Where do you rank "Back Down" on the all time diss record list?

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Reasonable doubt don't sound ? like wacc ass illmatic,it has better production and better songs

Its a better album too, you can be a sheep and believe nas

Just like jigga said nas had the worst verse on oochie wally and the unoriginal nas just repeats that premise by sayin em murdered jigga on renegade when the truth jiggas bars>>>em's

Ether is overrated and jigga clapped nas again on that blueprint 2 diss damn near as bad as he did on takeover

That's why Jigga won the battle his disses made more sense.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Made more sence about prodigy that's about it. Stop fightin the fact that Nas hurt that ? something terrible as well as tupac abused biggie
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable doubt don't sound ? like wacc ass illmatic,it has better production and better songs

Just like jigga said nas had the worst verse on oochie wally and the unoriginal nas just repeats that premise by sayin em murdered jigga on renegade when the truth jiggas bars>>>em's

Ether is overrated and jigga clapped nas again on that blueprint 2 diss damn near as bad as he did on takeover

That why Jigga won the battle his disses made more sense.

a guy who thinks that illmatic is wack shouldn't to be taken seriously

because it's obvious that the reason for hating nas that much is loving jay-z so ? much
    i am a nas fan more than jay but also jay-z's reasonable doubt, the black album, the blueprint are classics to me
    and also BP2 and AG are dope albums to me
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Word it "affected" jigga to the point he sold more records,dropped better music,and became one of the richest rappas EVER after he so called "lost"

Lmao

I dont know why people post that youtube video theres no evidence of jigga cryin at all

because it's obvious that the reason for hating nas that much is loving jay-z so ? much
    i am a nas fan more than jay but also jay-z's reasonable doubt, the black album, the blueprint are classics to me

^sheep post

Its called an opinion, an album wit 9 songs total and 5 of em are good is not a classic.Only sheep believe that

Memory lane,one luv,one time 4 your mind and halftime are wacc as fucc

I like stillmatic thats nas best album and the only classic he ever dropped and nas is good lyricist never said I dont bump nas or he wacc
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wacc ass illmatic

I had Illmatic on bootleg
    The ? was so ahead, thought we was all dead - Jay-Z, A Star Is Born.

Not to mention Ski Beatz sampled The World Is Yours for both versions of Dead Presidents.

Illmatic is far from wack.
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N YO HOOD wrote: »
    Not to many diss records actualy killed Careers but this one did

No, snitching killed this particular career.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? actually shut Ja down

• can'tyoutell
    Options
    What's he dissing Ja over in this track?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CALI KUSH
    CALI KUSH Members Posts: 196
    Options
    Word it "affected" jigga to the point he sold more records,dropped better music,and became one of the richest rappas EVER after he so called "lost"

Lmao

I dont know why people post that youtube video theres no evidence of jigga cryin at all

JIGGA is overrated, is it just me or does this ? get outshined alot when hes on tracks with other rappers!..
    you're just a jigga ? rider..youre more on his nuts more than his own ? is!! when ever theres a thread about any eastcoast rappers..you never say anything bad...but when its a rapper from another coast your quick to talk ? ! foh lame ass ?

• can'tyoutell
    Options
    Just listened to track. Probably some of the most elementary lyrics i've heard. The beat and chorus is good though. This ain't good diss record though.
  • can'tyoutell
    Options
    By the way, anyone that stopped listening to Ja Rule because 50 cent said not to...smh, you're what's wrong with hip hop.
  • Nile Gambino
    Options

Lmao

^sheep post

Its called an opinion, an album wit 9 songs total and 5 of em are good is not a classic.Only sheep believe that

I like stillmatic thats nas best album and the only classic he ever dropped and nas is good lyricist never said I dont bump nas or he wacc

if you thinks these joints are wack then you are the ? sheep and your so called opinion is extremely biased
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2012
    Options
    CALI KUSH wrote: »

Lmao

JIGGA is overrated, is it just me or does this ? get outshined alot when hes on tracks with other rappers!..

Its just you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oHtI-yYwaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHjgzA9YdGI

He got outshined on these? Fucc outta here ?

• Nile Gambino
    Options
    it was written
    i am
    stillmatic
    ? 'son
    street disciple
    the lost tapes
    life is good
    classics ? any other opinion
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was written
    i am
    stillmatic
    ? 'son
    street disciple
    the lost tapes
    life is good

WHOA

Im a big NaS fan but no

only classics are

iLLmatic
    It Was Written
    Stillmatic

nothing more than that the rest of his albums are dope
  • NJ Giants
    NJ Giants Members Posts: 35
    Options
    Back Down didnt end ja rules career 50s buzz and ja falling off did. And the realest killers record with pac is a better diss imo.
  • Nile Gambino
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    it was written
    i am
    stillmatic
    ? 'son
    street disciple
    the lost tapes
    life is good

WHOA

Im a big NaS fan but no

only classics are

iLLmatic
    It Was Written
    Stillmatic

nothing more than that the rest of his albums are dope

i will just respond like any other fool in this IC which is
    it's my opinion these albums are dope to me and i enjoy listening to this ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Lmao

^sheep post

if you thinks these joints are wack then you are the ? sheep and your so called opinion is extremely biased

Stop catchin feelins.If u said all of my favorite artists albums were trash I wouldn't care

Cuz you entitled to that opinion, everybody aint gonna like what u like music,comedy,women's looks,style are ALL subjective

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The diss was solid, but one of the best ever? Nahh, it's not even in my top 10.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 a real ? when it comes to dissing rappers, who did he murk? ja rule and....?
    Fat Joe, Jay Z, Nas, Big Pun, Kurupt, Game, Bang Em Smurf, Black Child, Sheek Louch, Jadakiss, wack ass Cam'ron, Yukmouth, Styles P, Rick Ross and even Raekwon's side project murked him. what kind of ? would suck 50 cents ? after that?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe not the best diss record of all time but im not sure a diss record had any more of an impact on 2 careers the way back down did
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Lmao

^sheep post

RD only had BK's Finest, D'evils, Can I live 2, and cant knock the husle for stand out tracks. Politics as usual, 22 twos,Aint no ? (the anthem for simps), and Feelin it were all wack as hell with really bad beats but it dont stop you ? from sayin that album is a classic.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How'd we get from a 50 Cent thread to someone calling Illmatic wack and Street's Disciple a classic? SMFH