Kobe Bryant says he already knows it all and his USA teammates can't tell him nothing

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Kobe Bryant says he has nothing to learn from his Team USA teammates

To many players, Olympic basketball is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and a learning experience. Kobe, on the other hand, is too good for all that.

According to USA TODAY Sports, Bryant says he is in a place in his career that everyone else on the team wants to get to. He also says there is no player on the Team USA roster that can teach him anything.

“I’m where everybody wants to get to,” Kobe said when asked what it’s like to be the old guy on the team. “I just happen to be still playing.”

He was then asked if he can learn anything form the younger players on the team.

“No,” he replied. ”I don’t know if I know it all, but I know more than they do.”

Oh yeah, and he is also the self-proclaimed best post player on the team — ahead of lone center Tyson Chandler.

“No, no, no,” Kobe interrupted when asked if he was the second-best post player behind Chandler. “Not other than Tyson Chandler. I’m the best post player on this team, period. Tyson Chandler is not in that conversation.”

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/article/kobe_bryant_says_he_has_nothing_to_learn_from_his_team_usa_teammates/11415094/

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sarcasm? maybe,maybe not..either way kobe need to sdfu and play.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kobe is a damn ass...al he know is bball...but life after bball gone be tough....only ppl that wanna hang with him is the ppl he takes care of.

i hate arrogant ? .

he should have came off like he has more experience...but saying no one can teach him....yup Im sure jordan thought that until he got crossed over....twice
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow... but I expect this from him.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? he's telling the truth
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, sure, he's the eldest and is skilled in the post, but LOL at the hubris. He's gonna continue to jack up stupid shots next season, though, playing hero ball like he's in his 20's.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All he did was tell the truth.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    kobe should have saved this interview till after the olymics....right now its all about the gold......he my fave player but you never STOP learning....... he could pick up lebrons court vision....thats something bron does better than him
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    same ? who said jordan already knows hes a bad ?

kobe "no ? " bryant
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe seems to be still mad about how ? his first half was against Australia....another game like that and he may be out of the starting lineup in the gold medal game.

Dude has always been arrogant, I thought it'll fade with age, but it actually seems to have gotten worse
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this responce so surprising to you ? ? This is Kobe Bryant we talkin about. I agree,...what can the ? teach him? He got more rings than any of the teamates combined so I don't think its outta line, I think its accurate when he says He's where his teamates aspire to be. If they any kind of competators they better want 6 chips, and want to play 17 years at a higher level than anyone who has ever played 17 plus seasons. What's he suppose to say when he's learned from the best philosphical mind ever in Phil Jax? After a guy like phil id probably feel like another ? tryna teach me something is kinda ehhh too!

And the Tyson chandler thing, I really believe offensively he was speakin real talk in terms of footwork and back to the basket ? . Tyson ain't exacly Zbo. Or Pau Gasol or Tim Dunkan with the post game. He s more of a pick n roll throw a lob to him type of amare style ? ,...he don't even try to post up nowhere near as much as kobe has tried during the olympic games.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He didn't lie, though. He got enough finesse in the post to ? on bigger dudes and enough strength to bull smaller guards.

Truth hurts and sometimes doesn't need to be said.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Kobe but he is correct
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @DrJEK c/s Im not even a kobe fan.. but yall acting like he's lying. hes the OG on that team wit 5 chips. only other team USa players wit rings is Lebron n CHandler.. WTF he supposed to say "yeah Kevin Love is really dropping knowledge on me" -_-
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe is chilling right now.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can learn beard fashion tips from harden
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe been talking out his ass the past 2 years, "They're not at my lunch table" ,"We're better than the Dream Team"

I'm a Kobe fan but it's getting hard to defend this ? ,having Dwight Howard isn't gonna help his resume either.

Even if they win the chip people are always gonna say he had superior bigmen.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Kobe been talking out his ass the past 2 years, "They're not at my lunch table" ,"We're better than the Dream Team"

I'm a Kobe fan but it's getting hard to defend this ? ,having Dwight Howard isn't gonna help his resume either.

Even if they win the chip people are always gonna say he had superior bigmen.

he aint said nothin that needs defending except the dream team thing, and that subjective/matter of opinion.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these ? won't hold heeeeem back THESE ? WON'T HOLD HEEEEEEM BACK !
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if ? want Kobe to ? ....STOP ASKING HIM STUPID ? QUESTIONS.....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    this ? needs some theme music now when he give a interview son talking that ? .. son studied mike game now he's studying mike Son'in game

• tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it man that ? kobe keeps it real. I respect any man who says what he's really thinking instead of giving politically correct answers
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Kobe's attitude

we need more ? like that in the league
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta respect the ? for speaking his mind.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    this is one thing i like about Kobe, he maybe an ? but you're guaranteed a good soundbyte or two from him every interview.

none of that recycled nice guy ? .