Rick Ross takes another BIG L

Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Let's not celebrate too hard and turn red in the face.

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" is the best selling HipHop release of 2012 and it also had a 70% drop in second week sales

A similar Def Jam artists Young Jeezy's album "TM-103" had a second week drop of 72% but nobody cared or felt the need to dedicate a discussion to it because there was no emotional investment in looking for "L'"s associated with him or his label.

WHY all this hate on the Bawse . i wish him success because he worked hard.

Posters on here tend to embody whatever they put in their avatars, so their posts tend to mimic the visual elements they add to their profile. Most times It's easy to predict the direction of their hatred and attention-seeking simply by looking at their profile.

We school em or just ignore em.

thats a lie. second week sales are paid more attention to now than they ever had been in the past.this is due to the belief that labels are buying their own artists albums just so their first week sales will look impressive

jeezy's numbers were criticized
    nicki's numbers were criticized
    and now ross's numbers are being criticized

nothing has changed
    ???Bath Salts?

I said nothing about criticism you must have quoted the wrong person or the hangover from last night is in effect.

I specifically said that nobody dedicated a discussion to Jeezys second week sales and nobody cared, if you think I'm wrong then please find a search engine and unearth the Illcommunity thread dedicated to it.

im disputing your claim that nobody cared about jeezy's second week sales. i remember folks talking about it on here and claiming def jam bought a large portion of TM103. it goes this way for most high profile hip hop releases these days. i dont have the patience to go back and look for it but im sure its there

you're claiming posters on here are singling out ross's second week sales decrease when in fact they're treating him no different than any other rapper that has been in that position

are there posters that loves to see ross fail? sure. but every rapper has those critics, some more apparent than others
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not celebrate too hard and turn red in the face.

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded" is the best selling HipHop release of 2012 and it also had a 70% drop in second week sales

A similar Def Jam artists Young Jeezy's album "TM-103" had a second week drop of 72% but nobody cared or felt the need to dedicate a discussion to it because there was no emotional investment in looking for "L'"s associated with him or his label.

WHY all this hate on the Bawse . i wish him success because he worked hard.

Posters on here tend to embody whatever they put in their avatars, so their posts tend to mimic the visual elements they add to their profile. Most times It's easy to predict the direction of their hatred and attention-seeking simply by looking at their profile.

We school em or just ignore em.

thats a lie. second week sales are paid more attention to now than they ever had been in the past.this is due to the belief that labels are buying their own artists albums just so their first week sales will look impressive

jeezy's numbers were criticized
    nicki's numbers were criticized
    and now ross's numbers are being criticized

nothing has changed
    ???Bath Salts?

I said nothing about criticism you must have quoted the wrong person or the hangover from last night is in effect.

I specifically said that nobody dedicated a discussion to Jeezys second week sales and nobody cared, if you think I'm wrong then please find a search engine and unearth the Illcommunity thread dedicated to it.

im disputing your claim that nobody cared about jeezy's second week sales. i remember folks talking about it on here and claiming def jam bought a large portion of TM103. it goes this way for most high profile hip hop releases these days. i dont have the patience to go back and look for it but im sure its there

you're claiming posters on here are singling out ross's second week sales decrease when in fact they're treating him no different than any other rapper that has been in that position

are there posters that loves to see ross fail? sure. but every rapper has those critics, some more apparent than others

Don't attempt to dispute my claim just simply drop a link to the AHH thread that was dedicated to Jeezys second-week record sales for "TM103" and prove my statement as being untrue.

I never made any claim about posters "singling out" those were your words my exact words were: "because there was no emotional investment in looking for "L'"s associated with him or his label.

Based on the T/S making multiple Ross-fail threads for GFID I would say that my assessment is correct in regards to his emotional investment in looking for "L"s associated with Ross and his label.

My original statements still stand unless someone can provide the thread that was dedicated to discussing TM103's second week sales being an "L".
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not a race its a marathon....
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet Will Smith bough 50% of the first week sales so people won't buy Life Is good cuz it reminds him how bad his life is when his daughter writes letters to Tupac
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? !! There go my ratings...
    ? !! There go my fans...
    ? !! Can't stay on top...David Letterman!

David Letterman! Maybach Music! David Letterman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tka0HR9UdYE

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Its not a race its a marathon....

And it figures Rick Ross' fat ass wouldn't be able to run for long

• Crooklyn09
    Crooklyn09 Members Posts: 143
    Options
    ? Forgives album wasn't worth my 12 bucks............
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All y'all ? suspect as ? for giving TS positive reactions after the ? ? he did in donkey.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross is ok going into 2013. His relevance was not a risk dropping that last album.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gawd dont like the title of his album...
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Ross will surpass gold by the end of the year....
    not only that, his album would be a contender for "Rap album of the year"....

thats a double no, 60 the 2nd week, 19 the next and so on, ross lost even at 5 dollars a pop

• TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on the T/S making multiple Ross-fail threads for GFID I would say that my assessment is correct in regards to his emotional investment in looking for "L"s associated with Ross and his label.

Looking? Im on a hiphop news site bro i just click on one thing that shows hiphop sales and BOOM there goes the roof. rick ross takin them L's
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Looking? Im on a hiphop news site bro i just click on one thing that shows hiphop sales and BOOM there goes the roof. rick ross takin them L's

You're still a ? though.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    Options
    every album he's floppin em
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my beard is growing right the ? now
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I downloaded it

It was wack

Doesn't surprise me
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seee tha cracka protektors are outtttttttt you munkeeeeeeeeeeeeees lol
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    whether some here want to admit it or not 73% in sales after the 1st week is a huge deal when you are at the level that Ross is in the game. Looks like his ? fans are the only ones who are interested in his album. Releasing too much ? ain't always a good idea, especially when some of the ? ain't hot or sounds just like the ? that you released a day or so before.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    All I have to say is that he better expand his music's content and quit rappin' about selling drugs, cars, jewelry, money, ? , etc. every ? line. That ? runs out especially when the beat and tempo and the flow patterns are the same or similar from one song to the next.