John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If Gary Payton was giving MJ hell with his quickness and hands i could only assume dudes like D Wade, Westbrook, would give him fits too.
    Lol dwade.... shut the hell up if you said marion and tayshaun prince then that would pose problems
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    And Jordan posted Gary up almost the entire series. He couldnt do much. He was just a mismatch with whomever he won ships against.
    How was GP undersized though he was a point.

He defended MJ in the playoffs. And MJ was bigger than him. They wasnt putting Hershey Hawkins on him....Thats just an example of what MJ was up against. And even if defense isnt played the same, its easier to score over someone smaller than you than someone comparable in size

Lmao you can tell this dude didn't watch the 96 finals

Hawkins guarded mike the majority of the 1st 3 games and jordan was killin duke.Gp who was the defensive player of the year guarded him games 4-6 and mike couldn't hardly post him up cuz gp was frontin him and then they were sendin doubles from behind.Payton played great defense on mike(except game 5) if u watched you would of known this

You're also acting like mike didn't son a 6'7 clyde drexler in the 92 finals

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Zone defense wasnt introduced to the nba til 2001

Snapple fact.
    Jordan didnt play against a ZONE

Well regardless if it was called ZONE or not, what I'm saying is that, Jordan was rarely guarded solely by one person. Defenses would routinely collapse on him when he drove and box him in when he tried to shoot.

And if a size advantage is a knock against MJ then I guess we can kick Lebron down a few levels because half of his game involves muscling smaller and weaker players.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drexler, Gp, Joe Dumars, penny, Dennis Johnson, mike cooper, bobby Jones, Sidney moncrief, Derek Harper, ron Harper,
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Lets also not act like Jordan wasn't giving cats buckets of this generation at 40! Why are we dodging that!? Marion Kobe dudes were getting clapped
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Jason Kidd, Dan marjle, Eddie Jones, bobby Phills...I named cats that made all d teams at a wing position lol. Yall bugging.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan did in fact face zone defenses. Pistons and C's perfected the 1-2-2 box zone and Pat Riley inherited it when he started coaching the knicks. So, if enough with myths. Not to mention, for the most part TEAMS guarded Jordan not individuals.
  • darknight
    darknight Members Posts: 185
    Options
    Some of y'all are really trying way way WAY too hard to appear basketball savvy.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL can't be mad at this man for his personal experience. I don't agree but I haven't played everyone that he has so how can I call it ? ?
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    only ONE player ended the detroit pistons reign salley....

it wasnt magic...it wasnt bird...

it was.......................................................
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Salley is on point.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only ONE player ended the detroit pistons reign salley....

it wasnt magic...it wasnt bird...

it was.......................................................

michael jackson?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? did not say the same Westbrook who get abused by Jeremy Pargo could give Jordan hell
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic had more skill as well

no Magic was a better passer.... Jordan was a better defender, more athletic, better jump shooter, Magic had that slow elementary set shot.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Jordan ? on a 91 lakers team with magic worthy n etc jordan ? on 92 blazers team with drexler porter ? on a 93 suns team with sum guy named barkley ? on 96 sonics team that not only had gp but some guy named shawn kemp 97-98 malone ... N lets not act like the pistons, knicks, n pacers werent all very good to great teams... Its just different
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold on.. so GP is undersized to some people but usmarin3 is tryna say d Wade would be able to guard Jordan? Lol..I would love to see that.. and y dudes acting like only one guy guards one guy all the time? If That's thee case, it's mj fault them ? coaches didn't make adjustments..smh.. them coaches COULDN'T make adjustments becuz there was no adjustment to be made that would be effective.. the Jordan hate is strong in this thread but I never heard this ? when when I was watching mj n the 90's
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Hold on.. so GP is undersized to some people but usmarin3 is tryna say d Wade would be able to guard Jordan? Lol..I would love to see that.. and y dudes acting like only one guy guards one guy all the time? If That's thee case, it's mj fault them ? coaches didn't make adjustments..smh.. them coaches COULDN'T make adjustments becuz there was no adjustment to be made that would be effective.. the Jordan hate is strong in this thread but I never heard this ? when when I was watching mj n the 90's

its been soundly established that USmarine dont know ? about sports i thing he thought wade was 6'10 and not about the same size as GP
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ is not GOAT. He is GOAT marketable player tho.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    John Salley and Oscar Robinson got y'all sounding stupid in here. Mike Jordan, getting 7 consecutive triple doubles and getting buckets. Locking mugs up from the 2 position averaging 2 blocks. Lol, marketability? Larry Bird is more marketable than Jordan if we're stating facts. A dark skinned dude with a ? up hairline is only marketable if his talent is ground breaking.

Mark Price was highly marketable. Didn't happen. Brent Barry the dunking white man. Chris Mullins crew cut killer jumper. Magic was force fed to us. Magic bird this and that. They got a Broadway musical. Magic wasn't even close to ? with Bird. They both say they only talk once a year!

? this is stupid. Just please watch basketball objectively.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Basketball skill is not a matter of opinion.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    John Salley and Oscar Robinson got y'all sounding stupid in here. Mike Jordan, getting 7 consecutive triple doubles and getting buckets. Locking mugs up from the 2 position averaging 2 blocks. Lol, marketability? Larry Bird is more marketable than Jordan if we're stating facts. A dark skinned dude with a ? up hairline is only marketable if his talent is ground breaking.

Mark Price was highly marketable. Didn't happen. Brent Barry the dunking white man. Chris Mullins crew cut killer jumper. Magic was force fed to us. Magic bird this and that. They got a Broadway musical. Magic wasn't even close to ? with Bird. They both say they only talk once a year!

? this is stupid. Just please watch basketball objectively.

....seriously.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If Gary Payton was giving MJ hell with his quickness and hands i could only assume dudes like D Wade, Westbrook, would give him fits too.

Naw both them dudes are wild on the defensive end.... gambling for steals jumping for pumpfakes... mj would abuse them on the block

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    Up was hell on defense
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Glove* was hell on d
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn a lot of ? hurt by John Salley's opinion....its the same ? didn't have a father growing up that are upset. Jordan was a father for these "first 48 missing daddy" ? if you ever tell any of them he isn't the GOAT they will catch felings....