50 Cent Says He "Disabled" Lloyd Banks & Tony Yayo

Options
BostonDro
BostonDro Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
50 Cent also explains how "New Day" was originally meant for Dr. Dre's "Detox."

50 Cent recently said that Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo need to "get themselves together," stating that he hasn't spoken with his G-Unit crew in months. During an interview with XXLMag.com, Fif faults himself for closing the lines of communication, but states that he did so much for their careers that they lost the will to promote themselves.

"I actually haven’t spoke to ‘em very much. I’m to fault for that, though. I think I disabled them," he said. "I did so much for them that they don’t have a continuous work ethic. They got both of those tapes out there, but did you see any visuals? Anything? There’s certain things that the new guy is doing to create momentum or energy. They just sit there and wait. When someone works for you, you have the habit of dealing with things by not dealing with them. You may get in the regimen of coming over and doing it for them."

He also talked about "New Day" featuring Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre, the lead single from his upcoming album Street King Immortal. He revealed that the record was originally intended for Detox, but that it had a better home on his own project.

"The actual track was produced originally for [Dr. Dre's album] Detox. I was actually recording with Dre for his record and when he played it, it had a chorus that was a little darker. When he sent it to her, Alicia sent it back with 'New Day' and it had additional strings on it. He wasn’t sure that he wanted to use it because of creatively where he was at on his project. I was like, 'I can use that' because it would be the bright side of what I’m offering in my body of work. He was like, 'Okay, take it then.' Obviously, it was a hit. They’re sitting on it and after a while, she recorded additional verses and leaked the record."

Read the full interview at XXLMag.com

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    This ? uses the word actual/actually entirely too much doin interviews
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    He has a point about visuals..but Banks will be alright.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    banks workin wit drama next to get buzzin in da south
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    he has a point... with Banks at least. he should of shot some videos for V6.

as for Yayo, the only thing he's good at is being a hype man and weed carrier.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree wit him tho. I think he's gonna end up droppin them too and pullin an Eminem move and make G-unit 2.0
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree wit him tho. I think he's gonna end up droppin them too and pullin an Eminem move and make G-unit 2.0

i don't like 50 but that would be interesting
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @black I aint gonna lie when he first came out wit get rich I didn't like him either. But after a while listenin to the lyrics and how hungry the crew was back then that ? was like a hustla's inspiration. Since then I like his music
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @black I aint gonna lie when he first came out wit get rich I didn't like him either. But after a while listenin to the lyrics and how hungry the crew was back then that ? was like a hustla's inspiration. Since then I like his music

after GRODT he fell off hard and doing stupid crab in a bucket ? like "Piggy Bank"
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every ? beat made was for Detox at some point....
  • damayor187
    damayor187 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get how he expects his artists who are signed to G-unit to go out and do what the label is suppose to do. If they drop something his label should have a street team and promotion department that create and handle the buzz for his artists, because ultimately he is the CEO and they are making him money plus they ARE his artists.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hip-Hop fans says they "Disabled" 50 Cent's stanky ass music
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

50 should really scoop up nipsy hustle form LA and then get one of them cats from down south and pull a jay Z and jus ride they coat tails like jigga does with Kanye
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he airs out too much laundry... handle your team in private...
  • damayor187
    damayor187 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would anyone sign with 50 he putting his team on blast for not doing something his company should be doing for his artists.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them wack ass ? disabled themselves
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he actually made good points bout Banks and Yayo and that new day ? isn't hitting on anything
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh at this fool.... He said he disabled them wow
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only ? he "disabled" is Young Buck
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    smh at this fool.... He said he disabled them wow

He aint lying....after banks 2nd album 50 didnt do ? for him and we havent seen another banks album since.....yayo been dead he only has one album and didnt bounce back since then so oh well....game tried to warn them ?
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he right banks should of had at least 1 video for V6, he down with fab i know nigel of realtalk ny does a lot of fabs ? . he cant do 1 vid cheap 4 banks? and yayo needs vids and more promotion of his tapes
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not that i'm waiting for Detox, but i'm glad that ? song didn't make it to Detox. ? sounds like it was produced by a bunch of amateur band geeks.

And yeah, Blue Hefner shoulda had some visuals for V6.
  • aneed123
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    he right banks should of had at least 1 video for V6, he down with fab i know nigel of realtalk ny does a lot of fabs ? . he cant do 1 vid cheap 4 banks? and yayo needs vids and more promotion of his tapes

dude is heartless..... thoses were his "boys" who stayed and were his doo boys and rode with/for him in beefs...and he "disabled" them a damn shame.... How is Banks gonna afford to make videos Isnt 50 in charge of that or the labels?
  • vageneral08
    edited August 2012
    Options

dude is heartless..... thoses were his "boys" who stayed and were his doo boys and rode with/for him in beefs...and he "disabled" them a damn shame.... How is Banks gonna afford to make videos Isnt 50 in charge of that or the labels?

? when it comes to business it's only so much a ? can do for you....he really put them in a great situation but buck wanted to smoked his money up, banks still thought he had his hype from 03 and yayo is playing the memphis bleek character hoping he will eat off what 50 gives him but 50 aint having that ? he got tired of holding them ? hands
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Not that i'm waiting for Detox, but i'm glad that ? song didn't make it to Detox. ? sounds like it was produced by a bunch of amateur band geeks.

And yeah, Blue Hefner shoulda had some visuals for V6.

is that little gabby in your sig?
  • aneed123
    Options

? when it comes to business it's only so much a ? can do for you....he really put them in a great situation but buck wanted to smoked his money up, banks still thought he had his hype from 03 and yayo is playing the memphis bleek character hoping he will eat off what 50 gives him but 50 aint having that ? he got tired of holding them ? hands

naw he aint do ? for them in years.... just shows they are friends for real... There are ways of saying ? that ? said disabled smh... Banks dissn Ross for 50 only to be disabled lol 50 all bout himself which is fine but those 2 stoob by him to the end