(Motive of Dream Hampton) The Praises & Classic Rating of Life is Good brings out Jay-Z Insecurities

Options

Comments

• Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    She's thu, career in the gotdamn bushes. She got a personal beef with Nas apparently she said:
    I wish rappers had the space to say 'I was blocked, plus, I don't really know that revolutionary ? like that, so I passed the pen'

How she know what Nas knows?

Its getting ridiculous, this broad is falling apart out here.

Just did throw shots when he said that people who don't know what producing is needs to "shhh" and he was right to do so. I wish he just said she need to shut up. Stic.Man has told what he did 3 times and his story never changed...as far as most people are concerned its a dead issue.

Again "misogyny" isn't calling you out on your ? . I agree some people shouldn't threaten her but she also needs to put a lid on whatever beef she got with Nasir, he probably not studdin her.

She ain't really follow Nas career then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u06hypK_BqM

• Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Options
    'You can't see the sky without the moonlight and stars, the sunlight blocking everything the king Amen Ra'
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Industry hoe. No one really pays attention took her anyways. These hip hop journalists get little to no shine
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasir Jones ‏@Nas
    It's not Hip-Hop is Dead no more. We're just practicing a lost hidden art. Don't get too deep on me people, just thinkin' out loud
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @hrap180 good lookin on for dropping breaking news and changing the direction of the thread.

Dream Hampton is in a position and was/is held as a respectable, powerful Journalist and a documentarian who is respected as a writer in hip-hop. She have the inside information and knowledge that was in-trusted in her by emcee's, producers, A&R's DJ's, CEO'S. And with that information she know that if she wanted to she can end careers on artist.

With her fandom she crossed a line that i think will hurt her now and for the rest of her career, she worked to hard to let her fandom she have of Jay-Z in which is well known through out the industry to cloud her judgement to defend a person who she co-wrote a book (Decoded) for.

So to the IC COMMUNITY do you think Dream Hampton should of kept her mouth shut even though it's not true and if it was true people like her do they hurt hip-hop.
  • waterproof
    edited August 2012
    Options
    And I might add do yall think it's shows how NAS have a reputation and his art and lyricals skills is cemented in hip-hop that even rumors of NAS having ghostwriter couldn't even tarnish Nas. Now if it was somebody else i think the rumor will seriously hurt them
  • waterproof
    edited August 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    @WaterProof

I thought it might be a reach until I dug a little deeper into her background and some of the things she's written.

She Ghost-wrote "Decoded".... If we wanna get technical.

This chick didn't have to tell the world that Biggies best friend was a open homosexual named "Mann" because now eveytime I hear Biggies ? -laced lyrics I wonder if Mann was his ghostwriter or just throwing around ? rhymes in the studio with B.I.G and influencing his lyrics.

Nas is one of our most gifted street-poets and lyricists and Dream Hampton is trying to tarnish his legacy during a Grammy run....she waits 20 years to say Biggie was rolling with a ? and then she waits till Nas best album in a decade and says two other rappers wrote the majority of one of his albums.

Is She is a traitor of the worst kind and her fingers should be cut off and delivered to Nas as punishment.

Dream Hampton needs to be disciplined because the timing behind this leads me to believe that their are ulterior motives and strings being pulled behind the scenes.

I agree that's why i change the title and made myself clear and why all of sudden she wait now to unleash this instead of dropping this so-called ghostwriter fiasco when Untitled dropped. Who's pulling her strings.

she trying to stop Nas from getting a Grammy
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I asked dream hampton on FB to prove her claim about Nas using ghostwriters and this was her response:

dream hampton: Prove that I heard something 4 years ago? No. Believe I'm a liar. Tweets aren't journalism.

Every time she's asked to provide evidence she gives an evasive response.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    @WaterProof

I thought it might be a reach until I dug a little deeper into her background and some of the things she's written.

She Ghost-wrote "Decoded".... If we wanna get technical.

This chick didn't have to tell the world that Biggies best friend was a open homosexual named "Mann" because now eveytime I hear Biggies ? -laced lyrics I wonder if Mann was his ghostwriter or just throwing around ? rhymes in the studio with B.I.G and influencing his lyrics.

Nas is one of our most gifted street-poets and lyricists and Dream Hampton is trying to tarnish his legacy during a Grammy run....she waits 20 years to say Biggie was rolling with a ? and then she waits till Nas best album in a decade and says two other rappers wrote the majority of one of his albums.

She is a traitor of the worst kind and her fingers should be cut off and delivered to Nas as punishment.

Dream Hampton needs to be disciplined because the timing behind this leads me to believe that their are ulterior motives and strings being pulled behind the scenes.
    That's the thing though. Is it out of the question to assume she ain't working alone? This is a woman who's a writer for Jayz. She blatantly used this phony ghostwriter story as a way to big up Jigga. She's a fraud. This is what's wrong with hiphop and America in general. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S PAYING WHO. Somebody's pulling this braud's strings and I can only imagine who it is. This whole story comes out directly after Nas comes out and says "It's been alot of great ones, but aint nobody touching me" comment. Anytime Nas says stuff like this it automatically resonates as a slight to Jigga lol. We all know Jay is as sensitive as they come when it comes to Nas. Why? Because Nas is his only L he took in his time in hiphop. Not to mention Nas STILL makes meaningful music. Jay comes off as uninspired and lazy at times. Nas is a reminder of how disconnected Jay is from his roots.

Bottom line, they respect each other but still resent each other. I wouldn't put it past Jay to pay this skank to spread this nonsense. No matter how much money you have, you can't buy you're way to being the G.O.A.T. No matter how "popular" you are you can't take away from Nas's ability to still write dope ryhmes.

Nasir Jones> Jigga
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I think Jay-Z writes what he believes. Nas' "? " album was largely written by Stic of Dead Prez and Jay Electronica." - Dream Hampton

Her angle on Nas using ghost writers was questionable from the jump. She praises Jay-Z and then throws Nas under the bus with the next sentence. She just a scorned fan, Nas getting that love as the G.O.A.T. and Dream has to throw shade on it, smh. ? 's corny.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That broad knew what she was doing and its odd that just as she says that nonsense a blog on the subject also pops up (FMWJ). Now the ? everywhere: Complex Magazine, Spin Magazine, The Root, Black news sites, all the hip-hop sites, everybody is now trying to question whether Nas really wrote Untitled.

Most are trying to downplay it as "no big deal" but people don't realize that even in casual conversation you don't say Muhammad Ali or Hank Aaron was on steroids, that's just not something you do, and you can't do it without having malicious intent. Ghostwriting is cheating in hip-hop, its all good for people like Diddy or Dr. Dre but cats like Nas are on a different level, you have to have all your ducks in a row when you make that allegation.

At the end of the day a known Jay-Z associate who is heralded as a "hip-hop journalist and historian" (Complex Mag) is putting on notice to the world that perhaps the greatest MC of all time is a fraud. Everything she says about it says she had malicious intent. "....I don't really know this black revolutionary ? like that so I passed the pen", "Untitled was ight, Revolutionary But Gangsta was better" and of course it doesn't hurt that so many "insiders" are now saying "oh its common knowledge" or "everybody needs help" and the like. Its shame that at a time where the man is at the height of his career since Stillmatic that people want to tear him down to build up others.

Its a damn shame that of all the enemies Nas made thoughout his career that women are trying to take him down. First if was his baby moms, Carmen Bryan, talking about Jungle writing his raps (in her book), then Dream Hampton spreading these rumors about Jay Electronica and stic.man and Kim Osorio basically co-signing said rumors and adding her two cents.

I guess at this point we are waiting for Kelis to come in and co-sign. She's probably gonna say Quan wrote Streets Disciple for all we know.

This does smell of conspiracy but I'm not yet ready to say Hov was behind it, I still think it was a disrespectful comment made by a Jigga stan because she couldn't answer a simple question...but I'm not as sure as I was before that she is working alone.
  • waterproof
    Options
    NOW THAT some ? ......Kim Osorio is talking that ? on twitter it's like damn, really.........
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that's when it got real to me. When she came up I knew it was some salt in the game because I haven't even seen or heard her name in MONTHS.
  • waterproof
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah that's when it got real to me. When she came up I knew it was some salt in the game because I haven't even seen or heard her name in MONTHS.

yeah and it's funny because back in the day at the Source she was a stunt and Nas smashed and kept it moving, damn a scorn ? .

THEY GOT IT IN FOR NAS
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I called Kim Osorio coming out the woodworks before it happened.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn ..

Things are really heating up!
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these broads dont even realize that when u try to discredit artists like Nas, u discredit hip hop and yourselves... thats why these broads dont need to be in these positions in the first place...
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    dream hampton can stick to her career with NPR and all that other ? she does because her hip hop card has been revoked. I would gain respect for Jay if he distanced himself from her because that's a bad look for him.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    And I might add do yall think it's shows how NAS have a reputation and his art and lyricals skills is cemented in hip-hop that even rumors of NAS having ghostwriter couldn't even tarnish Nas. Now if it was somebody else i think the rumor will seriously hurt them

Nas is a man who's famous for drawing lyrics. Lyrics are given credit for saving some of his songs or even albums in some people's opinions. It's very damaging to his legacy to hear about him using "ghostwriters". What's foul about this situation is the irresponsible journalism being exercised by hip hop media sites giving this woman credence when she refuses to give proof or evidence.

I just read and responded to an editorial on HHDX basically saying that fans shouldn't look at ghostwriting as a bad thing, and essentially saying we should get over it and understand the process. So many so-called journalists are treating hip hop fans like we're stupid, but they refuse to do their duty as journalists and fact-check this woman's claim. It's sickening that a twitter troll calling herself a journalist gets so much press. If she was really a journalist she should have/would have reported this outright in 2008 when she first heard the alleged reference tracks.

On the real, everybody here should read Cedric Muhammad's editorial from 2010 where he discusses building with Nas in 1995 about Malcolm before he recorded "Silent Murder". That gives insight into Nas' writing process right there. Finally, Stic.man denied writing verses for Nas, Jay E says that Nas pen game is unquestioned, Nas said he didn't use ghostwriters, and Stic. & Jay E both got co-writing credits on the songs they worked on for "? ". So how was it responsible to say they ghostwrote anything when: A.) they denied ghostwriting verses, and B.) they received Co-writing credits? You can't be a ghostwriter if you're cited as a co-writer. A known co-writer should know that.

http://allhiphop.com/2010/05/26/nas-the-most-dangerous-mc-in-the-world/

• buttuh_b
    Options
    I remember reading that article. Silent Murder is one of my favorite songs.
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    Options
    Not saying Jay did this for a fact. But if you think its outta the question you guys obviously haven't played chess before. Do they respect each other? Yes. Do they 100% like each other? HELL NO. Just a few weeks ago Nas said "nobody could F with him" at this rap sh*t & coincidently soon after this ghostwriter BS comes out. By accident? No.

The real question is who is Dream Hampton and does she have anyallegiance w/ Jay

That's what the ? im talking about, but see on the IC there is a bunch of ? that's scared to even go left when everybody is going right bunch of girls that will cry and ? if you ask a question.

Other than you the only two people who came in and didn't ? was thulsa doom who basically said you know how this thread going to go when you made it meaning you know how the girls catch feelings for their jigga.

And nickel slick who's an educated brother who can read and know what's an opinions writing is because he got blogs and said I can't see hov doing ? like that, he gave his peace and I said mines no feelings caught

Now if the girls can take the feelings out and read they would of seen that I said that I can see jay-z pullin at stunt like that because of the past ? he done, and I said I could be wrong, lol they lost their minds.

? crying where's the proof, ? what ? proof it's opinionated smart guy
    waterproof wrote:
    LET ME FIRST STAND UP AND GIVE JAY-Z around of applause...... You did it again Jay-z you had to start some ? . You couldn't just stand to see Nas get those accolades, Critically Acclaims and Classic Ratings of Nas "LIFE IS GOOD"

All the praise of Nas making grown folk hip-hop, taking it back to lyrics with substance and how lyrically Nas is still the illest and made a classic album just poured more ETHER on those unhealed wounds.

When you aint made nothing original since BLUEPRINT, I aint going to front I got the Black Album and it's one of your best work but it aint a hip-hop classic like Blueprint.

Then the Great Civil Rights Activist called out Jay-z "And I think one of the great abuses of this modern time is that we should have had such high-profile artists, powerful celebrities. But they have turned their back on social responsibility. That goes for Jay-Z and Beyonce, for example. Give me Bruce Springsteen, and now you’re talking. I really think he is black."

So what did Jay-z do, like he always do send his people out to throw shots and start ? like how he used Beans and Memphis Bleek to go at JadaKiss, DMX and Nas.

I know damn well that Jay-z used his Decoded GHOST WRITER Dream Hampton to put it out there that Nas used Ghostwriters on Untitled putting stic-man and Jay electronica on front street trying to stir up ? . THAT'S SOME ? ? , HOV you still have insecurities issues you damn near 5 years from 50, worth millions and you still acting like a ? .

If anybody with a brain that can read and look at Untitled album credits you will see that Stic-man have four credits for Co-written and production, meaning he was there brainstorming with Nas, and giving his input on songs like DOC done for Snoop when Snoop was writing ? he went to DOC and DOC will tell Snoop to take words out, use this word instead and ? like that.

Is QGTM influence by Jay Electronica you damn straight, you can hear it the song i wouldn't be suprised that Jay electronica have input.

but this insecurity ? is is sickening.

U sound like a scorned female my ? u really need to try n tone it down a bit definitely not a good look smh

? outta here with ? and talk like a man this aint Grand Auto theft, ? . Only ? nigggas tell another man to tone it down. Lil ? and all the non reading hoes don't know what an opinionated discussion on a topic is, well turn on tv and u might understand, or pay attention in your community college writing class and you might learn some ? you ol hush now you get these folks riled up ass negros.

Silly ass negros stupid smart ? can't tell an opinionated writing from they ass holes but swear up down and take everything in the media ass truth and this is the future, lol

Lls u Is a funny ass ? ... Let's say your conspiracy theory is tru and Jay went through her to discredit Nas tell me how that effects u? Seem like u over there fighting back tears smh... Breath it ain't that serious or that deep talkin bout that's opinionated writing no that's a conspiracy theory u nerd what u goin tell us next that u seen big foot and Alf?
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That broad knew what she was doing and its odd that just as she says that nonsense a blog on the subject also pops up (FMWJ). Now the ? everywhere: Complex Magazine, Spin Magazine, The Root, Black news sites, all the hip-hop sites, everybody is now trying to question whether Nas really wrote Untitled.

Most are trying to downplay it as "no big deal" but people don't realize that even in casual conversation you don't say Muhammad Ali or Hank Aaron was on steroids, that's just not something you do, and you can't do it without having malicious intent. Ghostwriting is cheating in hip-hop, its all good for people like Diddy or Dr. Dre but cats like Nas are on a different level, you have to have all your ducks in a row when you make that allegation.

At the end of the day a known Jay-Z associate who is heralded as a "hip-hop journalist and historian" (Complex Mag) is putting on notice to the world that perhaps the greatest MC of all time is a fraud. Everything she says about it says she had malicious intent. "....I don't really know this black revolutionary ? like that so I passed the pen", "Untitled was ight, Revolutionary But Gangsta was better" and of course it doesn't hurt that so many "insiders" are now saying "oh its common knowledge" or "everybody needs help" and the like. Its shame that at a time where the man is at the height of his career since Stillmatic that people want to tear him down to build up others.

Its a damn shame that of all the enemies Nas made thoughout his career that women are trying to take him down. First if was his baby moms, Carmen Bryan, talking about Jungle writing his raps (in her book), then Dream Hampton spreading these rumors about Jay Electronica and stic.man and Kim Osorio basically co-signing said rumors and adding her two cents.

I guess at this point we are waiting for Kelis to come in and co-sign. She's probably gonna say Quan wrote Streets Disciple for all we know.

This does smell of conspiracy but I'm not yet ready to say Hov was behind it, I still think it was a disrespectful comment made by a Jigga stan because she couldn't answer a simple question...but I'm not as sure as I was before that she is working alone.

C/S the bold...I wouldn't be surprised if people start saying ? like

"Well, how long has Nas used Ghostwriters? Did he really write Illmatic? You know he was on the downside of his career at the time of his beef with Jay-Z and I heard that Prodigy helped him write "Ether"."

Fans are fickle that way, smh. Like H-Rap said, she should never be forgiven for throwing ? out there like that cause Nas is one of the greatest to pick up a pen and ? like "ghostwriters" could affect a man's legacy. I don't believe that ? , but stupid mu'fuckas will take it and run with it.