Will the West Coast rise again?

Options

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thing about the west is they are too inconsistent. they'll come out with artists like bishop lamont, kendrick lamar, nipsey hustle, and glasses malone. then they have ? like yg, lil b, e40, keak da sneak and the majority of hyphy, dom kennedy, and circle jerking mofos. its like when theyre on theyre on and when theyre off, they miss the mark completely
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Tapes/Albums?
    Tapes/Albums?

the marathon and the marathon continues tapes
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The west shall never rise again as well as the south and North shall be returned to glory for all time till the end of rap and hip hop.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Thing about the west is they are too inconsistent. they'll come out with artists like bishop lamont, kendrick lamar, nipsey hustle, and glasses malone. then they have ? like yg, lil b, e40, keak da sneak and the majority of hyphy, dom kennedy, and circle jerking mofos. its like when theyre on theyre on and when theyre off, they miss the mark completely

Very very very dumb argument. It's the same everywhere. Just be honest, what it comes down to is popularity.

So a coast is only on the rise when every single rapper is rapping the way you like? I mean Maino, Mims, Chicken Noodle Soup, Jim Jones, ASAP Rocky etc are from NY. The south? C'mon you know how many wack and dope artists there are out there. That's just natural in the game.

And you still mentioning 2 to 3 year old songs is funny (which is why i did the same), and also a movement that was considered hot 6-7 years ago for a short while and then comparing it to dope artists who started poppin after that era. So your ? doesn't make sense.

Again what it is is popularity. If the Westcoast had 10 hot rappers out everybody in here would love it and throw up W's. Also the West Coast has a stigma attached to it, half the people won't accept anything that's not 2pac or G-Funk music. The other half are the pop-fans who want what you see in the game today. So it's a lose-lose situation for the West. People are stuck with the era and not actually listening so much to the music coming out.

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »

Very very very dumb argument. It's the same everywhere. Just be honest, what it comes down to is popularity.

So a coast is only on the rise when every single rapper is rapping the way you like? I mean Maino, Mims, Chicken Noodle Soup, Jim Jones, ASAP Rocky etc are from NY. The south? C'mon you know how many wack and dope artists there are out there. That's just natural in the game.

And you still mentioning 2 to 3 year old songs is funny (which is why i did the same), and also a movement that was considered hot 6-7 years ago for a short while and then comparing it to dope artists who started poppin after that era. So your ? doesn't make sense.

Again what it is is popularity. If the Westcoast had 10 hot rappers out everybody in here would love it and throw up W's. Also the West Coast has a stigma attached to it, half the people won't accept anything that's not 2pac or G-Funk music. The other half are the pop-fans who want what you see in the game today. So it's a lose-lose situation for the West. People are stuck with the era and not actually listening so much to the music coming out.

What's a dumb argument is u thinking people won't accept anything that's not 2pac or g-funk coming from the west or are just pop fans. totally negating the fact that , as shocking as it may sound, some people won't accept it because its simply garbage. it has nothing to do with being stuck in any kind of era. as i just clearly listed people who weren't 2pac or g-funk oriented

And i didnt mention any songs at all so you lost me there. i did however list people who i thought were trash. and acting as if none of who i mentioned just came on the scene and are new rappers as well. some of them are even up and coming (yg, dom kennedy). and also of which dont have that much popularity right now. and the so called movement (if thats what u wanna call it because it had no impact outside of its region) i brought up was the last thing that was notable from the bay area aside from lil b. what else can i bring up? your acting as if i pulled that entirely out of my ass.

I think there are some dope rappers from the west. but that wont stoop me from acknowledging that the west has rappers who are ? sewage. just like everywhere else. that ill agree with u on. but it just seems the west has more of a dynamic of it. u go from gangsta rappers sippin 40's to based rappers wearing female earrings. how much more extreme can u get than that?
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's a dumb argument is u thinking people won't accept anything that's not 2pac or g-funk coming from the west or are just pop fans. totally negating the fact that , as shocking as it may sound, some people won't accept it because its simply garbage. it has nothing to do with being stuck in any kind of era. as i just clearly listed people who weren't 2pac or g-funk oriented

And i didnt mention any songs at all so you lost me there. i did however list people who i thought were trash. and acting as if none of who i mentioned just came on the scene and are new rappers as well. some of them are even up and coming (yg, dom kennedy). and also of which dont have that much popularity right now. and the so called movement (if thats what u wanna call it because it had no impact outside of its region) i brought up was the last thing that was notable from the bay area aside from lil b. what else can i bring up? your acting as if i pulled that entirely out of my ass.

I think there are some dope rappers from the west. but that wont stoop me from acknowledging that the west has rappers who are ? sewage. just like everywhere else. that ill agree with u on. but it just seems the west has more of a dynamic of it. u go from gangsta rappers sippin 40's to based rappers wearing female earrings. how much more extreme can u get than that?

Simply garbage? Oh wow so that's why so many great lyricist has come out these past 7 years huh? Yeah 2 chaninz so great, yeah Nicki is the best thing in the world, Gucci Mane, Waka, Big Sean, Mac Miller, Soulja Boy etc etc are great gret MC's. I'm sure they're from the Westcoast too. Btw i didn't say that that was the definite reason i was speaking in general.

LOL you ? idiot ass simpleton.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simply garbage? Oh wow so that's why so many great lyricist has come out these past 7 years huh? Yeah 2 chaninz so great, yeah Nicki is the best thing in the world, Gucci Mane, Waka, Big Sean, Mac Miller, Soulja Boy etc etc are great gret MC's. I'm sure they're from the Westcoast too. Btw i didn't say that that was the definite reason i was speaking in general.

LOL you ? idiot ass simpleton.

In all fairness all these people have already done their thing and been successful in different ways. New people from the west have to do this. It aint about gettin mad at people who have already done it.
    At some point you gotta do it or youll never be nothin and others will.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    there's some good rappers comin from the west from the bay to la, they just aint gettin that major label push so the younger artists gotta fend for themselves and do the independent grind.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    704Hustla wrote: »
    there's some good rappers comin from the west from the bay to la, they just aint gettin that major label push so the younger artists gotta fend for themselves and do the independent grind.

I can agree with that. Altho the talent is obvious around the west ...Besides Aftermath (which kinda dont count, come on now) there aint no real big labels out here like tha Row use to be, Like Young Money, or Roc Nation or even G unit before 50 lost control and got wack that has a whole stable of ? with mdeia and budgets behind them

• CALI KUSH
    CALI KUSH Members Posts: 196
    Options
    ? this thread!..the WEST coast has been on top you ? ! do your research before u make ? ignorant threads like this!
  • CALI KUSH
    Options
    lets be serious who in the east is poppin right now!? let me know because I honestly dont see it or hear it..and I like eastcoast rap!...the south is koo rosays tearin it up right now but every one else out there all they rap about is money cars woman! that ? is wack! as far as the westcoast WE GOT TALENT FOR DAYS!! ? what your talking about..yall ? is some jealous muthafuckas! deal with it WESTCOAST IS ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the west would rise if Suge was on top.......

Suge might be the reason the west fell off and the reason pac died in vegas cause Pac fought another man who snatched a deathrow chain.....

Deathrow couldve been the biggest ? label ever and wouldve had a total record sales in the billions...

But Suge wanted to mix streets with business and it effected everything if he acted his age and stopped bullying his artists they would all still be there....

Dre>>>Suge

Dre is still going strong and all his artists get paid some might not have release dates but ya cant blame dre that's Jimmy's fault.

Dre is an icon to hip hop....Suge isnt
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    CALI KUSH wrote: »
    lets be serious who in the east is poppin right now!? let me know because I honestly dont see it or hear it..and I like eastcoast rap!...the south is koo rosays tearin it up right now but every one else out there all they rap about is money cars woman! that ? is wack! as far as the westcoast WE GOT TALENT FOR DAYS!! ? what your talking about..yall ? is some jealous muthafuckas! deal with it WESTCOAST IS ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!

STOP

The bolded is blatant trollin

Who been poppin from the west dog? Cali = regional hip hop

Your rappas are local

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Co sign menace. Suge couldn't change his mentality.

@tommy

How did 2pac ruin hip hop though? There ain't a rapper out there who isn't influenced by pacs legacy.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co sign menace. Suge couldn't change his mentality.

@tommy

How did 2pac ruin hip hop though? There ain't a rapper out there who isn't influenced by pacs legacy.

he's a troll fam
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupakk ruined hip hop by starting a coastal war because he wanted to "sell records" by blaming biggie and puff for him gettin disciplined,robbed,shot and pistol whooped.He was a divisive loudmouth who made hip hop a war zone and perpetuated the problems that plague the blacc community daily.

Instead of being a leader and talkin to big like a real ? he hooped and hollered and yelled westsiiide and influenced young brothas to gang bang,sell dope and shoot ? his whole influence was terrible

Biggie da Goat is dead cuz of that crab ? ,no more biggie records means hip hop lost forever
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we focus on unity and put petty affiliates to the side then we could push this movement to the forefront of HipHop.

We got the diversity and young blood we just need some spotlight.

Salute Dre for putting his focus back on artists from his region.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupakk ruined hip hop by starting a coastal war because he wanted to "sell records" by blaming biggie and puff for him gettin disciplined,robbed,shot and pistol whooped.He was a divisive loudmouth who made hip hop a war zone and perpetuated the problems that plague the blacc community daily.

Instead of being a leader and talkin to big like a real ? he hooped and hollered and yelled westsiiide and influenced young brothas to gang bang,sell dope and shoot ? his whole influence was terrible

Biggie da Goat is dead cuz of that crab ? ,no more biggie records means hip hop lost forever

once again 2pac didn't start a coastal war. he made it loud and clear that his beef was only with biggie.

he showed respect to the East.

and lol @ influenced like if biggie wasn't influencing anybody to sell drugs and treat women like hoes. what you blaming pac for big did the same ? .

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited August 2012
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Suge might be the reason the west fell off and the reason pac died in vegas cause Pac fought another man who snatched a deathrow chain.....

Deathrow couldve been the biggest ? label ever and wouldve had a total record sales in the billions...

But Suge wanted to mix streets with business and it effected everything if he acted his age and stopped bullying his artists they would all still be there....

Dre>>>Suge

Dre is still going strong and all his artists get paid some might not have release dates but ya cant blame dre that's Jimmy's fault.

suge is da reason y da west was on top ? azz dre sold out wit a CRACKA from da D ? him suge aint neva turn his back on cali like ? AZZ DRE!
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »

Dre>>>Suge

suge is da reason y da west was on top ? azz dre sold out wit a CRACKA from da D ? him suge aint neva turn his back on cali like ? AZZ DRE!

lol tabernacle!
  • CALI KUSH
    Options

haha BIGGIE the goat? typical eastcoast ignorant ? ..let me guess your favorite rapper is jay z? lmao foh!! ? how did 2pac start a coastal war you dumb ? ? the media did that ? ..2pac had a big mouth but he backed it up...its funny that after he died all them diss tracks started coming out.. Biggie " long kiss goodnight" mobb deep " its mine" " drop a gem on em" etc.. 2pac came out with " hit em up" and smashed on everyone thats still the best diss track ever! ? ? !

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    haha BIGGIE the goat? typical eastcoast ignorant ? ..let me guess your favorite rapper is jay z? lmao foh!! ? how did 2pac start a coastal war you dumb ? ? the media did that ? ..2pac had a big mouth but he backed it up...its funny that after he died all them diss tracks started coming out.. Biggie " long kiss goodnight" mobb deep " its mine" " drop a gem on em" etc.. 2pac came out with " hit em up" and smashed on everyone thats still the best diss track ever! ? ? !

fam that is a white gurl tammy dont know wtf she b talkin about pay her no mind she h8z pac cuz hez BLK lol
  • CALI KUSH
    Options

fam that is a white gurl tammy dont know wtf she b talkin about pay her no mind she h8z pac cuz hez BLK lol

hahaha

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dre>>>Suge

he's also the reason tupac's dead.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options