Nas Lost (Ghostwriters)

Options

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sonned Dream Hampton and all she did was tweet about some misogynist ? and threatening to meet her at a coffee shop in Detroit.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt dream and jay get sued for the book decoded?
    and yea their are rumors swirling about her being a ? different dudes in the industry

how does dream look?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    on some real tho i use a ghostposter to post for me from time to time
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    how does dream look?

Ugly and fat.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    damn so somebody wrote the verse for him on triple beam dreams!? smh that verse was fire

and she aint bad lookin if you like that natrual unkept look
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    She sure ain't cute.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    She sure ain't cute.

got a nother pic? that pic just might be an off night..on the big behind the music she didnt look that bad

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1978_50181358203_532933203_1461571_4753_n.jpeg

If that's her....? it, I'd hit...them glasses on the table look nice, she might have a couple dollars.

In any event she isn't anyone with any credibility.

I saw you FLAMING her on twitter @Buttah_b it was pretty funny
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    cant see pic its a red x
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    When you got a generation that was born around the same time Illmatic & It Was Written dropped what do you expect ? Nas don't even write, everything comes off the dome. The public perception is weighing Nas to the likes of cats like Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Drake, Rick Ross, T.I. etc. so when the quality of the music transcends ANYTHING that those artists have produced in the last 10 years folks gonna try to come up w/ an excuse as to why SMH.

There is NO artist in the history of hip-hop that has been doin it as long as Nas with the technical prowess in their lyrics as dude. IMO I see it more as a compliment for how strong the quality of music/album is that people would go out of their way to say you got ghostwriters LOLOL.

what does that have to do with anything
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    How the hell yall see me on twitter if you don't follow me? What's yall twitters?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    ? called her JR mafias jump off lol
  • buttuh_b
    Options
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    On a side note, I was kind of surprised when I found out Craig G. wrote the battle rhymes for Eminem in 8 mile...

If Eminem uses a ghostwriter once in awhile then maybe Nas does too?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reading Stic Man's response to the rumors pretty much somes it up

allhiphop.com/2012/08/14/hip-hop-rumors-stic-man-of-dead-prez-speaks-on-nas-ghostwiting-rumors/

For those that don't click lanks

sticmarebuttal2.png
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So nobody gonna flame the cat the wrote the blog? FWMJ?

You might want to...

I've been reading his tweets and Hampton's. Seems he at least is getting some kind of kick out of all this. I'm sure more people have read their blogs and follow them on twitter now than they did before.

In any event their boy Jay Electronica has left their ? flapping in the wind because he has yet to corroborate their story (some good personal friend he is).

I said it before this ? is like a steroid scandal, once you put that ? in the air people grasp on and run with it.

The whole defense was put in less that 150 characters by one of FWMJ's followers who said "they [hampton & FWMJ] don't have anything to gain by lying but Nas does"

Its that simple for the simple-minded, its true because denying it benefits you. "Of course Stic & Jay are going to say it isn't because they don't want to embarrass Nas"....that's why this ? is so insulting.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Dream hampton was getting destroyed on Twitter
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's what stic.man says of his contribution to Untitled:

DX: How did you start working with Nas for this album?

Stic.man: We knew Nas for a minute, [since when] we were on Columbia. This particular time, he just reached out. He actually reached out to M1 [click to read] and askedI dont even think he knew who did our beats. M1 hit me and said that Nas wanted us to come to the studio and hang out, write, produce, whatever, do some collab work. But he wasnt real specific on what he wanted us to do, so I assumed he wanted us to rap on something. Just cause thats what people usually use our brand for, because of what we have to say.

So I went out to L.A. with my pad, ready to rap my ass off with one of my favorite emcees. [Laughs] He was totally like, Yo, I want yall to produce this. Do yall have any idea how you could develop this particular thought? I want to get at Fox News, got any beats for that? I found out over a few days that he wasnt really interested in us rapping or being featured, but he wanted a sound and he wanted some help in conceptualizing his ideas. Thats pretty much what I do with dead prez, so M1 just sort of fell back, like, Knock it out. Make the beats happen. Thats pretty how we got into the mood. I ended up doing five or six things musically that he wanted for his record. I think he ended up choosing three. But it was good. Hed say, Heres a concept, and we just started building on it. Id play some tracks, I made some ? on the spot. Some stuff I produced, like the Untitled song, Nas hit me two days before his deadline. He said, I need some ? about [Louis] Farrakhan. Hook me up with a track, ? . [Laughs] I did something that I felt, I wasnt sure if he was going to ? with it or not. I sent it to him, I hit him late that night, and he was like, Its done and mixed. Before I even heard where he was going with it, it was mixed and ready to go. You know how industry ? goes, sometimes you dont always [record music] in the same room at the same time.

We did Sly Fox [click to read] in the same room same time, and Untitled I did in Atlanta. The Youre Not Alone record, as far as all the singing and the beat, I was working on it for the dead prez Information Age album. But I thought, Nas would ? this ? .

Yea Stic man wrote this lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1t5C7aEGU

reading is fundemental

Spell fundamental correctly.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    This is about da dumbest ? Ive heard in a min. By this theory, everybody has ghostwriters. Every artist gets ideas and concepts from other artist and producers in the studio. Any rapper on here knows that. Erebody be in da studio throwin ideas at each other ¨Nah, I think u should say dis¨ ¨What about if u say da hook like dis¨ . Cmon man. Thats not ghostwritting. smh
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread was hilarious until the trolls came in.

Anyways, many rappers have co-writers and it's not necessarily because they need ideas, it's because the label wants songs to sound a certain way or have a certain format. Even Nas himself alluded to this in "We Major" with Kanye West:

I heard the beat and I ain't know what to write
    First line should it be about the hoes or the ice?
    Fo-fo's or Black Christ? Both flows'd be nice
    Rap about big paper or the black man plight
    At the studio console, asked my man to the right
    What this verse sound like, should I freestyle or write?

He's been exposed his process. This isn't a secret or new.
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? didn't believe that ? to begin with.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blazn101 wrote: »
    ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTRONICA ‏@JayElectronica
    Nas is one of the Greatest Ever. never has and never will need a ghostwriter. that man’s pen and legacy is without question.

And there you have it folks.....

Click on track #17 "Untitled" for the opening 21 seconds
    http://www.getrightmusic.com/mixtape/post/dj_ah_jay_electronica_best_of_so_far
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Here comes Kim Osorio right on time like I predicted. Another scorned industry ? .