I never heard of this herb till the IC started talkin about him and after the ? was gettin knocked out by interview ? and callin his album ? Most ? out here was probably done with that ? .everywhere I go and politic about whats goin on in the streets or go to the clubs to see whats up his ? dont come up and nobody plays his music ever!

• DR. JEK
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Once Tutu Shakur got clapped, the west was dead....
    and if you ? are gonna place your bets on that Kendrick Lamar herb, you already lost....

How is that? He got producers Eascoast, South and Westcoast wantin to work with him. ? got a huge buzz big as J Cole had but he actually raps better than J Cole.

• Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Hippy one of the best unfiltered ? outchea no matter what region that ? would bang in every ghetto. I aint heard of Lil B besides the internet ? that ? ? and Kendrick one of the worst outta Black Hippy and he getting the most shine. ? is still talking bout Lloyd Banks? What the ? is a Lloyd Banks or G-Unit for that matter?
  • Nile Gambino
    Options
    NO

Its ova

Lmao aint nobody bumpin no kendrick lamar or jay rock out here ya'll music wacc always has been always will be

the east coast is > the west coast
    but you are biased the west coast is not always wack
    ice cube
    wc
    kurupt
    g.malone
    nipsey
    black hippy
    crooked i
    ain't wack
    but the west to me is only L.A
    i just don't like the bay ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    NO

Its ova

ice cube
    wc
    kurupt
    g.malone
    nipsey
    black hippy
    crooked i

ain't wack

I disagree homeboy.The bolded are trash ,and cube is nice but his best work was from 90-94

and E-40/fonzarelli/charlie hustle da ballaholic + the hieroglyphics movement was the only good thing to ever come from the west besides death certificate

• DR. JEK
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NO

Its ova

You just trolllin Tomboy.Jay Z is such a sellout ...? is known as Euro Jay by lots of people and you not only ride his ? as far as him being an artist, you will still sit here and tell us all Tupac hated blacks. ? outta here with your crazy opinions!LOL
    You dont know the first thing about Westcoast hip hop. Why would anybody in a thread askin about westcoast hiphop listen to a chicago ? 's opinion on the coast?

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2012
    Options
    NO

Its ova

You just trolllin Tomboy.Jay Z is such a sellout ...? is known as Euro Jay by lots of people and you not only ride his ? as far as him being an artist,you will still sit here and tell us all Tupac hated blacks. ? outta here with your crazy opinions!LOL
    You dont know the first thing about Westcoast hip hop. Why would anybody in a thread askin about westcoast hiphop listen to a chicago ? 's opinion on the coast?

What do jigga have to do wit this thread clown? This deranged groupie talks about jay hov more than I do

The difference between jigga and the west coast is he stayed relevant from 96 to 2012 thats why he's a livin legend

The west died when afeni pulled the plug on the ballerina after he was left respirator style and ya'll been irrelevant ever since

R.i.p

• Nile Gambino
    Options
    NO

Its ova

ice cube
    wc
    kurupt
    g.malone
    nipsey
    black hippy
    crooked i

ain't wack

I disagree homeboy.The bolded are trash ,and cube is nice but his best work was from 90-94

and E-40/fonzarelli/charlie hustle da ballaholic + the hieroglyphics movement was the only good thing to ever come from the west besides death certificate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oMX3-RhNXA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FULnRZIL8A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2kcEBE05lk

this can't be wack