Rick Ross Speaks On Being A C.O In The Past With white man mag,but not hiphop centric news outlets

Options
blackbloc
blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
Nice… so he’ll talk to the white folks about his past… but gets upset when one of his own asks him about it:

For the first time, Ross talks about his past life as a corrections officer – an opportunity, he says, to “wash my hands” after his best friend was sentenced to 10 years for trafficking ? and heroin:

“This was my best friend, who I ate peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with, and pork and beans with, my buddy, my partner, my number-one dude. Suddenly I’m talking to him over federal phone calls. Hearing the way it was building, I knew I couldn’t take nothing for granted,” says Ross. “My ? ’s father was a huge influence on my life, too . . . He was the one who was like, ‘Yo, go get a job somewhere, man. Go be a fireman. Or go be a ? corrections officer. Just go sit down somewhere.”

rollingstone.com/music/news/on-the-cover-rick-ross-gangster-of-love-20120815
rollingstone.com/music/videos/behind-the-scenes-with-rick-ross-20120815#ooid=5iMHJsNTrKnQAcI6TG5UGPpMquQYPu3H

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Lol I wonder what made him finally wanna speak on it?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wanted to put the blacks behind bars and than rap about him doing the crimes they did. He works for the whites to get rid of the ? who continue to destroy civilization.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clubbing a ? down with a baton in the prison yard >>> gunning down a ? in the streets
    Ross won
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    It's funny cuz last time he said he was part of a team and his assignment was to be a C/O and insinuated he was a crooked C/O, now he claims he did it to save his own life, ? stick to a story.

Lol word...the Boobie Boys
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 years too late partna
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know how to feel about this story...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao inconsistent ass ? .

This actually sounds more like the truth though.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a fucc at this point.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Chief Deputy William "Bill" Roberts does it again.... another mention of food. The best memories he had of his friend was at the trough

pigs_trough.jpg

Chief Deputy William "Bill" Roberts next hot album "Mmmm, Cake Mix" with hit singles "Butterbeans & Cracklin Bread" and also "Pilsbury Stay Puff" in store March 25th 2013
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why anyone gives a ? how another man makes his money is beyond me. He did the interview so he had to answer somehow. But when will we stop caring so much about other peoples past. It aint like we dont have our own skeletons. Dude has a family to feed like many others..And he aint a C.O. now...so why does it matter?
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait for it....................................
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I had a job when I was 19. Not in law enforcement. But havin a job aint the issue. But the whole thing just affects him as the type of rapper he is. No other rapper with crime content has such an anti crime background. It just does affect him. Its just the way it is. But not enough for the casual listener or fan to not listen to his songs.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where is the follow up to this. I mean they didn't ask him why he choose to be a CO? I mean if seeing your man get locked was the real reason you got out the game then why not just say that to begin with. And he's also implying that he was done with hustling at that age b/c of what happened to his friend. So I'm really lost on when he was supposedly in the streets like that. And what's up now with his man and his man's father that was a positive influence?

oh well
  • FLAWDACHOPPA305
    FLAWDACHOPPA305 Members Posts: 50
    Options
    DAT ? AIN NO REAL KILLA MIA BOWNY HUNTA ? HE GET FED TO DEM GATAZ ROUN HERE SHAWTY BLEEDAT ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chief Deputy William "Bill" Roberts does it again.... another mention of food. The best memories he had of his friend was at the trough

pigs_trough.jpg

Chief Deputy William "Bill" Roberts next hot album "Mmmm, Cake Mix" with hit singles "Butterbeans & Cracklin Bread" and also "Pilsbury Stay Puff" in store March 25th 2013

I died and ? ressurect and died again numerous of times!!!!!! That ? LOL and GOAT at the same time.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all know why he didn't admit it from the jump....same reason why Emenim didn't admit to the racist tapes when they came out.

When you see everything you worked for about to go down the drain and the possibility that you might lose your career you might not be as forthcoming in that state of duress as you would be on a day at the beach.

The streets let it be known they don't have an issue with it and the rappers from the streets don't have an issue with it but it's still a major issue of concern for people from outside or communities who don't come from our environment. That last fact is the most interesting thing about this played out saga.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait for it....................................
    the disciples of Second Missionary Of Rozay Tabernacle have begun to file in, sworn to protect their leader. the almighty ricky rozay, c.o. of the month.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You see, that's the problem with the IC: If a poster LIKES an artist - they can do NO WRONG. If a poster DOES'NT LIKE an artist they can do NO RIGHT.

EVERYONE knows that this is a LOSS for Ross. Stop trying to spin it into something acceptable.

I'm un-biased, right in the middle. I like some of his music, but I can admit that this whole episode has been some fake ? .