The Almighty Unpopular Opinion Thread. Volume 17

Options

Comments

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The average "Troll" on a rap forum is a social misfit, loner and societal reject; they choose rap-forums to attention-? on because this is the last corner of the social-media universe were anonymity is accepted.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    The average "Troll" on a rap forum is a social misfit, loner and societal reject; they choose rap-forums to attention-? on because this is the last corner of the social-media universe were anonymity is accepted.

i feel like i now understand you and gee

troll on playas
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banks sucks and Tony Yayo is more lyrical

Reasonable Doubt is Jay's best.

Em did not ripped Jay on "Renegade"

Cappadonna never had a decent verse, he sucks.

Memphis Bleek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Banks.

Pac in top 10 only, top 5 is a bit of a stretch.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the west didnt fall of the hardest, the east did. most their mainstream artist totally abandoned their signature sound..

hip hop's only gonna get more commercial & its best day are far behind her, the music & the money..

That is true. But quality hip hop is coming back to the mainstream.
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt is not anywhere near a classic just a good album but people say it is a classic just cos it's Jay Z's best album, but personally don't think it is a classic but it is his finest work
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    Not really an upnopular opinion at all outside the IC or outside the Internet but just as far as the IC goes i think Recovery is a classic
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - Never heard a wack Bun B verse
    - Queensbridge Projects itself produced better rappers than a few cities have as a whole
    - Snoop the persona > Snoop the rapper
    - "Hit Em Up" was more controversial than ill
  • King Menos
    King Menos Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Options
    ghostface is the best out the Wu
    mos def is top 5 easily
    styles p is better than jadakiss
    ludacris isnt top 20 maybe not 30
    papoose is a great emcee
    kanye west is a legend
    regardless of how skillful pac was he made great music and even if he was acting he at least made music that made u think and thats more than i can say for the majority of music today
    camron is top 10
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I posted here before.....i wont go digging for it but.....

LiL wayne is average af
    Eminem might be the most overrated rapper in the game
    Big L could've blown if he was alive and signed with rocafella
    Outkast>>>Mobb Deep
    Tupac was actually "lyrical" everyone just thinks its the cool thing to say that hes not
    Snoop couldve been the GOAT if he made similar albums to ?
    Biggie shouldnt be considered one of the GOATS with only 2 albums
    Jay Rock>Kendrick Lamar and I like Kendrick
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Big L is the 2nd most overrated rapper ever(tupakk #1) that ? was garbage

Tupakks music sounds dated as fucc and is boring all eyez on me is a wacc ass album

Ugk is garbage

Outkast overrated and had one hot album in 20 years

Jigga clapped nasir on takeover,ether is overrated and full of schoolyard kid disses

Nwa and eazy e were garbage as fucc,the whole west drops wacc ass music outside e-40,cubes 1st 3 albums and hieroglyphics
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aquemini is one of the worst albums ever.Illmatic is an overrated mixtape wit 4 good songs

Lil kim ? on tupakk

Texas has the worst rappers ever and is a wacc ass state.Lmao if you from texas

The blacc album is overrated and not a classic,chronic 2001 is wacc

Biggie never dropped a wacc verse and is the most complete rapper ever and is a better skilled mc than nasir,jigga and anyone else who ever did it

Fif's impact on hip hop>>>>tupakk
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fabolous,lloyd banks,vado, are mad lyrical.
    jim jones solo discography is the best in dipset.
    the doctor's advocate > the documentary.
    trae the truth is >> z-ro
    jeezy is the king of ATL his second album is a classic.
    ASAP mob, flatbush zombies, bodeaga bamz are new york gritty's future.
    troy ave and maino and his group the mafia are the best out of brooklyn now.
    gucci mane is the mixtape trap ? .
    L.A is being held only by game,nipsey and black hippy.
    mack 10 is lyrical.
    wc is the best MC from L.A
    trackmasters are the best producer's from new york.
    nastradamus is a dope album except for the singles.
    when young buck was coming up with g-unit he was better than all the southern rappers at that time.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I'm sorry I was just :)) @ all the names that have been banned on this last page...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "I'll Take Her" by Ill Al Skratch is better than any single by that disgustingly overrated clown Eminem.

Covert Coup by Curren$y and GSNT by Saigon is better than WTT by Jay and Kanye.

East Coast Hip-Hop is gonna make a comeback. ? just need to get more creative, and maybe utilize Dancehall since it's so big back home.. the traditional East Coast sound will never die out, even it has to be used by other artists (e.g. Nameless by Wiz, Tell a Friend by Freddie Gibbs, My ? by Freddie Gibbs, etc.)

2008 was the worst year in Hip-Hop ever. Only album worth purchasing was Untitled by Nas, and that's a shame because there was no good celebratory/feel-good songs on that album besides Breathe.

Eminem ruined Slaughterhouse's last album, and that sucka should stay away from Joe Budden's next album

Murda Muzik by Mobb Deep is a classic album.

Baby Face Killa by Freddie Gibbs would have been a 8.5/10 album it was ever released as an album

Dr. Dre should start a mixtape series consisting of all of the songs he worked on for Detox that wont make the final cut, so he can build up more buzz for Detox.
  • killaguwop
    Options
    "I'll Take Her" by Ill Al Skratch is better than any single by that disgustingly overrated clown Eminem.

East Coast Hip-Hop is gonna make a comeback. ? just need to get more creative, and maybe utilize Dancehall since it's so big back home.. the traditional East Coast sound will never die out, even it has to be used by other artists (e.g. Nameless by Wiz, Tell a Friend by Freddie Gibbs, My ? by Freddie Gibbs, etc.)

2008 was the worst year in Hip-Hop ever. Only album worth purchasing was Untitled by Nas, and that's a shame because there was no good celebratory/feel-good songs on that album besides Breathe.

Eminem ruined Slaughterhouse's last album, and that sucka should stay away from Joe Budden's next album

Baby Face Killa by Freddie Gibbs would have been a 8.5/10 album it was ever released as an album

Dr. Dre should start a mixtape series consisting of all of the songs he worked on for Detox that wont make the final cut, so he can build up more buzz for Detox.

co-sign eminem ? the slaughterhouse album because eminem is a ? pop bubblegum rapper while the 4 MCs of the group are street ? conscious lyricists but it's they fault they signed with this fool.

wtf is dre doing he didn't produce a single track on GKMC,recovery

the eastcoast never fell never will.

freddie gibbs represent the wetcoast that's why signed him because he is so influenced by the west that' why he be wearing chucks and blue flagging just like the whole texas and atlanta especially texas like trae the truth and his clik always wearing khakis and chucks and throwing Bs and Cs
  • DMTxTHC
    edited November 2012
    Options
    killaguwop wrote: »

co-sign eminem ? the slaughterhouse album because eminem is a ? pop bubblegum rapper while the 4 MCs of the group are street ? conscious lyricists but it's they fault they signed with this fool.

freddie gibbs represent the wetcoast that's why signed him because he is so influenced by the west that' why he be wearing chucks and blue flagging just like the whole texas and atlanta especially texas like trae the truth and his clik always wearing khakis and chucks and throwing Bs and Cs

Em has a horrible ear for production. If he had a better ear for production then his albums would probably be average instead of wack.. those who produced for Mood Muzik 3 should work with SH. Just Blaze and The Alchemist are good looks for them as well.

I haven't a clue wtf Dre is doing.. probably enjoying the wealth from Beats by Dre, lol. Last time I seen dude he was looking flabby compared to that video for "I Need A Doctor."

Speaking of the East Coast, Vado needs to make some power moves.. duke got talent..

Freddie is from Gary, Indiana fam. And I'm not familiar with who may have influenced him.. dude did manage to squeeze out a good verse by Dom Kennedy (who is from the West Coast) on his last mixtape though..
  • killaguwop
    Options

Em has a horrible ear for production. If he had a better ear for production then his albums would probably be average instead of wack.. those who produced for Mood Muzik 3 should work with SH. Just Blaze and The Alchemist are good looks for them as well.

I haven't a clue wtf Dre is doing.. probably enjoying the wealth from Beats by Dre, lol. Last time I seen dude he was looking flabby compared to that video for "I Need A Doctor."

Speaking of the East Coast, Vado needs to make some power moves.. duke got talent..

Freddie is from Gary, Indiana fam. And I'm not familiar with who may have influenced him.. dude did manage to squeeze out a good verse by Dom Kennedy on his last mixtape though..

jeezy is influenced by the west just like any body from the south.

vado,troy ave,push,bodega bamz and chinx drugz all of them need major moves because they are all talented.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited November 2012
    Options

Freddie is from Gary, Indiana fam. And I'm not familiar with who may have influenced him.. dude did manage to squeeze out a good verse by Dom Kennedy on his last mixtape though..

jeezy is influenced by the west just like any body from the south.

vado,troy ave,push,bodega bamz and chinx drugz all of them need major moves because they are all talented.

My error, I thought you was tryna say that Freddie was from the West.

And I cosign the bolded.. there was this rapper named Oun-P from my borough that won battles on Freestyle Friday on 106 & Park. I haven't heard anything from him in a long ass time, but dude had bars.. Fred Da Godson is pretty good too, only complaint I have is that his voice sounds feeble at times..
  • killaguwop
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NfoZcpUxW48

this ? right here is the evidence that new york never fell never will.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited November 2012
    Options

GOAT drop ? .. the quality is still there, lyrically.. but imo NY rappers need to make more accessible music to captivate the attention of the casual Hip-Hop fan.. hence why I said utilizing Dancehall might be a good look, since everybody loves to dance to that.. also, I think camps should start (creatively) developing their own signature sounds so that the East Coast's overall sound wont sound so stagnant..
  • killaguwop
    Options

GOAT drop ? .. the quality is still there, lyrically.. but imo NY rappers need to make more accessible music to captivate the attention of the casual Hip-Hop fan.. hence why I said utilizing Dancehall might be a good look, since everybody loves to dance to that..[/quotehttp://
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3YnJB1FgA

that ? is good to boogie to while it's still hard and lyrical
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ether is overrated
    Stillmatic is a bad album
    The last nice ? that came from QU is either Grafh or 50
    All Banks fans should commit that
    Saigon could have been up there if the label didn't screw him over with those wack ass songs
  • killaguwop
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Ether is overrated
    Stillmatic is a bad album
    The last nice ? that came from QU is either Grafh or 50
    All Banks fans should commit that
    Saigon could have been up there if the label didn't screw him over with those wack ass songs

Are you saying that graf is better than banks on the mic lol.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tommy has the most ? opinions....

dont post anymore you make yourself look stupid
    just sit back and flag posts you dont agree with.....

takin bout Kim ? on PAC
    and Outkast is overrrated and dropped on hot album...

and 50's impact better than Pac's? foh... 50 was hot for 2years and went MIA

Pac been dead for almost 20years and still making an impact in the game